What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

53 minutes ago, sandy said:

There is a chance that the Hearts proposal will be rejected today. This will result in us dropping into a Division when many clubs won’t be able to survive without crowds. This nightmare scenario could see our 2020/21 season mothballed.

I wonder whether such an outcome would make legal action more likely, and more importantly increase the possibility of a successful outcome. By "successful" I mean financially in terms of compo.

7 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I wonder whether such an outcome would make legal action more likely, and more importantly increase the possibility of a successful outcome. By "successful" I mean financially in terms of compo.

Yes, it probably would. But I expect we’d all rather see the Jags playing than having to rely on a legal challenge to extract some compensation.

Would it not be the case that if member clubs meet the criteria to continue next season,Hearts, Thistle & Falkirk.  Then the SPFL are duty bound to find the clubs fixtures to play?

Also, if member clubs decide, for whatever reason, not to participate in completing a fixture list. Then they should be expelled, or resign from the organisation?

Therfore, the SPFL should establish the number of clubs who meet the criteria, and organise the Leagues accordingly. (No voting required!)

Thistle are one of only 6 clubs out of 42 who operated at a profit according to the last available financial results!

If forced to cease conducting business by a voting process, would this not be in breach of Restrictive Trade laws!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Remember compo would have to be paid by the SPFL i.e the clubs. I think Hearts thought that taking legal action, would sway the clubs to accept re construction

3 hours ago, thru thin and thin said:

Would it not be the case that if member clubs meet the criteria to continue next season,Hearts, Thistle & Falkirk.  Then the SPFL are duty bound to find the clubs fixtures to play?

Also, if member clubs decide, for whatever reason, not to participate in completing a fixture list. Then they should be expelled, or resign from the organisation?

Therfore, the SPFL should establish the number of clubs who meet the criteria, and organise the Leagues accordingly. (No voting required!)

Thistle are one of only 6 clubs out of 42 who operated at a profit according to the last available financial results!

If forced to cease conducting business by a voting process, would this not be in breach of Restrictive Trade laws!

I'd imagine that everything in terms of fixture draws (like they really happen), would continue as normal for all of the Leagues.

Any teams that could not fulfil their fixtures would be suspended from the league indefinitely and fined heavily.

The impact to those teams and the ones that could play, will be severe.

As the above seems quite likely IMO, the SPFL should get a grip and do something to avoid this terminal situation, that does not include a stupid vote with people that can't see further than their noses.  

4 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

I'd imagine that everything in terms of fixture draws (like they really happen), would continue as normal for all of the Leagues.

Any teams that could not fulfil their fixtures would be suspended from the league indefinitely and fined heavily.

The impact to those teams and the ones that could play, will be severe.

As the above seems quite likely IMO, the SPFL should get a grip and do something to avoid this terminal situation, that does not include a stupid vote with people that can't see further than their noses.  

Sadly at a time when kindness & altruism have emerged across our communities, many Clubs have behaved (or voted) in a way that demonstrates self-interest. 

The Scottish game is rank right now. 

5 hours ago, sandy said:

There is a chance that the Hearts proposal will be rejected today. This will result in us dropping into a Division when many clubs won’t be able to survive without crowds. This nightmare scenario could see our 2020/21 season mothballed.

I really hope this is not the outcome. 

Reports Championship may be mothballed too 

interesting update from Norway ....

But the Norwegian public health authority has published a report with a striking conclusion: the virus was never spreading as fast as had been feared and was already on the way out when lockdown was ordered. ‘It looks as if the effective reproduction rate had already dropped to around 1.1 when the most comprehensive measures were implemented on 12 March, and that there would not be much to push it down below 1… We have seen in retrospect that the infection was on its way down.’ Here’s the graph, with the R-number on the right-hand scale:

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

But the Norwegian public health authority has published a report with a striking conclusion: the virus was never spreading as fast as had been feared and was already on the way out when lockdown was ordered. ‘It looks as if the effective reproduction rate had already dropped to around 1.1 when the most comprehensive measures were implemented on 12 March, and that there would not be much to push it down below 1… We have seen in retrospect that the infection was on its way down.’ Here’s the graph, with the R-number on the right-hand scale:

This is a very interesting statement.  And gives great hope.  Let’s hope this means what I think it does regarding the future of the virus. 

Just now, jaf said:

This is a very interesting statement.  And gives great hope.  Let’s hope this means what I think it does regarding the future of the virus. 

Still 400+ deaths recorded in U.K. yesterday.  That’s more than previous 3 days combined I think. Not sure if we have this under control just yet.

5 minutes ago, jaf said:

Yes....with WHO saying they don’t think there will be a second wave and the virus under control in those countries who have lifted lockdown football maybe on the agenda 

13 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Still 400+ deaths recorded in U.K. yesterday.  That’s more than previous 3 days combined I think. Not sure if we have this under control just yet.

Monday was a public holiday in England, so the figures for the last 3 days will be low and today’s high. Let’s see where we are tomorrow 

Daily new infection rate Is still several thousand

34 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Norway has also announced the removal of the 1meter distance rule for schools and kindergartens from Monday, rest of society to follow within 2 weeks

27 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

As I’ve stated previously I know personally of 3 families who are appealing the cause of death for their relatives being classed as COVID, when this was definitely not the main contributor to the deaths. 

8 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

As I’ve stated previously I know personally of 3 families who are appealing the cause of death for their relatives being classed as COVID, when this was definitely not the main contributor to the deaths. 

What do they get if they win the appeal?

• Downvote 1

October for competitive football I reckon. The virus is on the way out and a second wave is unlikely. Don’t know what our crowd sizes will be like as it appears a sizeable percentage of the population have been terrorised and brainwashed into thinking that if they step outside their home they will definitely catch the virus and definitely die.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

Mate, I sympathise with your friends. I do think though that the experience you have had in Norway is very different to what has happened in the UK. I would question too whether relatives are in a better position than a medical professional when it comes to deciding upon a cause of death. 

1 hour ago, alexander livingstone said:

Not what was said by a WHO official as quoted in the I paper this morning

I posted a tweet from Prof Karl Sikora quoting the WHO ......meanwhile Switzerland lifted lockdown on May 11 no increase in cases and now....

Switzerland is relaxing most of its remaining coronavirus restrictions on public life: 
•Starting May 30, gatherings of up to 30 people will be allowed. 
•From June 6, tourist sites and public spaces can reopen and 
•Gatherings of up to 300 people will be permitted.

45 minutes ago, ironfist said:

Mate, I sympathise with your friends. I do think though that the experience you have had in Norway is very different to what has happened in the UK. I would question too whether relatives are in a better position than a medical professional when it comes to deciding upon a cause of death. 

2 were terminally ill. No postmortem was carried out after a COVID test showed positive