What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

23 minutes ago, scotty said:

I hate to tell you but there's no-one cares about the wee diddy teams. Unless you are one or support one! Looks like Strachan, Budge and a good few others will get their cull of the clubs they don't rate or like!

It’s looking more and more likely we are going to be part of that cull group and have no football this year

7 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Ok , 

The care home deaths, because patients were sent back from hospital without being tested , brought to light by the media

The cover up of the Nike conference till it was brought to light by the media 

The closing of wards at Garnavel after Covid patients were transferred from the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, brought to light by the media.

Indisputable facts , maybe it was the media’s fault.

But your point was that the blame for these was shifted to Westminster. Where is your justification for that?

• Like 1

Budge definitely gave up her moral high ground by proposing 14-14-14. Seems that relegating Hearts was unjust but lumping the bottom 4 from league 1 in with the league 2 teams was totally fine. 

Edited by allyo

10 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Unfortunately, as I don’t subscribe I can’t read that. Does it say that Nike contacted everybody that was at that conference to tell them someone attending had brought Covid 19 in ?

Sorry. I just used the first link that I found. I should have checked that you could read it. 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-nike-conference-ground-zero-18235869

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/edinburgh-nike-conference-outbreak-linked-22078157

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/edinburgh-kilt-maker-hired-covid-19-hit-nike-conference-reveals-government-did-not-try-trace-her-2865810

7 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

It’s looking more and more likely we are going to be part of that cull group and have no football this year

Hearts next move will be interesting. If they do decide to go down the legal route, perhaps supported by ourselves and Stranraer, that could put a delay on the new season start for everyone else, especially if there is an appeal from either side.

32 minutes ago, allyo said:

But your point was that the blame for these was shifted to Westminster. Where is your justification for that?

Twisting words Allyo , said about any  mistakes Nicola Sturgeon and Co usually divert them back them to Westminster.

Back to football 

8 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Ok , 

The care home deaths, because patients were sent back from hospital without being tested , brought to light by the media

The cover up of the Nike conference till it was brought to light by the media 

The closing of wards at Garnavel after Covid patients were transferred from the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, brought to light by the media.

Indisputable facts , maybe it was the media’s fault.

actually these are partly facts and partly opinion. 

Can you provide evidence of a cover up ? Can you tell me what the benefit was of ‘covering up’ as you put it ? What was the motivation ? Who gained what and why ?
Why was the Nike conference then not publicised by Public Health England when they were informed and were doing track and trace in England ? Were  they trying to avoid blaming the Westminster Govt ?
what are your views on patient confidentiality ? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Twisting words Allyo , said about any  mistakes Nicola Sturgeon and Co usually divert them back them to Westminster.

Back to football 

Not twisting words at all. You listed these things as a direct response, when GRE called out your statement regarding blame shifting as a crock of shit.

You'll have to scan a fair way up this thread to find many references to football, but I understand that you might want to "move on from this".

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

actually these are partly facts and partly opinion. 

Can you provide evidence of a cover up ? Can you tell me what the benefit was of ‘covering up’ as you put it ? What was the motivation ? Who gained what and why ?
Why was the Nike conference then not publicised by Public Health England when they were informed and were doing track and trace in England ? Were  they trying to avoid blaming the Westminster Govt ?
what are your views on patient confidentiality ? 

So we’ve got devolved powers in some areas , we’ve been in charge of the Covid pandemic from day 1 , our track and trace was meant to be in place from Day 1 , not sure the relevance of what you’re saying that we informed Public Health England has to do with it , it happened on our door step and until the media picked up on it we would never have known about it , the motivation why things weren’t transparent from the start was because obviously it wasn’t handled properly and the track and trace at best was inefficient.

The patient confidentiality is a distraction, unless you can tell me that every Covid patient is publicised .

10 minutes ago, allyo said:

Not twisting words at all. You listed these things as a direct response, when GRE called out your statement regarding blame shifting as a crock of shit.

You'll have to scan a fair way up this thread to find many references to football, but I understand that you might want to "move on from this".

Was she not diverting the Nike conference scenario back to Public Health England ?

16 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

So we’ve got devolved powers in some areas , we’ve been in charge of the Covid pandemic from day 1 , our track and trace was meant to be in place from Day 1 , not sure the relevance of what you’re saying that we informed Public Health England has to do with it , it happened on our door step and until the media picked up on it we would never have known about it , the motivation why things weren’t transparent from the start was because obviously it wasn’t handled properly and the track and trace at best was inefficient.

The patient confidentiality is a distraction, unless you can tell me that every Covid patient is publicised .

Ok PHE are involved because many of the participants in the conference were from England with a large cluster from the North  East....why was it not publicised there ? Were  PHE covering it up as well ? 

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ok PHE are involved because many of the participants in the conference were from England with a large cluster from the North  East....why was it not publicised there ? Were  PHE covering it up as well ? 

For goodness sake Javeajag , it happened in our country, makes no difference where anyone was from , it was and is our responsibility .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

For goodness sake Javeajag , it happened in our country, makes no difference where anyone was from , it was and is our responsibility .

No....your missing the point ....the approaches of the Scottish Govt and the U.K. govt involving people from Scotland and England on this issue was the was the same . 

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

No....your missing the point ....the approaches of the Scottish Govt and the U.K. govt involving people from Scotland and England on this issue was the was the same . 

Ok so any outbreaks in London we were responsible for providing some of them were Scottish, bizarre argument 

Nicola Sturgeon with her devolved powers has mapped her own route with the Covid pandemic , nothing at all to do with PHE ,  the motivation for covering it up was because it was handled badly.

Just now, jlsarmy said:

Ok so any outbreaks in London we were responsible for providing some of them were Scottish, bizarre argument 

Nicola Sturgeon with her devolved powers has mapped her own route with the Covid pandemic , nothing at all to do with PHE ,  the motivation for covering it up was because it was handled badly.

Ffs......there are two health regimes  in the U.K. one in Scotland and one in England .....the incident affected people living in both countries ....so both are involved in the incident the approach taken by both health services was the same .....reflect on why that might be 

I also like the point that it wasn’t publicised at the time because they knew they handled it badly ....how would yiy know that till much later ?!!

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ffs......there are two health regimes  in the U.K. one in Scotland and one in England .....the incident affected people living in both countries ....so both are involved in the incident the approach taken by both health services was the same .....reflect on why that might be 

I also like the point that it wasn’t publicised at the time because they knew they handled it badly ....how would yiy know that till much later ?!!

It should have been publicised  at the time because it was in the Public Interest , there needs to be a transparency , not actually wait to the media call you out on it .

10 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

It should have been publicised  at the time because it was in the Public Interest , there needs to be a transparency , not actually wait to the media call you out on it .

So why did two health authorities take a different view I wonder 

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Was she not diverting the Nike conference scenario back to Public Health England ?

I haven't seen any evidence of the Scottish government shifting the blame for the Nike conference scenario back to either Public Health England or Westminster.

Happy to be corrected if you can find any example of this. 

I'm not suggesting that the Scottish government hasn't made mistakes in relation to the Covid crisis. I'm just specifically questioning your assertion that they have shifted all the blame to England.

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Back on topic, I increasingly fear this might be the scenario we face; dropping into a third tier which is mothballed.

update from Spain ... Tebas is the head of La Liga

Javier Tebas talking in Marca on-line conference. Says plan is for new season to start on September 12. (Much earlier than we expected). 
(This season to finish July 12, which is earlier than initially planned, but then European competition will take up August).