What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

3 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

F**k's that got to do with today's vote? Change the record!!!

3 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

F**k's that got to do with today's vote? Change the record!!!

7 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Pity we have Low, Britton, McCall and Archibald running things next season. Utterly disastrous. 

FFS, what  an absolute pile of shite this is, pity we have clowns like you as a so called supporter.  Go watch someone else and do us all a favour and post your shite on their forums.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Surely we have lost the ability to trade because of the votes of others? At least hearts know when they can play we don’t even 

Hearts now know that if they hadn't been demoted they would be playing games on the 1st August but now that they haven't been demoted are not allowed to play until 27th October. Thats probably 8 games worth and they've probably lost about £1-2 million in income. Makes legal action seem sensible if the compensation that could be won is in the region

We would at best be playing football on the 27th October if we stayed in the championship. We don't actually have a date for playing until league 1 clubs decide. It might be 27th October it could be a lot worse. Until we know it is a lot worse we've not been denied games or income. If league 1 starts on 27th October we've then got reduced income which whilst significant won't be the same order of magnitude and therefore less compensation would be due.

9 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

FFS, what  an absolute pile of shite this is, pity we have clowns like you as a so called supporter.  Go watch someone else and do us all a favour and post your shite on their forums.

Fair old chance we'll all be watching someone else when Thistle are wound up. Think my nearest non old firm professional club that will have fixtures is Hamilton. :wall:

The SPFL have not confirmed how many clubs registered their position, but it is believed less than 50% approval was reached in each category.

From the BBC website.  No doubt the actual votes per Division will leak out but if this is true then the proposal didn't even get 6 "for" votes from the Premiership or 5 from any other Division.  Assuming  Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer all voted "for" , make that 4. 

Isn't it reassuring to know that the SPFL CE is so well informed?  Nowhere near his sufficent support to call for a vote!

20 minutes ago, allyo said:

Still love Thistle but I'm increasingly questioning whether I really want to take any part in the absolute farce that is Scottish professional football.

The whole idea and attraction of football is that it is a fair competition. Scottish Professional football on the other hand is majorly geared towards two clubs, with every other club then outdoing each other to get the crumbs from their table. If the 40 other clubs stood together they could change this and get a bigger slice of the pie for all (OF would obviously have to give up a bit, but they have plenty). Its becoming a cartel 

11 minutes ago, The Legend Blows said:

Fair old chance we'll all be watching someone else when Thistle are wound up. Think my nearest non old firm professional club that will have fixtures is Hamilton. :wall:

All joking aside, but how would we truly survive with no real income for a season

What's the bigger picture here? 

I would be interesting to see all of the for and against votes and those individual clubs take on the situation.

Why is there a  big opposition to a minor league setup change.

It must purely be driven by finance. I'm wondering if some of these top league clubs are thinking long term.

Keep it a closed shop then when 15-20 clubs fold, whatever money is floating about doesn't have to be filtered down to so many diddy clubs.

28 minutes ago, allyo said:

Still love Thistle but I'm increasingly questioning whether I really want to take any part in the absolute farce that is Scottish professional football.

That's how I'm feeling too. The way this whole issue has been handled is utterly shambolic. Until there is top to bottom reform, I won't be back, and that includes listening to the pundits endlessly wittering on about the same few topics for days and days on Sportsound. We really deserve better than this from our supposed national game...