What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

3 hours ago, elevenone said:

could be an extra 12k in the coffers which is good news.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/season-ticket-2019-20-donations/

Sounds a fantastic route which presumably all clubs can benefit from if they have offered a refund on season tickets. 

I remain comforted in thistle and others taking action given there is not a single club out there that would not have been aggrieved if they had been in a similar position.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I personally agree, but others might say harsh on the well run clubs if they don't

Aye but it's likely prudently run clubs will find themselves in administration as well. If Wigan are punished that'll mean all subsequent administrations will be dealt with a similar points penalty. No easy answer.

Just as an aside I wonder if the SPFL are down-scaling the administration points penalty in proportion to the reduced number of fixtures a club will be playing. My guess is it hasn't even occurred to them.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I am not certain of my ground here, memory not as good as it used to be, but I recall that when it was anounced the Championship were considering a 27 game season M Gregor (Ross County) declared he was appalled by this idea! 

His inference being there should be no promotion to or relegation from the SPL!! 

I would assume if this is a popular idea with the SPFL then the same will apply to other Leagues! I wouldn't fancy the SPFL's chances of getting this through a vote! 

So why not give the SPFL Board executive powers so that  formal voting is not required! 

14 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I am not certain of my ground here, memory not as good as it used to be, but I recall that when it was anounced the Championship were considering a 27 game season M Gregor (Ross County) declared he was appalled by this idea! 

His inference being there should be no promotion to or relegation from the SPL!! 

I would assume if this is a popular idea with the SPFL then the same will apply to other Leagues! I wouldn't fancy the SPFL's chances of getting this through a vote! 

So why not give the SPFL Board executive powers so that  formal voting is not required! 

Would you really trust Doncaster and Co to administer the right decisions giving them executive powers !

They can’t even a conduct a vote properly.

On 7/1/2020 at 1:54 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Just as an aside I wonder if the SPFL are down-scaling the administration points penalty in proportion to the reduced number of fixtures a club will be playing. My guess is it hasn't even occurred to them.

Absolutely spot on

7 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Very interesting article regarding Norway’s take on COVID after backdating all the data.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/norway-health-chief-lockdown-was-not-needed-to-tame-covid

I think the most telling part is the quote at the end.

"It is time to restore liberty and move to a voluntary system: to ask for continued caution but ask people to use common sense. The country is ready to be trusted. The question is whether the Prime Minister feels ready to trust us.!"

This may be OK for the Norwegian population but I'm not so sure it pertains to the Great British public!

6 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Very interesting article regarding Norway’s take on COVID after backdating all the data.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/norway-health-chief-lockdown-was-not-needed-to-tame-covid

This may well turn out to be the case. However, I wonder whether we would have voluntarily social distanced or wear masks if we hadn’t had the shutdown - even for a short period. 

Where I live, we have been urged to wear masks for several weeks, but I would say less than 1/3 of people wear masks in shops.

18 minutes ago, scotty said:

"It is time to restore liberty and move to a voluntary system: to ask for continued caution but ask people to use common sense. The country is ready to be trusted. The question is whether the Prime Minister feels ready to trust us.!"

This may be OK for the Norwegian population but I'm not so sure it pertains to the Great British public!

That last statement shows why comparing an independent Scotland to Norway isn’t a reasoned argument. Sadly Cultural wise they are at different spectrums.

We were asked to distance, and we did.

UK (and Scotland) had to have draconian measures enforced by the police, yet were still broken. Kelvingrove park and Botanical Gardens being 2 examples.

The day we announced bars were closing, people stayed away. The day UK announced the same the bars were mobbed with people try to get one last night out.

The 2 countries are similar in size, only 540 miles apart (Same distance as Aberdeen to London) yet miles apart culturally wise.

51 minutes ago, scotty said:

scene from newcastle:- 

pissed geordie girls.jpg

30 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

That last statement shows why comparing an independent Scotland to Norway isn’t a reasoned argument. Sadly Cultural wise they are at different spectrums.

UK (and Scotland) had to have draconian measures enforced by the police, yet were still broken. Kelvingrove park and Botanical Gardens being 2 examples.

The day we announced bars were closing, people stayed away. The day UK announced the same the bars were mobbed with people try to get one last night out.

The 2 countries are similar in size, only 540 miles apart (Same distance as Aberdeen to London) yet miles apart culturally wise.

Don't forget that the british Prime Minister is not to be trusted; he's a serial liar, and he, his father, his chief scientific advisor, and his royal highness are all amongst those of that ilk who believed that lockdown rules apply not to them but only to the "ordinary" folk (whom they early on decided would be sacrificed in their tens of thousands).

As you say, culturally very distant.

1 minute ago, Jaggernaut said:

Don't forget that the british Prime Minister is not to be trusted; he's a serial liar, and he, his father, his chief scientific advisor, and his royal highness are all amongst those of that ilk who believed that lockdown rules apply not to them but only to the "ordinary" folk (whom they early on decided would be sacrificed in their tens of thousands).

As you say, culturally very distant.

As did Scotland’s chief medical officer

57 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Maybe we should compare current Scotland to a pre-independent Norway?