What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

19 hours ago, elevenone said:

sounds like he's broken his contract and Charlton should stop paying him - reason given by him is laughable 

On 5/30/2020 at 7:36 AM, javeajag said:

I don’t know who are criticising the Scottish govt ? All the opinion polls tell you the public are behind her.....in fact a U.K. wide poll yesterday had 44% saying she handled the virus the best ....the idiot was on 19%

Newspaper polls (can't recall which newspapers - possibly Telegraph or Times according to my dear wife - showed 71% & 80% thought Nicola Sturgeon was handling the pandemic well! Another poll, I think by a polling organisation had her approval rating at 84%. Boris Johnston was in the 40-50% range by comparison. 

To cap it all the Tory Secretary of State for Scotland, Alister Jack, paid her a compliment by saying "she is making all the right decisions for the particular circumstances applicable to Scotland" 

from kheredine .....

If what I’m hearing is correct , I can understand why

CE Neil Doncaster describes the James Anderson consortium money as “extremely generous” and “could make a significant difference” to the Scottish game. Am told the donation is well over £4m...

47 minutes ago, javeajag said:

from kheredine .....

If what I’m hearing is correct , I can understand why

CE Neil Doncaster describes the James Anderson consortium money as “extremely generous” and “could make a significant difference” to the Scottish game. Am told the donation is well over £4m...

good news if distributed fairly

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

Probably in average 100,000 a club = £4,2m.....then maybe adjusted per league 

My understanding from Ann Budge's comments on Sportsound, and subsequent quotes in the media, is that the donation is for the lower league clubs to assist with completing a fixture list next season!

Doncaster gets involved and it is now to be a fair distribution of funds for all 42 clubs?

Should be split between 30 clubs IMO, the top league have persistently voted down any resolution to ensure that no clubs will be unfairly affected by the current situation.

3 minutes ago, thru thin and thin said:

My understanding from Ann Budge's comments on Sportsound, and subsequent quotes in the media, is that the donation is for the lower league clubs to assist with completing a fixture list next season!

Doncaster gets involved and it is now to be a fair distribution of funds for all 42 clubs?

Should be split between 30 clubs IMO, the top league have persistently voted down any resolution to ensure that no clubs will be unfairly affected by the current situation.

Haven’t seen anything on distribution but yes it was aimed at those clubs who could not afford to play behind close doors..the amount being mentioned is £4.75m

11 minutes ago, thru thin and thin said:

Agree. When money and the premier league is involved, their will be no fair distribution of funds. Now saying premier league games that are not live on sky can be streamed, so premier league teams can get income from streaming. Not sure how many of the teams below the premier will be able to do this. 

17 minutes ago, policemans whistle said:

Doncaster has always been in favour of putting the premier clubs first. His idea is to put money at the top of a hill and the first one up gets it. Once asked him about distribution of funds and in so many words, that was his answer.

And of course this philosophy is nonsense! 

Money as Anne Budge stated should go to lower league clubs and not on a divisional basis but on a need basis.  Where is the point in giving money to Celtic who have millions in the bank. Even St Johnstone who have been hoarding money and as the previous financial analysis completed on this form showed have more than enough to get by!  A donation of £100k + to theses clubs will mean nothing but could make a big difference to 2/3 League 2 Clubs! Also Partick and Falkirk I am sure could justify a bigger donation than say Clyde or Peterhead. 

I wouldn't trust the SPFL with this money as they will split it according to their current distribution model 84% to the SPL 16% to Championship, League 1 & 2.

SPL Clubs  should be excluded from automatic distribution of this money and invited to apply on an individual basis for support by making a case for a donation. 

It was rumoured that some clubs in the league [including championship] would rather go into hibernation, which would probably have saved Hearts  from relegation. Then AB introduces James Anderson, to help clubs start playing again which would reduce Hearts chances of staying in the premiership.

Also if this money is available, why are the lower leagues starting in October?  And the premiership in August Could this cost lower league clubs including ourselves, some fans. I.E Fans going to watch some premier games and just get the habit of premiership football.

Slightly off topic, if you fancy buying a few shares, go to Baillie Gifford and follow Mr Andersons advice! He's brilliant.