What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

Interesting to read that schools in Korea have closed again due to further outbreaks of Covid-19, and this after they were allowed to re-open based on what looked like a nice drop in the rate of infections.

And yet there are people criticizing the Scottish government for "destroying children's education" because the government thinks it wise to postpone re-opening until after the summer holidays.

Just imagine those people's reactions if schools did reopen now and children or their parents got infected............

I don’t know who are criticising the Scottish govt ? All the opinion polls tell you the public are behind her.....in fact a U.K. wide poll yesterday had 44% saying she handled the virus the best ....the idiot was on 19%

8 hours ago, Emsca said:

Do you honestly believe that?

The SPFL is run by those 2 abetted  by Peter Lawwell. 

You are right in that those 2 are corrupt and in Lawwell's pocket, however they are very clever in manipulating votes. They didn't have a vote in terminating the lower leagues or in avoiding an independent inquiry, but still got the result that they wanted. It was the member clubs that cast the votes.

The point I was trying to get across is that to have a League One season, with penalties for missed fixtures, the League One clubs would need to agree to this (probably 75%) and there is no way that is going to happen. Remember that the Championship sides had a meeting and came up with this 18 (maybe 27) game season proposal, however that is not yet confirmed, presumably because some clubs (QotS, Arbroath and Alloa ?) are not yet ready to commit and it doesn't yet have enough support from the member clubs. 

Back to Doncaster, McLennan and Lawwell. The fun boy 3 don't actually give a stuff about League One or Two (other than needing their support) so we can't rely on them for any manipulation in our favour.

14 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Seemingly it is in the SPFL rules( yes i was surprised they had rules), the season has to be completed before they can put up a team for the play off  against Highland/Lowland league champions. Yet it is ok to relegate 3 clubs when the season has not been completed.:thinking:

Thanks AJ.  That's how I remember it being described on Sportsound.  Not a trace of irony from the SPFL!

56 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I don’t know who are criticising the Scottish govt ? All the opinion polls tell you the public are behind her.....in fact a U.K. wide poll yesterday had 44% saying she handled the virus the best ....the idiot was on 19%

The public may be but main stream media don't let that get in the way of reporting in ways which suit them.

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Those who are criticizing are those who want to criticize. Yes, they are in a minority, but it doesn't stop them (or their media friends).

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

Those who are criticizing are those who want to criticize. Yes, they are in a minority, but it doesn't stop them (or their media friends).

I don’t vote SNP but happen to think she’s handled it better than the others.

I discuss this on other forums because this is supposed to be about football.

Move on.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

I don’t vote SNP but happen to think she’s handled it better than the others.

I discuss this on other forums because this is supposed to be about football.

Move on.

But we are discussing the things that mean there is no football to discuss.

Clyde will reject Hearts reconstruction proposal.

https://m.clydefc.co.uk/news/2020/05/30/6432/#.XtJJ8eR4XDs

Suggestions too if Hearts take legal route then they could have their membership revoked for breaching article rules.  I would take a guess that we will start football again as a League 1 team barring a spate of clubs going to the wall.

13 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Suggestions too if Hearts take legal route then they could have their membership revoked for breaching article rules.  I would take a guess that we will start football again as a League 1 team barring a spate of clubs going to the wall.

Interview with Ann Budge on sportsound from 2pm today. Seemingly she admits her reconstruction plans have no chance of going through.

17 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Clyde are entitled to look after themselves but the last sentence is a bit rich considering the way they voted previously to end the season. These arguments were as applicable then too. 

26 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Or Hearts taking legal action. Come on Hearts .... go for it

56 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Jason Leitch has just said on off the ball. 1st August not a definite start date for football and this is what he told the football authorities yesterday.

You wouldn’t expect him to say anything else at this stage till they see how doing out of lockdown goes....interestingly France today announced they are speeding up coming out of lockdown which seems to be the trend

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

You wouldn’t expect him to say anything else at this stage till they see how doing out of lockdown goes....interestingly France today announced they are speeding up coming out of lockdown which seems to be the trend

Did you hear him ? He was very cautious and said stage 2 will not necessarily start in 3 weeks time.Makes no difference to Thistle, it is the premier league that will start up first. We might not even have any games next season. It all depends on how many of the teams in our league can actually play.

20 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Celtic asking for next seasons fixtures to be issued asap. Really.

Well the SPFL better get on with it if thats what Celtic want. Premume they will have had their usual input into the order of the fixtures. Are they getting a wee break in December so they can have a lucrative trip to America ?? 

• Like 1

Only sensible part of the Gypos statement

The Hearts paper points to the possibility that some clubs might not play at all in the coming season. That is a serious and concerning issue for clubs, so setting a new structure now, when clubs might decide to ‘mothball’ for a season, risks further disruption, and perhaps the loss of all football for all clubs below the Premiership. Far better to establish who can and cannot play with the clearest possible view of the future, with perhaps a deadline set for when clubs decide.

5 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Did anyone listen to Sportsound on BBC Scotland? What was all this offer of multi million pounds no strings attached funds for the 42 SPFL teams? Apparently Doncaster doesn't seem interested?

Ann Budge said that a group of people are willing to give the spfl millions to help lower league clubs play football next season .....no strings attached 

the response has been for her to submit a paper !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

Ann Budge said that a group of people are willing to give the spfl millions to help lower league clubs play football next season .....no strings attached 

the response has been for her to submit a paper !

Crikey, most people would bite their hand off for an offer like that. I actually don't think that the SPFL want 42 clubs to survive in all honesty.