What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

3 hours ago, gus 57 said:

Thanks for your reply.  The point I was trying to make was that womens football (and rugby and cricket} is vastly inferior to the mens versions. The £20 was based on the cost of going to Firhill to see the Thistle first team. Would you pay £20 to watch the womens team? I also go to amateur and junior games. The only womens football I have watched has been on T.V. and it is really poor quality. As for your last comment I really do not understand it.  I have a good working and social relationship with the women in my workplace and they also know my views on female athletes. I do not think that in certain sports that the female version is as entertaining as the male versions. As an aside you don,t get the mens Thistle team in the Viking after a game unlike the Ladies but it might be fun if we did 

When I made the suggestion about watching the ladies team I never said anything about paying £20.  My point was just to find a way to keep things ticking over financially for the whole club.  The real question is would you go and see the Ladies team if it helped save the club.  It was never about perceived quality of the product on show. But I am sure I would still enjoy the lassies winning as Jags.

17 minutes ago, policemans whistle said:

According to reports The Ross County Chairman,  has said' Hearts just to take their medicine. He also must mean Thistle. This person is a member of the SPFL committee involved in the voting procedure. Time to take him down.

It's not medicine, it's poison.

11 hours ago, policemans whistle said:

According to reports The Ross County Chairman,  has said' Hearts just to take their medicine. He also must mean Thistle. This person is a member of the SPFL committee involved in the voting procedure. Time to take him down.

wonder if he'd be happy to take the same medicine if it was his club - they were in free fall after all and potentially may have been properly relegated if the season concluded - or being an SPFL blazer would use his position like the Brechin bloke to get his own way 

Edited by gianlucatoni

On 6/16/2020 at 8:59 PM, Auld Jag said:

Spot on afk. Like yourself i have listened to sportsound  every Saturday and Sunday since the shutdown. Also like to add Neil McCann has constantly stood up for Thistle since the whole relegation travesty started. If only he would stop calling us Partick.

He can call us any name he wants as far as I am concerned as long as he keeps challenging the unfairness and injustice of our relegation and the deceitfullness and incompetence of the SPFL. 

Happy with Partick, Thistle, Jags, Harry Wraggs and especially the Maryhill Magyars!! 

To digress a wee bit. According to what I have read, in addition to Hearts, 'Padtick' & Stranraer, Peterhead & Hamilton supported 14/10/10/10! That's 5/16!

Can anyone add to the above? 

I am just thinking it would be good to identify our friends! 

7 minutes ago, elevenone said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-doncaster-handed-major-uefa-22212784

Yep seems to be true.  Beginning to think he has incriminating polaroids of people in high places.

Did you happen to see who is representing the English FA. The one and only Bobby Barnes.

League 1 and league 2 clubs, have been asked by the SPFL to indicate when they will be able to start playing. Or will they not be able to play at all next season. A meeting of all clubs in these leagues is planned for this Monday, and all clubs must reply by 26th June.

45 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

League 1 and league 2 clubs, have been asked by the SPFL to indicate when they will be able to start playing. Or will they not be able to play at all next season. A meeting of all clubs in these leagues is planned for this Monday, and all clubs must reply by 26th June.

Should be interesting to hear the outcome of this meeting.  Can’t play don’t pay.

4 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

would not put it past them to say for example 4 from L1 who can play & 4 in L2 - that's a new league (the covid mothball league) so lump us together and get on with it - it's in the articles somewhere 

Eighteen team championship, 36 games , restart in September (10 weeks away) -Thistle problem solved.

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Have you a source for this AJ?

Interesting to see what will happen if the dates clubs give are all over the place.  How long will they give them?  

Also interested to see if clubs who go into mothballs will bid/be allowed to bid for the Anderson money.

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

This is all hypothetical. So if 5 from current league 1 say they can - Thistle, Falkirk and say for arguments sake Cove, Peterhead and Montrose along with 5 from league 2 - Queens Park and say Elgin, Edinburgh, Annan and Stenny giving a very convenient league of 10 and we play for 20/21 with Thistle top, Queens Park 2nd etc Cove 9th, Montrose 10th. So in any normal world(?) Thistle  go up, Queens Park in play-off final after 3rd/4th teams dealt with, Montrose go down and Cove get a play off shot. Potential for Queens, a league 2 club to play in Championship after 1 season and Cove play......who? Do the 5 in league 1 who can't/won't play all automatically then play in league 2 when they do start again. Or is 20/21 just a pretend league and all back to square 1 for 21/22. What a mess.