What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

29 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I'm rather surprised that the proposed championship 27 game appears to be acceptable. I wouldn't be the least surprised if some clubs already know that they'll be the ones getting 14 home games. 

Now that the current dozen Premiership clubs have successfully ring-fenced themselves, perhaps the delay to the start of the Championship until October (15 weeks away) allows the opportunity for the League 1 & 2 clubs that are ready to participate in 2020/21 to collectively demand to also start league fixtures in October.  If, as rumoured, many would prefer to mothball, that would have to be a viable Third Tier of at least 10 teams or an 'upgrade' into the Championship.

Great news!   

I'm no lawyer, but the arguments used in France and Belgium are equally valid here.   Add to that, the procedural shambles the SPFL was responsible for,  and there has to be a decent chance of getting a result .  

Start with Interim Interdict on the Championship fixtures and watch the reaction.

We won't make many friends, but we've learned that we don't have many anyway!

3 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

can we send Gus 57 back to the sixties 

Can I just ask? would you pay £20 to watch the Thistle womens team at Firhill(even for some reason they don't play there}. Would you go to a midweek winter away fixture  and pay £20 to  get in. If your answer is no, then why? Is it because the product is as I said. By the way I have long championed womens rights in the workplace and if womens football was as good as mens I would go to watch it. But from what I have seen it is more like primary school kids playing on a full size pitch. Apologies if I offend any PC  at all times persons

from kheredine bbc

The only surprise for me was @PartickThistle ‘s statement yesterday that they wouldn’t be going down the legal route. Fully expected them to somehow join forces with @JamTarts . Was told the approximate joint claim would be for compensation in the order of £6m (5m Hearts ; 1m PT)

3 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

can we send Gus 57 back to the sixties 

Not that I particularly share his views, but it would be great if we could all be sent back to the sixties.

We’d still have Denis McQuade, Dougie Somner, Oct ‘71, Tomasszevski and numerous successful Qualifying Campaigns to look forward to!

And some football At Firhill!

While it makes us all feel good that the club is showing a bit of fighting spirit, I do wonder if we will be better off in the longer term, given the damage it'll do to relationships with other clubs. They will get their own back one way or another...

5 minutes ago, fenski said:

While it makes us all feel good that the club is showing a bit of fighting spirit, I do wonder if we will be better off in the longer term, given the damage it'll do to relationships with other clubs. They will get their own back one way or another...

They've already shown that our behaviour, which has been exemplary, does not matter.

They will repeatedly stab us in the back and endanger the future of our club whenever it serves their immediate interest.

And right now there is no longer-term, they have put us in immediate danger of going out of business, court action is the only avenue to ensure survival.

Just now, gus 57 said:

Can I just ask? would you pay £20 to watch the Thistle womens team at Firhill(even for some reason they don't play there}. Would you go to a midweek winter away fixture  and pay £20 to  get in. If your answer is no, then why? Is it because the product is as I said. By the way I have long championed womens rights in the workplace and if womens football was as good as mens I would go to watch it. But from what I have seen it is more like primary school kids playing on a full size pitch. Apologies if I offend any PC  at all times persons

I've paid about that (via a season ticket) for the past three years to watch the men's team and the product has largely been unadulterated horsepish.

• Like 2