What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

There is surely lots of other alternatives rather than the knee jerk reaction at such short notice, start the new season a month later or 16 team league in the Premier League for a season, playing each other twice 

This should have been debated at length with all the Clubs over maybe a month period not rushed over 2 days .

In the interim , prize money should have been paid on current positions, it’s now come to light that FIFA are going to help the Clubs as well because of the financial meltdown because football has stopped , so at this moment it looks like Doncaster and his cronies have jumped the gun.

Absolutely no need at this juncture to make plans for next season, we don’t even know if next season will be able to start at the right time until we see where this pandemic takes us .

Time for debate not knee jerk reactions 

All the other solutions are as imperfect as this one is . Eg just to take one your first proposition is in contravention of the new tv deal. 

it’s fair enough saying there are other alternatives but you can only deal with the ones that are realistic.  Unless you are proposing renegotiating the tv deal (on presumably worse terms)? 

Edited by jaf

2 minutes ago, jaf said:

All the other solutions are as imperfect as this one is . Eg just to take one your first proposition is in contravention of the new tv deal. 

it’s fair enough saying there are other alternatives but you can only deal with the ones that are realistic.  Unless you are proposing renegotiating the tv deal (on presumably worse terms)? 

Is this seasons Tv deal not null and void , so I would have thought Doncaster and Co have came to an agreement on that but I would doubt it ,absolutely no guarantee that next seasons TV deal will be fulfilled either , in these uncertain times broadcasters have no other option to renogiate deals .

Apparently the reason from that upstanding and thoroughly honest organisation (SPFL). for the urgency of an early decision is to assist the clubs financially by allowing "end of season fees to be released", because "that's the rule", it has to be the end of the season. How pathetic is that - an organisation that has changed rules to suit in other circumstances can not manage to change now to release the money! 

1 minute ago, QXBoy said:

Apparently the reason from that upstanding and thoroughly honest organisation (SPFL). for the urgency of an early decision is to assist the clubs financially by allowing "end of season fees to be released", because "that's the rule", it has to be the end of the season. How pathetic is that - an organisation that has changed rules to suit in other circumstances can not manage to change now to release the money! 

They shouldn’t put the pressure on the Clubs , as a matter of course they should be helping them by distributing prize money just now .

14 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

They Vote Yes - there promotion Hopes are gone and United go up 

They Vote No - they could risk going under - so they have to Vote Yes - they have no choice 

Is this an opinion or is it based on some inside information? The reasons I ask are that:

1. Up until your post all other posters are saying Dundee would vote or voted No, and also

2. Some posters are saying Dundee have actually stated they have or were going to vote No! 

Notwithstanding the Hobson's Choice which you point out I would have thought Dundee would have been well aware of the implications for them of a no vote! 

Away games at ICT & Dundee for me next season (being hopeful) and that's it! 

46 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

This is an absolute joke. I’m sorry, but if this passes I genuinely feel that’s me & Scottish football finished. 
One club knowingly determines the future? Utter nonsense & not worth supporting in any capacity.

Anyone for cricket?

The Highland League is good fun, I recommend it; some great grounds to visit.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Just for fun from the Dundee statement yesterday.....

‘It is a time for integrity and impartiality, which we have been witnessing every day throughout society and should be the same in football.‘

Thistle are not being impartial. I doubt any club is.

24 minutes ago, javeajag said:

It would be great if this idea is tried, and found to work …. certainly worth the gamble.

I read the Ebola vaccine took almost 5 years to develop, and that was a 'fast-tracked' effort. If someone can get positive results by the end of this year it would be both astonishing and very, very welcome!

1 hour ago, gianlucatoni said:

The SPFL have already been outed as liars yesterday - if the comprehensive response from the h*ns is correct.

Would not surprise me one bit if they did receive the ballot from Dundee and then decide to lose it 

How many yes votes went missing ? Correct none. Funny that eh.:angry2:

Edited by Auld Jag

1 hour ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

This is an absolute joke. I’m sorry, but if this passes I genuinely feel that’s me & Scottish football finished. 
One club knowingly determines the future? Utter nonsense & not worth supporting in any capacity.

Anyone for cricket?

I love cricket. I was at an Ashes test last year. Brilliant 2 days I had.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, allyo said:

Thistle are not being impartial. I doubt any club is.

Correct, and I have no problem with that. As directors of the companies that are clubs, they have a duty to do what is best for those companies/clubs.  

If we voted 'no' when in QOS position, that would be remarkable, just as it would be remarkable for them to vote 'yes' in our position. Self interest is always strong in human nature, even stronger when people have directors fiduciary duties to discharge.

Edited by jaf

Dundee are holding the dice and it would appear to be a smart move by them. This gives the time needed to come up with a form of words that allows the money to be distributed so disengaging the immediate need for cash from the question of sporting integrity. 

From DFC Website...

Amongst the member clubs there have been numerous discussions of the SPFL’s offer as well as viable, equitable proposed alternatives that could see potentially a neutral outcome for all clubs involved if the season cannot be finished.   In all cases, current placement monies could be distributed to the member clubs in very short order while maintaining all SPFL obligations.

What is galling about this clusterf### is that 3 teams are deemed as being punishable for so far having a crap season in exchange for the majority of 39 other accepting. Loads of turkeys are having the chance to opt out of Christmas.  It should be seen as a fundamentally unfair proposal no matter what team you support.

I can only hope Dundee go with the original indication of rejecting this. 

I don't believe the conspiracy theory of Dundee delaying their vote to try to put other clubs into adminstration by delaying SPFL payments, and having their points reduced by 25.  Even if true, it's hard to imagine the SPFL Board not suspending that points deduction rule  given the circumstances (and the composition of the Board).

Doncaster I suspect will (falsely) claim that the 17.00 hrs "deadline" was merely the starting gun for the 28 day consultation period.  Dundee should come clean and say whether or not they have sent their vote to the SPL and whether it was yes or no.  That would clarify matters.