Jump to content

West Ender

What if they shut down the season?

Recommended Posts

Evidently latest talk is about the Championship being decided on 27 games. Can only assume Leagues One and Two  won't be over any more matches either.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearts and Rangers suggestions didn't pass today apparently. 

Clubs have been offered a 14-10-10-10 league set up which would be permanent. Monday for a decision. 

This should get the support of many of the lower league teams as there is really no material change and will actually mean promotion for a couple of teams. 

Will hinge on the Premier League teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, redandyellowallover said:

Hearts and Rangers suggestions didn't pass today apparently. 

Clubs have been offered a 14-10-10-10 league set up which would be permanent. Monday for a decision. 

This should get the support of many of the lower league teams as there is really no material change and will actually mean promotion for a couple of teams. 

Will hinge on the Premier League teams. 

Sounds good to me.

Maybe get the chance to use my first ever season ticket v Dundee.

How I'd look forward to that game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, redandyellowallover said:

Hearts and Rangers suggestions didn't pass today apparently. 

Clubs have been offered a 14-10-10-10 league set up which would be permanent. Monday for a decision. 

This should get the support of many of the lower league teams as there is really no material change and will actually mean promotion for a couple of teams. 

Will hinge on the Premier League teams. 

I still won't hold my breath - SPFL is a joke, even if this goes through the whole thing is a shambles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I still won't hold my breath - SPFL is a joke, even if this goes through the whole thing is a shambles

The championship teams will vote against it as they are determined that Hearts and us are relegated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

The championship teams will vote against it as they are determined that Hearts and us are relegated 

If any clubs vote against this, then it will almost certainly be for those sorts of reasons. Certain clubs just seem determined to obstruct at every stage. 

Can only hope that some sort of common sense and decency take hold. 

Would hope that the championship clubs would trade off Hearts to have us and Falkirk in the league but who knows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redandyellowallover said:

Hearts and Rangers suggestions didn't pass today apparently. 

Clubs have been offered a 14-10-10-10 league set up which would be permanent. Monday for a decision. 

This should get the support of many of the lower league teams as there is really no material change and will actually mean promotion for a couple of teams. 

Will hinge on the Premier League teams. 

What is the voting requirements this time?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Emsca said:

What is the voting requirements this time?

 

Presumably it will be the same as the last time we got shafted. Nobody will do us any favours - everyone’s out for themselves. That’s why I say f**k em and hope they go bust.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure that reconstruction will not happen as every variation on the theme has fallen by the wayside. Why should this similar attempt succeed when all others have failed?

But just assume for a moment that to my surprise this initiative succeeds and we are reinstated to the Championship. Where does the club stand vis a vis Fox  & Zanatta? Does no relegation mean that a relegation release clause cannot have been validly triggered?  Do we have to take them back (if they want to come back)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

I am sure that reconstruction will not happen as every variation on the theme has fallen by the wayside. Why should this similar attempt succeed when all others have failed?

But just assume for a moment that to my surprise this initiative succeeds and we are reinstated to the Championship. Where does the club stand vis a vis Fox  & Zanatta? Does no relegation mean that a relegation release clause cannot have been validly triggered?  Do we have to take them back (if they want to come back)? 

Sincerely hope not!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Emsca said:

What is the voting requirements this time?

 

17 of the 22 clubs in the Premiership and Championship would need to vote in favour for the plans to pass, and 32 from all four divisions combined.

Is what the BBC are saying. 

Its not unimaginable that these kinds of numbers could be achieved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they are serious that no team should suffer because of this crisis, this should go through. Every team who has won a championship will get promoted as required, runners up get promoted as well and no team gets unfairly expelled/relegated. We will see.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jaf said:

I completely agree with this. However, we were told it was being given without condition/restriction. In which case are these the conditions of distribution that the spfl have imposed. Or was that not in fact the case.  

Or maybe he came up with an idea then changed his mind when the facts of the situation were presented. Can't say I've ever done that myself. Never happened to me.

Fact is that if he wasn't happy with the way the money was distributed, then he wouldn't have handed it over. It is a very generous gesture and Anderson should be thanked, not vilified because some of the money is going to people we don't like. Besides, if clubs are spending money on recruiting players, they can't then say that they need a grant to pay for virus testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

If they are serious that no team should suffer because of this crisis, this should go through. Every team who has won a championship will get promoted as required, runners up get promoted as well and no team gets unfairly expelled/relegated. We will see.

