What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

Ross County chairman on radio Scotland saying that there could be social distancing at football grounds when football returns. How exactly would that work ? Chick Young and Neil McCann saying there is no way Thistle should be relegated with them having a game in hand. 

The most simple reconstruction is to increase the premier to 14, remove relegation, and promote the top two in each division.  This would promote ICT, Falkirk and Edinburgh City. No one in this has voted against self interest. 

Dundee could be arguing for a play off with ICT

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Auld Jag said:

Ross County chairman on radio Scotland saying that there could be social distancing at football grounds when football returns. How exactly would that work ? Chick Young and Neil McCann saying there is no way Thistle should be relegated with them having a game in hand. 

Think that's kinda similar to the 500 max thingy the Scottish Government were introducing. Even if it was practical it's a clear no goer just now or anytime in the next few months. On top of that travelling from area to area is likely to be restricted. Of all people you'd think someone whose club is based in Dingwall would have more of a clue.

1 minute ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Think that's kinda similar to the 500 max thingy the Scottish Government were introducing. Even if it was practical it's a clear no goer just now or anytime in the next few months. On top of that travelling from area to area is likely to be restricted. Of all people you'd think someone whose club is based in Dingwall would have more of a clue.

I think that Roy McGregor does have a clue but Ross County voted to end the season with them in a safe position. For them it's no more or less than staying in the top division. If the league is played to a conclusion there is every chanche they'd be in a play-off or even bottom. The rest of his ramble was basically him trying to sound reasonable. There's no more certainty now than there was before Friday's fiasco.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

From what I’ve heard the Rangers response with the evidence will be presented from a unified front of multiple clubs, this now appears to be a (growing) group who are going to out Doncaster and his puppet master 

I really want this to be the case, so hope your sources are correct.

Interesting from Kheredine at bbc

Regarding the @sfpl vote , I’ve had this today from a top club CEO : “It clearly states in the resolution that a vote cannot be uncast.” Could be v interesting, depending on what can be proved was/wasn’t sent and was/wasn’t received 

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Test results on 91 covid-19 positive people released in  South Korea the other day suggested that those who had already been infected were still infected - with a further suggestion that the disease had been reactivated with zero immunity. 

I would suggest that the Ross Co chair is counting his chickens.

4 hours ago, jaf said:

The speed and strength of the spfl response coupled with rangers reticence to produce the evidence makes me think the smoking gun could be underwhelming.  

Why would you just hand over your evidence. And how many times do you see people initially rebuffing accusations against only later to own up to the accusation.

12 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

Test results on 91 covid-19 positive people released in  South Korea the other day suggested that those who had already been infected were still infected - with a further suggestion that the disease had been reactivated with zero immunity. 

I would suggest that the Ross Co chair is counting his chickens.

This, and with the best guess estimate of 18 months for a vaccine to be developed and manufactured and the news that the Olympics cannot be guaranteed to be staged in 2021 by the Tokyo organisers, I think a proposed vote to terminate a season in the second week of April 2020 by the Scottish Football League administrators really defies any logic.

And more ....

Some extra detail on the @spfl vote rules . For clarity “if you do not agree with the Ordinary Resolution you do not need to do anything; you will not be deemed to agree if you fail to reply”. So abstain = no, effectively.  But if you vote yes, “you may not revoke your agreement”

12 minutes ago, javeajag said:

And more ....

Some extra detail on the @spfl vote rules . For clarity “if you do not agree with the Ordinary Resolution you do not need to do anything; you will not be deemed to agree if you fail to reply”. So abstain = no, effectively.  But if you vote yes, “you may not revoke your agreement”

Think Dundee might abstain from the vote to try and deflect any criticism that might come their way .

It’s truly Byzantine ..,,

. @spfl says 'missing' @DundeeFC vote slip (voting 'No') gets to them AFTER Dundee wrote to them saying "any attempted vote from club should NOT be considered as cast".  The plot thickens significantly. Vote is 'cast' - vote doesnt arrive - 'dont count our vote' - vote arrives?

3 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

From what I’ve heard the Rangers response with the evidence will be presented from a unified front of multiple clubs, this now appears to be a (growing) group who are going to out Doncaster and his puppet master 

Well Doncaster should have gone multiple times over the years, so its good if they have finally got him on something!

I cannot find myself able to trust Rangers, so lets see what happens next; speculating in a way that gives RFC credit, adulation or the benefit of the doubt is not a game for me!

6 minutes ago, jaf said:

Well Doncaster should have gone multiple times over the years, so its good if they have finally got him on something!

I cannot find myself able to trust Rangers, so lets see what happens next; speculating in a way that gives RFC credit, adulation or the benefit of the doubt is not a game for me!

Hopefully it leads to dialogue, the Belgian template is what I would go for who also called their season early , 2 promotion places with no relegation.

28 minutes ago, javeajag said:

It’s truly Byzantine ..,,

. @spfl says 'missing' @DundeeFC vote slip (voting 'No') gets to them AFTER Dundee wrote to them saying "any attempted vote from club should NOT be considered as cast".  The plot thickens significantly. Vote is 'cast' - vote doesnt arrive - 'dont count our vote' - vote arrives?

It's amazing what you can find when you really look down the side of the sofa.:thinking:

• Like 1

Rangers releasing a statement that they got legal advice that says the SPFL can release funds to clubs at any time, not only if they voted for this abortion. As we all suspect this bunch of corrupt charlatans are doing everything to bully clubs into this and ate prepared to let clubs go to the wall. What wonderful governance we have.

Edited by Garscube Road End