Jump to content

West Ender

What if they shut down the season?

Recommended Posts

The Voting was gerrymandered in 2004 to relegate us against the rules because it suited the Power Brokers...it will happen again and we will be thrown under the bus.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that hearts fans are referring to their likely demotion to the championship as expulsion not relegation due to the fact the 36 games have not been played 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Winter of '63 said:

The Voting was gerrymandered in 2004 to relegate us against the rules because it suited the Power Brokers...it will happen again and we will be thrown under the bus.

We won the initial vote in 2004, the SPFL demanded a new vote then we lost

Fast forward 16 years Dundee vote our way, keeping us up, SPFL first say they never got it, Dundee say they sent it and was no, SPFL then claim an irregularity with it, Dundee now look to change it. 

 

This is corrupt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kangaroo league, why do all the other club's put up with this?  We should all resign and start a new association, apply for recognition and be done with the spfl.  They are a quango of idiots!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s the best Dundee have played all season. Now they hold all the cards due to the votes being published. Where else would this farce have been allowed to happen. As for the 28 day period, what a joke when they’ve been selling this as a quick way to make a payout. We have been right royally ****** over yet again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to these rules being adopted for the next round of Westminster/Holyrood elections or the next Independence Referendum! :crazy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, scotty said:

Looking forward to these rules being adopted for the next round of Westminster/Holyrood elections or the next Independence Referendum! :crazy:

They change the rules as they go on , back in 2012 with the Sevco scenario it was all about Sporting Integrity for the good of the game , seems to have been instantly forgotten now .

The Clubs should now deliver a vote of no- confidence in the SPFL , not sure what Maxie’s role in the SFA entails either but not hopeful in that either .

We must be the laughing stock of the football world , surely now Neil Doncaster’s role is untenable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

They change the rules as they go on , back in 2012 with the Sevco scenario it was all about Sporting Integrity for the good of the game , seems to have been instantly forgotten now .

The Clubs should now deliver a vote of no- confidence in the SPFL , not sure what Maxie’s role in the SFA entails either but not hopeful in that either .

We must be the laughing stock of the football world , surely now Neil Doncaster’s role is untenable.

How are we going to convince other clubs to do that.  the statement we released on Thursday night suggested we would be engaging with other clubs to get their support. Looks like we failed at that so ow are we suddenly going to be able to convince other clubs to support us to resign from the league against the filthy lucre of self interest?  We failed to persuade enough other clubs to support us just like we failed to gather enough points on the park to not be in this position. The spfl is shambolic but our outrage isn’t shared in many football boardrooms it seems - despite our engagement with them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon Neil Doncaster and the SPFL brand are just the fall guys for the clubs, who have expressed their will through a vote.

People moan about the SPFL pulling strings and enforcing their will but if anything the problem is that the SPFL lacks any individual power, and is entirely defined by the self interest of the individual clubs. Sporting integrity will always take second place in a genuine crisis, and to be fair that's what this is.

Let's be honest. This is not a case of Thistle taking a principled stand while others abandon any moral decency. This is a case of Thistle's self interest being at odds with that of the majority of clubs.

Doesn't excuse the shambles of a soft deadline and a missing vote.

Edited by allyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jaf said:

How are we going to convince other clubs to do that.  the statement we released on Thursday night suggested we would be engaging with other clubs to get their support. Looks like we failed at that so ow are we suddenly going to be able to convince other clubs to support us to resign from the league against the filthy lucre of self interest?  We failed to persuade enough other clubs to support us just like we failed to gather enough points on the park to not be in this position. The spfl is shambolic but our outrage isn’t shared in many football boardrooms it seems - despite our engagement with them. 

There is surely lots of other alternatives rather than the knee jerk reaction at such short notice, start the new season a month later or 16 team league in the Premier League for a season, playing each other twice 

This should have been debated at length with all the Clubs over maybe a month period not rushed over 2 days .

