What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

1 hour ago, gus 57 said:

Can I just ask? would you pay £20 to watch the Thistle womens team at Firhill(even for some reason they don't play there}. Would you go to a midweek winter away fixture  and pay £20 to  get in. If your answer is no, then why? Is it because the product is as I said. By the way I have long championed womens rights in the workplace and if womens football was as good as mens I would go to watch it. But from what I have seen it is more like primary school kids playing on a full size pitch. Apologies if I offend any PC  at all times persons

You've asked a question so here's the response:

I have paid to see women's football (club and international) but it rarely costs twenty quid. Regular visitor to Glasgow City and their CL games in, shock horror, winter when the wind is howling and the sleet is horizontal. Would I pay to watch PTFC ladies team in any weather - absolutely. 

I also go watch juniors & amateurs, have played amateurs for the last 34 years (even turned out for Matts Third Lanark) and referee make and female schools football.

Good to see you championing a selected area  of women's rights in your workplace ... I'd be reassured to know that no woman I know works at your place. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Consensus of other clubs fans in P&B seems to be we’re jeopardising their future & may end up delaying start to season.

So good. 

So the shoe is on the other foot now and they don’t like it, well tough s**t maybe their chairmen should have thought about that.

If only they voted for reconstruction then no one would be worse off than they already are but now with the threat of a £6m compensation bill they are starting to panic. To be honest I think if we won and they had to pay out this sum then a few clubs could well be gone.

6 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

So the shoe is on the other foot now and they don’t like it, well tough s**t maybe their chairmen should have thought about that.

If only they voted for reconstruction then no one would be worse off than they already are but now with the threat of a £6m compensation bill they are starting to panic. To be honest I think if we won and they had to pay out this sum then a few clubs could well be gone.

Good. Eff them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I'm rather surprised that the proposed championship 27 game appears to be acceptable. I wouldn't be the least surprised if some clubs already know that they'll be the ones getting 14 home games. 

Can each league decide when to start and how many games to play every season ? What special dispensation have they been given for 1 season only ?

12 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

You've asked a question so here's the response:

I have paid to see women's football (club and international) but it rarely costs twenty quid. Regular visitor to Glasgow City and their CL games in, shock horror, winter when the wind is howling and the sleet is horizontal. Would I pay to watch PTFC ladies team in any weather - absolutely. 

I also go watch juniors & amateurs, have played amateurs for the last 34 years (even turned out for Matts Third Lanark) and referee make and female schools football.

Good to see you championing a selected area  of women's rights in your workplace ... I'd be reassured to know that no woman I know works at your place. 

Thanks for your reply.  The point I was trying to make was that womens football (and rugby and cricket} is vastly inferior to the mens versions. The £20 was based on the cost of going to Firhill to see the Thistle first team. Would you pay £20 to watch the womens team? I also go to amateur and junior games. The only womens football I have watched has been on T.V. and it is really poor quality. As for your last comment I really do not understand it.  I have a good working and social relationship with the women in my workplace and they also know my views on female athletes. I do not think that in certain sports that the female version is as entertaining as the male versions. As an aside you don,t get the mens Thistle team in the Viking after a game unlike the Ladies but it might be fun if we did 

42 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Would the remaining club's have to fund any balance remaining if some club's did go to the wall?

Plus any amount due from clubs should be split using exactly the same payout formulae used for distributing prize and TV monies.  Be great to get a huge whack of cash from the old firm and Aberdeen and to see a smaller impact on those in the other leagues.

Edited by sb1876

16 minutes ago, sb1876 said:

Would the remaining club's have to fund any balance remaining if some club's did go to the wall?

Plus any amount due from clubs should be split using exactly the same payout formulae used for distributing prize and TV monies.  Be great to get a huge whack of cash from the old firm and Aberdeen and to see a smaller impact on those in the other leagues.

We will be taking action against the SPFL, not the individual clubs, so no club will have to pay anything. The clubs are essentially shareholders in the SPFL so they would need to work out how to fund any compensation from future earnings, or liquidate the current SPFL and form a new body (in which case we may come out with just a moral victory)

23 minutes ago, sb1876 said:

A good number of the so called smaller clubs have voted against us. Big or small club, if you voted against the league reconstruction, we are coming for our pound of flesh from you.:fan:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

We will be taking action against the SPFL, not the individual clubs, so no club will have to pay anything. The clubs are essentially shareholders in the SPFL so they would need to work out how to fund any compensation from future earnings, or liquidate the current SPFL and form a new body (in which case we may come out with just a moral victory)

Do we get 3 points for a moral victory. That would put us above QOS.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Do we get 3 points for a moral victory. That would put us above QOS.