What gave you that idea. They never have been interested that no team should suffer, just that their team doesn't suffer. That is all that matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the SPFL, content to let Hearts beat the reconstruction drum, has suddenly woken up and decided to provide some leadership.  Pity this didn't happen from the start and we could have avoided all the bad feeling, acrimony and the evolving shambles that has followed. Without all the above negativity this idea could have had a chance but now I think it looks very doubtful

This proposal will test the sincerity of a number of clubs who said they were in favour of reconstruction but who so far have not supported proposed plans. 

Lower leahue clubs could support this plan,  the only championship club whom I think will vote no (should the plan get that far will be Ayr - chairman on record saying it would be unfair to promote ICT and not Ayr!  Possibly also Dunfermline and Raith - losing a game v Hearts.  

Don't see why other 'reasonable' championship clubs would vote against the plan as it doesn't harm their interests in any material way. 

Think it will all come down to Ross County, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Hibs, and Dundee Utd! 

It would be an early Christmas present to still be in the Championship next season  but as others have said - don't hold your breath! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, redandyellowallover said:

17 of the 22 clubs in the Premiership and Championship would need to vote in favour for the plans to pass, and 32 from all four divisions combined.

Is what the BBC are saying. 

Its not unimaginable that these kinds of numbers could be achieved. 

You really need to wonder where they get these numbers from.

Why 77% rather than a simple majority and why if it is 77% for this why is it 92% for Premiership decisiions?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

So the SPFL, content to let Hearts beat the reconstruction drum, has suddenly woken up and decided to provide some leadership.  Pity this didn't happen from the start and we could have avoided all the bad feeling, acrimony and the evolving shambles that has followed. Without all the above negativity this idea could have had a chance but now I think it looks very doubtful

This proposal will test the sincerity of a number of clubs who said they were in favour of reconstruction but who so far have not supported proposed plans. 

Lower leahue clubs could support this plan,  the only championship club whom I think will vote no (should the plan get that far will be Ayr - chairman on record saying it would be unfair to promote ICT and not Ayr!  Possibly also Dunfermline and Raith - losing a game v Hearts.  

Don't see why other 'reasonable' championship clubs would vote against the plan as it doesn't harm their interests in any material way. 

Think it will all come down to Ross County, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Hibs, and Dundee Utd! 

It would be an early Christmas present to still be in the Championship next season  but as others have said - don't hold your breath! 

Dundee will vote both ways. But in what order?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14-10-10-10 (or 13-10-10-10) should have been on the table long ago. Probably before the original vote to end the seaaon.

A lot of clubs have claimed that this isn't about self interest. This is actually their first opportunity to prove that.

If this fails then these claims can be put to bed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, allyo said:

14-10-10-10 (or 13-10-10-10) should have been on the table long ago. Probably before the original vote to end the seaaon.

A lot of clubs have claimed that this isn't about self interest. This is actually their first opportunity to prove that.

If this fails then these claims can be put to bed.

This...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s more to this. If Hearts go down they will almost certainly take legal action. This, in all likelihood, will delay the start of the league season (August 1st) and if successful (other countries have suggested they would have a chance) then they could be due a fortune in compensation. This compo would have to come from the other SPFL clubs. At this point we would likely seek compo as would possibly Stranraer. 
 

Clubs may see reconstruction as the only way to get clarity going forward and avoid this potential financial outlay.

Any lower league clubs who vote against this (I can see Forfar being one) have absolutely no interest in sporting fairness and integrity and are only interested in their bank balance (bigger away crowds form ourselves and Falkirk)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve actually come to the point where I dont care about the SPFL or their numerous reconstruction plans; we should never have been bottom of the Championship when the music stopped.

Lets go down to Tier 3 and rise again; C’mon the Jags

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I take it that it's purely coincidental that the day after the Anderson fella donated £3m to Scottish football clubs that the SPFL are now actively touting this 14-10-10-10 arrangement. It's generally understood Mr Anderson has regularly helped bail out Hearts in recent years. Perhaps he is also willing to underwrite any legal action Hearts were to take? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×