What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

7 minutes ago, sandy said:

I’ve actually come to the point where I dont care about the SPFL or their numerous reconstruction plans; we should never have been bottom of the Championship when the music stopped.

Lets go down to Tier 3 and rise again; C’mon the Jags

No - that would be a typical PTFC reaction/ attitude.  Let them shaft us , just accept it and get on with it.

We should definately continue to fight the injustice of being demoted from a League which was not finished, until there are no options left. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, sandy said:

I’ve actually come to the point where I dont care about the SPFL or their numerous reconstruction plans; we should never have been bottom of the Championship when the music stopped.

One of the particularly depressing aspects that has emerged in the last few weeks,  has been the realisation that the Thistle support appears to have a certain number of quorn-eating surrender monkeys, who not only are accepting of our scandalous expulsion to the third tier of Scottish football, but are unbelievably embracing and looking forward to the prospect. This league may not even play any games till next year for Christ’s sake. If we go, we go - but it would be catastrophic and seriously damage the club , possibly for years. Nothing to celebrate. Our board has been noteably  quiet for over a month now, and I trust , unless they have taken leave of their senses, that they are doing everything in their power to protect the club, like Hearts are doing. Right is on our side.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, e4b said:

One of the particularly depressing aspects that has emerged in the last few weeks,  has been the realisation that the Thistle support appears to have a certain number of quorn-eating surrender monkeys, who not only are accepting of our scandalous expulsion to the third tier of Scottish football, but are unbelievably embracing and looking forward to the prospect. This league may not even play any games till next year for Christ’s sake. If we go, we go - but it would be catastrophic and seriously damage the club , possibly for years. Nothing to celebrate. Our board has been noteably  quiet for over a month now, and I trust , unless they have taken leave of their senses, that they are doing everything in their power to protect the club, like Hearts are doing. Right is on our side.

What is quorn?

5 minutes ago, e4b said:

Grow up.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

What gave you that idea. They never have been interested that no team should suffer, just that their team doesn't suffer. That is all that matters.

Over the many hours i have listened to sportsound on Saturdays/Sundays , i have heard a number of people from different  clubs saying no club should suffer because of COVID - 19. We will see how many meant it.

57 minutes ago, e4b said:

I do not agree we should be going down, but name calling does nobody's argument any good. I think if you look @Emsca post just before yours, he gets his point over without any name calling.

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I take it that it's purely coincidental that the day after the Anderson fella donated £3m to Scottish football clubs that the SPFL are now actively touting this 14-10-10-10 arrangement. It's generally understood Mr Anderson has regularly helped bail out Hearts in recent years. Perhaps he is also willing to underwrite any legal action Hearts were to take? 

I think you are correct and that there is a connection! 

When I made my point about the SPFL at last providing leadership which they should have been doing all along  I did wonder why Doncaster all of a sudden seemed very keen on reconstruction. In fact it could be said that he has taken 'ownership' and is now 'driving' reconstruction. 

I didn't think of the Anderson connection  

I suspect the last thing the SPFL would want for a number of potentially embarrassing reasons would be a protracted legal action bankrolled by a very wealthy Hearts sympathiser! 

Hats off to her Ladyship!! 

1 hour ago, e4b said:

Have you seriously just realised that a football support with a wide fanbase has a variety of opinions with some that may differ from your own ? 

From my own perspective, I'll be happy not to support the majority of other clubs at away ties - it'll be my decision to do that - but it doesn't make it any more right or wrong when compared to another jags fan  who chooses to travel to away fixtures to clubs that shafted us - that'll be their choice... but to resort to puerile name calling doesn't support any argument you are trying to make. 

5 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

Have you seriously just realised that a football support with a wide fanbase has a variety of opinions with some that may differ from your own ? 

From my own perspective, I'll be happy not to support the majority of other clubs at away ties - it'll be my decision to do that - but it doesn't make it any more right or wrong when compared to another jags fan  who chooses to travel to away fixtures to clubs that shafted us - that'll be their choice... but to resort to puerile name calling doesn't support any argument you are trying to make. 

Spot on! 

I have long been an advocate of not attending away matches (and donating gate money saved  to the Jags) should we be demoted to League 1 for example, not going to Forfar. I don't see this changing should we be 'saved' and remain in the Championship! 