Liquidate the SPFL would have consequences as the sponsorship and tv contracts are with the SPFL. If they go then the so called lucrative contracts get ripped up and negotiation need to be restarted with the new body

5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Liquidate the SPFL would have consequences as the sponsorship and tv contracts are with the SPFL. If they go then the so called lucrative contracts get ripped up and negotiation need to be restarted with the new body

The leagues do not have any sponsor.

27 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Some fans of likes of Dundee, Ayr and St. Johnstone in meltdown on P and B on the Thistle thread. Delicious. 

I'll take your word for it as it's so rancid with the smell of teenage angst in there I can only stay for a moment or two! :crazy:

Here is a situation.

A street has 10 houses. Each household has a tax bill. Rather than each household paying their tax bill, they nominate a single household to pay taxes for all of them. The single household objects of course.

So the street holds a vote. 9 out of 10 households vote that the single household should cover all their bills. Only the single household votes no.

The street declares that by an overwhelming majority it has been decided that the single household should pay all their bills.

The single household suggests that this is unfair. The others insist that it must be fair, because it has been democratically determined.

• Like 1

Brechin, to be fair, were not in a relegation position. They were in a play off position, same as Hamilton and QoS.

Not that I like to defend them; given that the chairman is on the SPFL board, but that's the fact.

Anyway, it's hard to argue that they should have been while we're all in agreement that relegation after an incomplete season is dodgy 

38 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Can someone remind me please, why were Brechin not relegated? 170 pages is too much to scroll through :thumbsup2: 

As I understand it (thank goodness for Sportsound on Saturdays)...

The SFA run the pyramid play-off.  The SPFL declined to put Brechin forward to play the winner of the Kelty-Brora matches because - wait for it, without a trace of irony - their rules don't permit them to do so if the season hasn't been completed.  Brechin had already been told that if they lost out in the play-off they would be "relegated" to the Lowland League - despite being situated in the Highland League's catchment area. I'm sure I recall someone from the Highland league saying that it had been "suggested" that H &L League clubs' continuing participation in the Challenge cup might have to be "reviewed" if they didn't agree to Brechin's request. I'm sure the Brechin City Chairman's membership of the SPFL Board is purely co-incidental.

Open to any correction but that's my understanding JAG1970.

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

Some fans of likes of Dundee, Ayr and St. Johnstone in meltdown on P and B on the Thistle thread. Delicious. 

Yep the Dundee fans saying we and Hearts have behaved far worse than their chairman has during this whole fiasco in particular is an absolute classic.

Dundees two faced behaviour could have potentially caused the death of us let’s not forget that, likewise the Ayr fans who have been in hysterics for weeks at our plight because  we happened to take mccall and Docherty of them. I will take great delight in our club getting compensation off them

3 hours ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Consensus of other clubs fans in P&B seems to be we’re jeopardising their future & may end up delaying start to season.

So good. 

Good, that's exactly what I want the legal action to do and exactly the message I want them to get.

They've got their knee on our neck, we grab them by the baws.

5 hours ago, fenski said:

While it makes us all feel good that the club is showing a bit of fighting spirit, I do wonder if we will be better off in the longer term, given the damage it'll do to relationships with other clubs. They will get their own back one way or another...

So what?

51 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

As I understand it (thank goodness for Sportsound on Saturdays)...

The SFA run the pyramid play-off.  The SPFL declined to put Brechin forward to play the winner of the Kelty-Brora matches because - wait for it, without a trace of irony - their rules don't permit them to do so if the season hasn't been completed.  Brechin had already been told that if they lost out in the play-off they would be "relegated" to the Lowland League - despite being situated in the Highland League's catchment area. I'm sure I recall someone from the Highland league saying that it had been "suggested" that H &L League clubs' continuing participation in the Challenge cup might have to be "reviewed" if they didn't agree to Brechin's request. I'm sure the Brechin City Chairman's membership of the SPFL Board is purely co-incidental.

Open to any correction but that's my understanding JAG1970.

Spot on afk. Like yourself i have listened to sportsound  every Saturday and Sunday since the shutdown. Also like to add Neil McCann has constantly stood up for Thistle since the whole relegation travesty started. If only he would stop calling us Partick.