What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

12 minutes ago, scotty said:

Nah! That's just what the quorn producers tell you. :puke: (and why would non meat eaters need a meat substitute?)

I think meat eaters are consuming more fungus or soya based substitutes than they are aware of.

There is no doubt that having meat-free variants of food they are used to consuming has made it easier for many people to reduce the amount of meat they consume or turn their back on it completely. It's a gateway to a more adventurous culinary lifestyle.

Personally, I agree with your last point. I haven't eaten meat for 44 years and have no use for substitutes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, redandyellowallover said:

Ross ******* County. One club I would happily see disappear off the face of the earth. 

Their chairman has been obstructive at every stage of this process. A thoroughly dislikable man. 

My recollection is that people on here generally express a clear preference for Ross County over ICT, with Ross County being much more welcoming and generally decent, whereas ICT.......

17 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

My recollection is that people on here generally express a clear preference for Ross County over ICT, with Ross County being much more welcoming and generally decent, whereas ICT.......

My current feelings are probably heavily influenced by what's happened over the last couple of months. 

Ross County have been particularly keen to avoid helping any of the disadvantaged clubs. 

It's a measure of how desperate things are becoming, that our best hope might be Neil Doncaster. As we know to our cost, he can be very effective at "persuading" clubs to vote in a certain way. If he were to throw his weight behind this latest proposal, with threats of the financial implications of rejecting it, followed by Hearts taking legal action, it might just have a chance.

41 minutes ago, redandyellowallover said:

Ross ******* County. One club I would happily see disappear off the face of the earth. 

Their chairman has been obstructive at every stage of this process. A thoroughly dislikable man. 

He has been. I’m surprised considering he would possibly get 4 highland derbies if they go to 14.  It does annoy me that yo-yo clubs like Ross and St Mirren are the ones that seem to be obstructive

26 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

I've always wondered why the Quorns and Linda McCartney plant based nonsense always take up the shape of meat dishes - sausages, burgers, chicken fillets, mince etc 

Get your own shapes ya protein deficient anaemic doughballs! 

Suggestions for alternative shapes? 

It's when you hear Linda McCartney's mince mentioned.  OK, she was never the greatest of singers and kinda two fingered on the piano.

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

from Tom English 

General incredulity among various chairmen and chief executives about Neil Doncaster’s view that 14-10-10-10 has a chance of being approved. ‘Not a chance in hell’ is the gist.

I think we already knew this. If it can be afforded, then drag the ******** through court and make them sweat on them being hit with a huge bill. 

I'm fast coming to the opinion that we should cause as much damage to other clubs as is possible and hurt them financially. 

Its incredibly petty, but **** them. They're determined to sacrifice our club to try and protect themselves and we should not go down without a fight. 

The current proposal would ensure no club is punished, and there is minimal disruption to everyone. 

• Like 2

I was reluctant to criticise the other clubs too heavily before, not because I ever thought they'd do the right thing, but just because I felt they hadn't been given the opportinity to prove that one way or the other.

But as I've said, if they can't support this then they can shove their "for the good of Scottish football" shite

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, allyo said:

Don't shoot me either, just for eating quorn

Not at all. Each to their own.

12 minutes ago, allyo said:

I was reluctant to criticise the other clubs too heavily before, not because I ever thought they'd do the right thing, but just because I felt they hadn't been given the opportinity to prove that one way or the other.

But as I've said, if they can't support this then they can shove their "for the good of Scottish football" shite

Exactly.

10 hours ago, javeajag said:

I certainly hope that if Doncaster & Co decide to let smaller clubs (including us, due to expulsion) bleed to death through being unable to play matches, then we should definitely take the whole organization to court for the blatantly unfair loss of income. This could well see the end of us, with other clubs voting for nothing but their own self-interest, so if that's what they want, let's inflict as much damage and take as many down with us as possible!

• Like 1

As i have said before with a 14,10,10,10 set up nobody loses out. If this does not go through every team is voting in self interest, surprise, surprise. If that is the case we must take the same attitude and do whatever is best for Partick Thistle, no matter how it affects other teams.

• Like 2

(We believe it is time for clubs to show solidarity with us as we arbitrarily and disproportionately bear the brunt of the damage being done to our game due to circumstances that are no-one’s fault.

“Our plea is simple: choose to do no harm.”)

Today’s Board Statement.   Probably On deaf ears, but at least it is announced.