What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

6 minutes ago, gus 57 said:

Don't think the Forfar guy said he wanted us and Falkirk in their league. He  said he wanted clarity on who would be in their league as that would set his Budget. Maybe he didn't put it across as well as he could have.

That was after he started backpeddaling.

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

Maybe I’m be simplistic, can’t somebody just check and see from Dundee’s  email whether it had been sent .

It's been on Sportsound - the Secretary was told not to send it apparently, despite a photo of the signed vote being circulated on Whatsapp to other clubs. Stinks.

1 minute ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

It's been on Sportsound - the Secretary was told not to send it apparently, despite a photo of the signed vote being circulated on Whatsapp to other clubs. Stinks.

Think from my understanding he was told not to resend it .

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

Think from my understanding he was told not to resend it .

Think so. All very odd. If someone doesn't get an email I send, they check the spam folder then if still not there, I resend. 

This absolutely stinks. Dundee, I fear, are up to something. 

Fair play to Rangers - their statement is strong and we should be following suit very quickly. Total stitch up.

4 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Think so. All very odd. If someone doesn't get an email I send, they check the spam folder then if still not there, I resend. 

This absolutely stinks. Dundee, I fear, are up to something. 

Fair play to Rangers - their statement is strong and we should be following suit very quickly. Total stitch up.

I'm sure our expert communications chairperson will be right on it.

7 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Let's all support The Rangers! haha!  NEVER thought I'd say that...

The timeline is interesting, first phone call Doncaster made after Dundee’s  ‘ NO’ vote was to Peter Lawwell who isn’t even on the SPFL board !

Fair play to the ICT chairman coming on and giving his account of what happened, top guy. I thought Sportsound would sort of paper over the cracks of what happened but they didn’t. Michael Stewart (who was brilliant aswell) and the other guy along with ICT chairman basically saying it stinks to the high heavens and even Richard Gordon hinting at corruption and dodgy dealings. Forfar can go shaft themselves if we end up down aswell. 

Agree totally, the ICT chair spoke well, basically he said that he couldn't vote for a resolution that punished other clubs.   Crucially he made the point that the decision to finalise the league places now was being conflated with the cash pay-outs and although ICT and others had questioned Doncaster et al as to why this was necessary they didn't get an answer.

Dundee have a lot of explaining to do but they gone to ground. 

Sevco have had an with the SPFL for years and who knows how genuine the reference to a "whistle-blower" is but that doesn't invalidate the points they raise.

As mentioned, the Forfar chair totally contracted himself, started by saying that finances weren't an issues,  £3,700 of no significance and then goes on to mention that he looks forward to the big travelling support from Thistle and others and the circa £100K generated.    I think he may come to regret his comments.

3 hours ago, allyo said:

You think all the other clubs will boycott us for voting no?

If the clubs your thinking about all play in league 1 it won't make any difference

I don't think the SPL Clubs have any reason to boycott us! Let's hope your not also thinking that we might (eventually) be boycotted by League 2 Clubs! 

3 minutes ago, Colognejag said:

Surely after this afternoon's revelations, Dundee cannot "change their mind" That would only prove there have been more than dodgy dealings. That should mean bye bye to Neil and Peter. 

Thing is Peter Lawwell left in July 19

Think from the sportsound discussion..the Dundee secretary had sent it but it was 'apparently' never recieved. Instead of resending it with a NO they were told as it hadn't been recieved they would be able to change their position. Obviously a lot of dodgy dealings go on in the background at this stage and would imagine Dundee were targeted as they were the most likely to be persuaded to change their position.

39 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

The timeline is interesting, first phone call Doncaster made after Dundee’s  ‘ NO’ vote was to Peter Lawwell who isn’t even on the SPFL board !

I think this is why Rangers are so angry.  Lawell is a mover and shaker and it appears doesn't need to be on the SPFL Board to influence matters. One wonders if Doncaster was 'reporting to/checking  in with' his boss! 

Stuart Milne the now retired Aberdeen Chairman did say when leaving his position at Aberdeen that Lawell had too much influence! So perhaps this is an example - influence without accountability! 

Rangers will love it if they cam implicate Lawell! 

This whole affair is getting dirtier and dirtier and Dundee need to be very very careful otherwise they may face legal consequences by association. 

I would like to think the revelations will force them to standby their agreement with ICY & Jags! 

59 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

Fair play to the ICT chairman coming on and giving his account of what happened, top guy. I thought Sportsound would sort of paper over the cracks of what happened but they didn’t. Michael Stewart (who was brilliant aswell) and the other guy along with ICT chairman basically saying it stinks to the high heavens and even Richard Gordon hinting at corruption and dodgy dealings. Forfar can go shaft themselves if we end up down aswell. 

Willie Miller was an absolute bellend tbf 

And surely the Forfar chair is already thinking league reconstruction isn’t actually going to happen if he is looking forward to us and Falkirk visiting next season. So the ‘let’s talk about reconstruction’ bit of the vote is bogus as we all thought. 

• Like 1