Jump to content

West Ender

What if they shut down the season?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, exiledjag said:

This is encouraging but will believe it when it is confirmed. I had assumed the purpose of the two stage approach, informal feedback then formal vote, was to allow Doncaster the opportunity to enter into his 'Dundee' mode with the clubs indicating they would vote No! 

 

I am not a lawyer but if Hearts raise and win a legal action I suspect we and Stranraer would be considered as included as members of the SPFL and as such have to contribute to any compensation award made to Hearts. 

I don't think we can wait to see what happens and then decide what to do! 

This is one of the reasons I have advocated from the very start of this shambles that we must act with Hearts in a collective action. If for some reason this is not possible then we must act individually and as near as damn it at the same time as Hearts so that we differentiate ourselves from the rest of the SPFL members! 

In short if Hearts take legal action I think The Jags and Stranraer are left with no option  but do do likewise. 

I'm not disagreeing with you in any way, but (and I am also not a lawyer) If Hearts win, we would have a cast iron case for a follow-up legal action and I bet it wouldn't even get to court. I do think that any legal action would be best if all 3 clubs acted together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

There are not too many teams, just not enough fans.

Not enough fans for what? :D Too many teams is really a bit of a straw man. The trouble (certainly for clubs like Thistle) lies in the way resources are divided. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be very surprised if Ms Low was not in constant discussion with Hearts and Stranraer and that any legal bid would include all three teams. Most likely with Hearts footing the bill as they would be due the largest share of any pay out. I also hope Ms Low has been speaking to chairperson's at all other clubs to try and get support although this now seems a pointless exercise. 

 

If indeed reconstruction fails because a few select teams then I hope they go down the tubes. Out of all this I thought there was a real chance of change in scottish football for the better but seems the simple minded chairmen at some clubs are only interested in themselves and not the greater good.

I really hope now Hearts/Thistle/Stranraer go to court and take this £6m figure being talked about. This would equate to £142k that each club would have to pay out. This sadly would probably be the end of several lower league clubs if they had to pay out this figure and I can see the Powers at be saying that the top clubs will have to pay more that league 1 & 2 teams. If this does come to pass it will be a bit ironic that the vote that happen all those months ago to end the leagues and get the clubs paid is the very vote that could doom several of them. To be honest I dont think it will ever get to this stage but you never know.

The big question still looms regarding if the League 1 & 2 season will even go ahead. How does a vote like this work and what if a handful of teams want to play (Us, Falkirk, maybe Queens Park). It defiantly  looks like we are going to get screwed over twice in this debacle.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I would be very surprised if Ms Low was not in constant discussion with Hearts and Stranraer and that any legal bid would include all three teams. Most likely with Hearts footing the bill as they would be due the largest share of any pay out. I also hope Ms Low has been speaking to chairperson's at all other clubs to try and get support although this now seems a pointless exercise. 

 

If indeed reconstruction fails because a few select teams then I hope they go down the tubes. Out of all this I thought there was a real chance of change in scottish football for the better but seems the simple minded chairmen at some clubs are only interested in themselves and not the greater good.

I really hope now Hearts/Thistle/Stranraer go to court and take this £6m figure being talked about. This would equate to £142k that each club would have to pay out. This sadly would probably be the end of several lower league clubs if they had to pay out this figure and I can see the Powers at be saying that the top clubs will have to pay more that league 1 & 2 teams. If this does come to pass it will be a bit ironic that the vote that happen all those months ago to end the leagues and get the clubs paid is the very vote that could doom several of them. To be honest I dont think it will ever get to this stage but you never know.

The big question still looms regarding if the League 1 & 2 season will even go ahead. How does a vote like this work and what if a handful of teams want to play (Us, Falkirk, maybe Queens Park). It defiantly  looks like we are going to get screwed over twice in this debacle.

 

It has failed, at least 3 Premiership teams scuppering it as expected according to the Retard.

BTW, I make that 3 screwings we've had in recent weeks; the original corrupt season-end vote, first recon vote now this one.

Has to be legal action now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, McKennan said:

Too many teams is really a bit of a straw man. The trouble (certainly for clubs like Thistle) lies in the way resources are divided. 

Very true.

Personally I like the idea of a proper pyramid system. It must be good for football that a club no matter how lowly can aspire to playing at a higher level. One problem, or certainly one major decision to be made, is regarding voting.  What's to be the voting structure and where do you draw the line re entitlement?  Why should voting rights stop at Brechin when there's maybe more ambitious clubs in the tiers below them without a say? Then again should say Wick Academy have an equal vote with PTFC? And if not why should PTFC have the same voting power as clubs in the top tier? I honestly don't think these problems are in any way near insurmountable.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any voting system is better than the Old Firm Veto system operating now.

