What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

1 hour ago, elevenone said:

Full story here.  

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-spfl-reconstruction-plan-celtic-22146304.amp

Personally would rather relegation/expulsion if it meant the diluted versions of OF did not darken the doors of the lower leagues especially if bribing their way into it.

Thanks elevenone, i have no idea on how to do the link to a story. 

I know it goes against the grain, but if the only way we don't get relegated is to accept, this i would. I think if we go down to league 1 it could be a long way back for us and it could end up seeing us being like Airdrie or Clyde stuck in the lower leagues for years to come. If we go down at best we will be playing in a league where their is no guarantee we will bounce right back up again. I remember when we were struggling in the premier some fans saying, it would be good to be in a league where we won a lot more games, played younger players and got back into the premier with a young confident team. Some are saying the same about if we are in league 1. At worst we could find ourselves in league 1 and only ourselves and Falkirk wanting to play football for season 20/21, where would that leave us ? So as i say i know it goes against the grain, but we must make sure we get the best possible outcome from this crisis for Thistle even if that does mean agreeing with the 2 erse cheeks.

• Like 2

Unlike some, I always really wished the OF got what they've always wanted and moved south.

I now fear that if this ever did happen, we'd be left with their second string and be no better off.

I can imagine the master plan of introducing the B Squads to the lower leagues.

Those teams getting to the top of the Championship.

The OF heading to England and paving the way for their second string to enter the Premier League.

Shudder at the thought.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I don’t think their colts will be that good or the clubs have enough resources to make them that good. Relegation to the Lowland League would be mildly amusing

Relegation to the Highland League would be even funnier....just think of those midweek winter coach journeys to Wick! 

The only way the ugly sisters will ever play down south will be at the behest of some TV company. That's of course very unlikely to happen in the near future but further down the road if it meant boosting audiences then it could well happen. Similarly if a TV company wanted the OF colt teams in our leagues then it wouldn't be surprising to see that come about. It's much the same as no fans, no clubs and no players want to play on a Saturday night but play they now do. 

I don't want to see colt teams in our leagues, particularly not when it's those two vile clubs involved, but as always in Scottish Football it's the tail that wags the dog. An apt expression given how Doncaster & Co are so ready to give a paw and roll over to please their two masters.

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I don’t think their colts will be that good or the clubs have enough resources to make them that good. Relegation to the Lowland League would be mildly amusing

If their colts teams are made up of the players they’ve lent us over the years then we have nothing to fear cos they’re mince.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Whilst like all Thistle fans, I utterly detest the two ugly sisters. Normally I would resist they two having their reserves in the league. But it is time Partick Thistle FC looked after themselves, just like every other club in this absolute shitstorm. I've had enough of us being angelic and a soft touch. Of course, we should be and will always be above those two scumbags in rightouseness and morality, but we need to do what's best for us and to hell with everyone else. I back this new proposal with all its twisted alterior motives. Time to right the injustice of Thistle being relegated by  a corrupt system of voting and not on the playing field. Time for Thistle to take care of themselves  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I suspect that, uniquely among football clubs, the filth colts would be permanently guaranteed safety.... no relegation allowed for them, ever.

it would suit Scottish football much better to get a decent reserve league back up and running for clubs able to field a second string - allow all clubs to develop their B teams or youth - instead of giving the filth exclusive access to competitive football and their 'charade' of developing the game

36 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

There is a fundamental issue of giving the Old Firm preferential treatment over their peers simply because they are the OF. I know this has always happened anyway- but to actually enshrine it as a rule (OF colt teams allowed but no other colt teams) is absolutely unacceptable 

Other clubs can apply to have their colt teams join the lowland or highland league, although I didn’t see whether they can advance to championship as well.

20 hours ago, Muscat Jag said:

Jesus Christ I hate Scottish Football with a passion. It is a ****** horrible joke. The amount of my life that I've devoted to this mickey mouse shambles is nauseating. Old Firm B sides, I'd sooner pluck my eyeballs out than witness that obscenity. 

Yep, this. 

Bit of good news..Scott Fox has invoked his relegation clause and is off. Exactly the kind of guy we don't need at Thistle at the moment. At a time when having a secure contract is a priority for most players thats a bold move

23 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Other clubs can apply to have their colt teams join the lowland or highland league, although I didn’t see whether they can advance to championship as well.

yes so a different rule for the arse cheek colts who go straight into the bottom league. The idea stinks. Not in favour however its spun

1 hour ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

I have no problem with Colt/B teams.  Quite popular in Continental Europe. 

Most certainly not popular in Germany. Have watched a few Fortuna Köln matches against the likes of Gladbach B. Terrible. No away fans. Much better playing smaller teams who do bring fans and actually care about the result of the match.