What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

44 minutes ago, Emsca said:

Well the SPFL better get on with it if thats what Celtic want. Premume they will have had their usual input into the order of the fixtures. Are they getting a wee break in December so they can have a lucrative trip to America ?? 

As long as Scottish football is controlled by Rangers FC, Celtic FC and Sky / BT TV networks it is compromised as a 'sporting association'. With those three entities, Scottish football is moving towards an advertising facility for betting shops ..... nothing more

17 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Any money coming in, they need to make sure it goes to the clubs that really need it. Not just the usual, premier league gets the vast majority of it.

Which is probably why the SPFL seems to be cool on the idea. Even Dereck McInnes was saying that it would help them out if money were to be put in. So will he be against it if Aberdeen don't get any but it's directed at the lower divisions?

1 minute ago, scotty said:

Which is probably why the SPFL seems to be cool on the idea. Even Dereck McInnes was saying that it would help them out if money were to be put in. So will he be against it if Aberdeen don't get any but it's directed at the lower divisions?

The problem they have is that they need some kind of championship league below the premier but how many can play is the question 

This should be simple. 

It's  a football association. 

Members should be asked do you want to play fixtures?

If the answer is no, step aside, move to the back of the queue and let those who can and are willing participate.

Its a bit of  joke teams (Ayr Utd?) saying we can't play unless the govt provide financial assistance (not going to happen) and those blocking teams preventing others from playing. 

There should be strings attached! Namely, that the funding is to be distributed to the lower league clubs only, to allow them to complete a fixture list at this difficult time!

SPFL will just pool the funds, and distribute them to all 42 members, asking them to vote on it!

Current split of monies is 84% to the top 12, 16% to 30 lower clubs!

So, for every million pound donated, the lower league clubs would receive £160,000 between them!

Aye,right!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thru thin and thin said:

There should be strings attached! Namely, that the funding is to be distributed to the lower league clubs only, to allow them to complete a fixture list at this difficult time!

SPFL will just pool the funds, and distribute them to all 42 members, asking them to vote on it!

Current split of monies is 84% to the top 12, 16% to 30 lower clubs!

So, for every million pound donated, the lower league clubs would receive £160,000 between them!

Aye,right!

Anne Budge is claiming that the offer was for the lower division clubs. That will probably be enough for the top 12 to reject it when they're not getting the largest share. I wouldn't be surprised if the money from the TV deal is divided up amongst the premiership clubs as they are the only ones playing.

1 hour ago, scotty said:

Anne Budge is claiming that the offer was for the lower division clubs. That will probably be enough for the top 12 to reject it when they're not getting the largest share. I wouldn't be surprised if the money from the TV deal is divided up amongst the premiership clubs as they are the only ones playing.

Why can’t the donors just approach each of the clubs individually - each club can do their own due diligence. I appreciate the SPFL board would need to check that the donor is a suitable person. I don’t understand why the clubs need to vote on it. 
Did we have to get approval for Colin Weir investing ?

1 minute ago, Lenziejag said:

Why can’t the donors just approach each of the clubs individually - each club can do their own due diligence. I appreciate the SPFL board would need to check that the donor is a suitable person. I don’t understand why the clubs need to vote on it. 
Did we have to get approval for Colin Weir investing ?

It sounded as though the donors want to remain anonomous and so were using Ann Budge as a conduit to put money specifically into the lower divisions. As for the clubs having to vote if the spfl is going to distribute any cash I'm sure there will be calls for it to be distributed among the clubs who think they deserve it rather than those who need it. Clubs like Aberdeen probably think they have a right.

33 minutes ago, scotty said:

It sounded as though the donors want to remain anonomous and so were using Ann Budge as a conduit to put money specifically into the lower divisions. As for the clubs having to vote if the spfl is going to distribute any cash I'm sure there will be calls for it to be distributed among the clubs who think they deserve it rather than those who need it. Clubs like Aberdeen probably think they have a right.

I am still not sure why SPFL need to be involved. 
The donors could just have given Ann Budge the money and she distributes it. She can do the due diligence on the donors.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

You can safely leave the distribution of any free-gift millions to the SPFL.  Any organisation that allocates 84% of their funding to 28% of their members clearly has a sound grasp of financial parity.

I think we could safely say that Scottish Football is well and truly f**ked.

According to the extremely reliable Mail, some Premier League clubs say they can’t afford the testing to restart while others won’t recall players from furlough until there is certainty. It only needs 2 clubs to veto the restart .... if they are to be believed.

Meanwhile Rangers and Celtic are considered to be the 2 most at risk clubs in Europe.

Finally Amiens SC courtcase in France against their relegation is due to start on Friday.

7 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I thought Budge said the money was to help lower league clubs. If the SPFL get their way the premier league will get at least 84%, just like the tv deal. The rest of the teams will be left with the crumbs of the premier leagues table.:red_card:

I would hope that Anderson would attach some conditions to the distribution. He would be insane to just hand over the cash.

26 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I would hope that Anderson would attach some conditions to the distribution. He would be insane to just hand over the cash.

Doncaster is licking his lips at the thought of this cash injection which sadly makes me fear he will have a say in its distribution.