 

 

Edited by eljaggo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Breaking ; @spfl reconstruction fails , with only 16 clubs backing it from the 42 ...

I’d re-consider your friends....they gave you a well dodgy tip-off there!

Edited by sandy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I genuinely haven't been following the ins and outs of all this to closely but have a rough understanding.

I presume now with the cost of testing and having to play behind closed doors that most if not all of the league 1 and league 2 clubs will likely fold?

I see the Championship have agreed an amended season  start but from what I understand this will be a lot harder, if not impossible in L1 &L2.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Legend Blows said:

I genuinely haven't been following the ins and outs of all this to closely but have a rough understanding.

I presume now with the cost of testing and having to play behind closed doors that most if not all of the league 1 and league 2 clubs will likely fold?

I see the Championship have agreed an amended season  start but from what I understand this will be a lot harder, if not impossible in L1 &L2.

 

 

So despite being willing to play, we may be shafted again by having no opposition? Utter farce. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, delurker said:

It has failed, at least 3 Premiership teams scuppering it as expected according to the Retard.

BTW, I make that 3 screwings we've had in recent weeks; the original corrupt season-end vote, first recon vote now this one.

Has to be legal action now.

I don't see legal action holding much chance of success for Thistle and instead exposes us to potential crippling loses. You can argue about the rights and wrongs of how the SPFL conducted themselves but what legal ground are we going to challenge on? If there were any found in how the vote was conducted the SPFL would either rerun the vote and get the same result or change the rules, rerun the vote and get  the same result. We might get if we win but if we're not due to kick off until 27th October at best, what are our loses that we are due compensation for?

Hearts have a stronger case than us as their relegation means they will definetly not be playing league football until 27th October and it could have be argued that they have lost the ability to trade due to the vote of the other clubs and are therefore due substantial compensation.

The only way open for us to protest this is via boycotting away games and putting our away money into the club. Looking after the club's interests is not just something that is only done by the board of the club. We as fans have the ability to do something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

Any voting system is better than the Old Firm Veto system operating now.

 

 

Bang on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"However, the resolution would need the backing of 32 clubs - with 17 from the top two tiers combined and 11 from the top flight - to pass.

It had been understood an outcome just short of that would also force a vote, but it is believed less than 50% approval was reached in each categories."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53048903

So it was never even close, contrary to the rumour mills and fake news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

So despite being willing to play, we may be shafted again by having no opposition? Utter farce. 

I think we now need to hear from L1/2 clubs if they intend to play next season or not. And if as expected many don't, then they will have to rejig the leagues..

Whilst we have been screwed, we're partly to blame as we were never out of the bottom couple of places of the championship for most of the last couple of years. We  escaped relegation on the last day of the season and never really improved. The boards are partly to blame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Pity we have Low, Britton, McCall and Archibald running things next season. Utterly disastrous. 

F**k's that got to do with today's vote? Change the record!!!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, laukat said:

I don't see legal action holding much chance of success for Thistle and instead exposes us to potential crippling loses. You can argue about the rights and wrongs of how the SPFL conducted themselves but what legal ground are we going to challenge on? If there were any found in how the vote was conducted the SPFL would either rerun the vote and get the same result or change the rules, rerun the vote and get  the same result. We might get if we win but if we're not due to kick off until 27th October at best, what are our loses that we are due compensation for?

Hearts have a stronger case than us as their relegation means they will definetly not be playing league football until 27th October and it could have be argued that they have lost the ability to trade due to the vote of the other clubs and are therefore due substantial compensation.

The only way open for us to protest this is via boycotting away games and putting our away money into the club. Looking after the club's interests is not just something that is only done by the board of the club. We as fans have the ability to do something.

Surely we have lost the ability to trade because of the votes of others? At least hearts know when they can play we don’t even 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JAG1970 said:

I think we now need to hear from L1/2 clubs if they intend to play next season or not. And if as expected many don't, then they will have to rejig the leagues..

Whilst we have been screwed, we're partly to blame as we were never out of the bottom couple of places of the championship for most of the last couple of years. We  escaped relegation on the last day of the season and never really improved. The boards are partly to blame.

I see that as two very different things. Bottom line is the season wasn't finished. Not saying we were coming into fine form, but without finishing the season, we'll never know. Can't blame the board for this, although I agree we've been honking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

I see that as two very different things. Bottom line is the season wasn't finished. Not saying we were coming into fine form, but without finishing the season, we'll never know. Can't blame the board for this, although I agree we've been honking.

You can blame the board for the litany of dreadful decisions and appointments which led to is being bottom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×