In the interim , prize money should have been paid on current positions, it’s now come to light that FIFA are going to help the Clubs as well because of the financial meltdown because football has stopped , so at this moment it looks like Doncaster and his cronies have jumped the gun.

 

Absolutely no need at this juncture to make plans for next season, we don’t even know if next season will be able to start at the right time until we see where this pandemic takes us .

Time for debate not knee jerk reactions 

Edited by jlsarmy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, allyo said:

I reckon Neil Doncaster and the SPFL brand are just the fall guys for the clubs, who have expressed their will through a vote.

People moan about the SPFL pulling strings and enforcing their will but if anything the problem is that the SPFL lacks any individual power, and is entirely defined by the self interest of the individual clubs. Sporting integrity will always take second place in a genuine crisis, and to be fair that's what this is.

Let's be honest. This is not a case of Thistle taking a principled stand while others abandon any moral decency. This is a case of Thistle's self interest being at odds with that of the majority of clubs.

Doesn't excuse the shambles of a soft deadline and a missing vote.

Think it was put to the Clubs , no money would be released until the Vote was put through.

Clubs voted of course in self interest but really it was financial blackmail.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Think it was put to the Clubs , no money would be released until the Vote was put through.

Clubs voted of course in self interest but really it was financial blackmail.

In whose interest?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Norgethistle said:

Say Dundee don’t vote for 28 days, how many teams would enter administration in that time and be docked 25 points

I know. Its a joke. The fake deadline is the part that I find unforgivable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

from kheredine at bbc 
 

Morning. Knowing what everyone else did, @DundeeFC now hold the casting @spfl vote. My info is they signed and dated a ‘no’ slip but didnt actually cast their vote. Meaning they could now change to ‘yes’. If they do, the motion to ‘call the season’ passes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an absolute joke. I’m sorry, but if this passes I genuinely feel that’s me & Scottish football finished. 
One club knowingly determines the future? Utter nonsense & not worth supporting in any capacity.

Anyone for cricket?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dundee fans (on their darkblues forum) seem largely OK on the prospect of their club holding the cards and making Doncaster & crew look like absolute clowns.

Here's one post anyway that mentioned the Jags....

 

 

if we change our vote to a yes:

a) we will be in the Championship next season

b) The DAB's will be promoted

c) Partick Thistle (Hearts and Stranraer also) will be relegated. Thistle have a game in hand on QoS and 2 points behind.

Morally point (c) is WRONG and we should vote NO.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gianlucatoni said:

Dundee fans (on their darkblues forum) seem largely OK on the prospect of their club holding the cards and making Doncaster & crew look like absolute clowns.

Here's one post anyway that mentioned the Jags....

 

 

if we change our vote to a yes:

a) we will be in the Championship next season

b) The DAB's will be promoted

c) Partick Thistle (Hearts and Stranraer also) will be relegated. Thistle have a game in hand on QoS and 2 points behind.

Morally point (c) is WRONG and we should vote NO.

 

I think they’ll stick with No after reading what Gordon Strachan’s view is on it , I’m sure he’s an influence within the club .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, allyo said:

I know. Its a joke. The fake deadline is the part that I find unforgivable. 

It is likely to push Caley into Administration and put Dundee one place up and relegate Caley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The SPFL seem to be living in a vacuum, they are trying to tidy up a series of unfinished leagues on the assumption that we can restart the season for 2020 / 2021 on schedule. Meanwhile the organisers of the Olympics in Tokyo are saying they cannot, at this time, guaranteed the games going ahead in 2021. Why can they not give those guarantees? because the virus is the one thing that sets the agenda.

The UK is getting close to 1000 Covid-19 related deaths per day, I don't think now is the time to be trying to work out the fixtures for next season!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The SPFL have already been outed as liars yesterday - if the comprehensive response from the h*ns is correct.

Would not surprise me one bit if they did receive the ballot from Dundee and then decide to lose it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×