What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

Care home deatgs, lack of PPE, shutdown timing, stopping other healthcare, schooling were all from Holyrood.  If you compare Scotland deaths with similar size countries Ireland, Denmark, Norway I wouldn't be patting ourselves on the back.  It will be years before we can guage the impact of this on our physical and mental health and economy.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Care home deatgs, lack of PPE, shutdown timing, stopping other healthcare, schooling were all from Holyrood.  If you compare Scotland deaths with similar size countries Ireland, Denmark, Norway I wouldn't be patting ourselves on the back.  It will be years before we can guage the impact of this on our physical and mental health and economy.

Care home deaths a global phenomenon 

ppe not as severe shortage as England and opened up own supply lines and created Scottish based production

stopping other healthcare happens everywhere 

schooling ....don’t get your point schools due back next month 

the key point is that as soon as we set up our own expert group and diverged from Westminster things have improved so that now we have an infection rate 10% of England 

ABE8C61D-C6B8-4F19-8CD2-76FC29B24B7A.png

11 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Also today the use of interferon beta in an inhaled form can reduce the severity of the symptoms.  I remember a New Scientist article from the late 1970s, when interferons were seen as a magic bullet for cancer.  (From memory, there are about a dozen different variations of interferon.)  That didn't really take off, but the protein family have been used ever since.

I do have to say that interferon is a cytokene, and a cytokene overload was what caused breathing problems in patients, so I wonder if it would be suitable for some, but not all patients.  Good progress, though.

18 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Care home deaths a global phenomenon 

ppe not as severe shortage as England and opened up own supply lines and created Scottish based production

stopping other healthcare happens everywhere 

schooling ....don’t get your point schools due back next month 

the key point is that as soon as we set up our own expert group and diverged from Westminster things have improved so that now we have an infection rate 10% of England 

ABE8C61D-C6B8-4F19-8CD2-76FC29B24B7A.png

Don’t over congratulate the Scottish Govt. While their messaging has been clearer than Westminster, and recent caution over easing restrictions has been wise, mistakes have been made. 

Dismissing care home deaths as a global issue fails to acknowledge that we didn’t protect them and discharged patients from hospitals into care without testing them. Appalling. 

The legacy of putting cancer and other testing on hold is still to be quantified; there will be more deaths that could have been avoided. 

We don’t compare well with the likes of New Zealand; now THAT was leadership by Jacinda Arden.

30 minutes ago, javeajag said:

So far, so good. Now they just have to  find out whether it actually works. Thanks for thinking about me x

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, sandy said:

Don’t over congratulate the Scottish Govt. While their messaging has been clearer than Westminster, and recent caution over easing restrictions has been wise, mistakes have been made. 

Dismissing care home deaths as a global issue fails to acknowledge that we didn’t protect them and discharged patients from hospitals into care without testing them. Appalling. 

The legacy of putting cancer and other testing on hold is still to be quantified; there will be more deaths that could have been avoided. 

We don’t compare well with the likes of New Zealand; now THAT was leadership by Jacinda Arden.

Not wishing to detract from what NZ have achieved - she is doing a great job - but helped by being a geographically isolated, sovereign nation with non-porous borders.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Not wishing to detract from what NZ have achieved - she is doing a great job - but helped by being a geographically isolated, sovereign nation with non-porous borders.

I wish the Jags had an equally non-porous defence ;) 

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

Correct......Vietnam is a better example 

And your broad brush statements on care home deaths - and suspended NHS services like cancer testing? 

I don’t think you really know much about health & social care...

20 hours ago, javeajag said:

Correct......Vietnam is a better example 

Vietnam is a very interesting case, the case count is low in both infections and deaths, and the thought is that people in that region of the world some sort of immunity to C-19 simply due to having been infected with similar 'coronavirus's' [SARS and the like]

https://www.ft.com/content/5cf2ee49-df7a-4990-b337-860cf7737b2f

1 hour ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Vietnam is a very interesting case, the case count is low in both infections and deaths, and the thought is that people in that region of the world some sort of immunity to C-19 simply due to having been infected with similar 'coronavirus's' [SARS and the like]

https://www.ft.com/content/5cf2ee49-df7a-4990-b337-860cf7737b2f

Having been there earlier this year ... they took it seriously from the start 

44 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

They weren't showing much inclination to prepare for it when I was there.

Strange .... they locked down an area near us that had a few cases .... every plane , ferry trip you got temperature checked , stopped Chinese tourists there biggest market segment .... and so far no deaths 

19 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Strange .... they locked down an area near us that had a few cases .... every plane , ferry trip you got temperature checked , stopped Chinese tourists there biggest market segment .... and so far no deaths 

Well, it was 1998 when I was there :)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, sandy said:

Well it’s all speculation - and that can be bollocks.

To begin with javeajag speculated that the spfl would delay until next week before even starting as a tactic. He was wrong. He then speculated they would drag it out to have the same effect.  He was wrong. He then speculated the spfl would settle rather than go to arbitration.  Guess what?  Wrong. His next speculation was that this would take until Friday. And it looks like that was wrong according to his new most trusted source.  He does all this whilst chastising anyone else on the forum for speculating.  The real world is probably a more informed place to live than twitterland. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1