I will definitely not be going to Ayr or Dundee! Nevertheless other fans have expressed opposite views and that's fine by me! It's not about picking sides it's about each supporter doing what they think is right for them. I can appreciate the 'day out' tradition! 

11 hours ago, sandy said:

I thought something similar after the Livingston Premier League play-off game, I thought that at least being a Championship club there would be some football to see, some goals to be scored and I would see Thistle winning games for fun again …. that never happened, and we had two years of really utter, utter kak football.

I seriously hope there is a modicum of sense within the Scottish professional game and they manage to put together a league reconstruction package. Better that than having teams expunged from leagues due to bureaucracy rather than by playing football

Going down to League 1 might lead you to think every game would be a skoosh case for us ….. I have my doubts

Aberdeen have always claimed they are against any reorganisation of the top flight.  I see they are now in "talks" with the SPFL Board.  We'll see.

11 out of 12 Premiership clubs must vote for this proposal for it to have any chance so if only 2  vote "no" the proposal is lost irrespective of how every other club voted.

We're not out of the woods yet.

Edited by a f kincaid

11 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Spot on! 

I have long been an advocate of not attending away matches (and donating gate money saved  to the Jags) should we be demoted to League 1 for example, not going to Forfar. I don't see this changing should we be 'saved' and remain in the Championship! 

I will definitely not be going to Ayr or Dundee! Nevertheless other fans have expressed opposite views and that's fine by me! It's not about picking sides it's about each supporter doing what they think is right for them. I can appreciate the 'day out' tradition! 

It's a shame an aw as Somerset Park was my favourite away day out the lot 

I really dont get why the likes of Ross County would be against this. Surely this makes the chances of relegation less and thus more likely to stand in the top league. Maybe it is a money issue as the cash would need to be split slightly differently with 2 new teams at the bottom and the new teams in the prem would likely need to be brought under there pay scale. 

What exactly are the championship clubs after and who here is against this (Ayr & Dumfermline ??) but this set up wouldn't really change any of the lower leagues unless they got rid of the playoff structure which in my opinion would be a crime unless it changes to 2up 2down.

Sadly i think this will fail but i really cant see why, nobody really suffers here and with the money coming from Anderson can offset the lost prize money. I truly believe some people in Scottish football just think of themselves and not as Scottish football as a whole and sadly these are the guys charged with running it.

Scottish football has been a joke for so long now, widespread change is required but will never happen. If i didn't support Partick Thistle I wouldn't even care about Scottish football, its not like I tune in on a Sunday to watch Hamilton v Rangers. lol

36 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I really dont get why the likes of Ross County would be against this. Surely this makes the chances of relegation less and thus more likely to stand in the top league. Maybe it is a money issue as the cash would need to be split slightly differently with 2 new teams at the bottom and the new teams in the prem would likely need to be brought under there pay scale. 

What exactly are the championship clubs after and who here is against this (Ayr & Dumfermline ??) but this set up wouldn't really change any of the lower leagues unless they got rid of the playoff structure which in my opinion would be a crime unless it changes to 2up 2down.

Sadly i think this will fail but i really cant see why, nobody really suffers here and with the money coming from Anderson can offset the lost prize money. I truly believe some people in Scottish football just think of themselves and not as Scottish football as a whole and sadly these are the guys charged with running it.

Scottish football has been a joke for so long now, widespread change is required but will never happen. If i didn't support Partick Thistle I wouldn't even care about Scottish football, its not like I tune in on a Sunday to watch Hamilton v Rangers. lol

Re Ross ... I would guess that the issue is how the fixtures are split (I've not seen what is proposed, but I guess a top 6 bottom 8 split after 3 rounds) and would they end up with fewer or more fixtures post split depending on how the bottom 8 are scheduled. The other issue would be if this was permanent or temporary. If temporary there will need to be 2 additional relegations at some point.

As for Ayr, their objection would be ICT getting promoted without a play-off and I guess that Dunfermline would be the loss of 2 Hearts games.  

I'm not saying that I agree with them, just trying to see why they could object.

52 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Scottish football has been a joke for so long now, widespread change is required but will never happen. If i didn't support Partick Thistle I wouldn't even care about Scottish football, its not like I tune in on a Sunday to watch Hamilton v Rangers. 

This sums it up for me!