What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

Just now, Emsca said:

Yes think you are right.

I go back to what I said a few days ago- I would  send a letter of resignation and tell them to stick their 110 page constitution up their collective arses.

Would rather not be part of this corrupt fckfest.

Appreciate the sentiment but shutting down the club Is not the answer.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

2 up from Championship this season, no relegation from Premiership to championship. League to split top 6 and bottom 8.  Playoff scrapped 1 up 1 down in future.

1 down from Championship 3 up from 1st division - Format as is, but 1 up and 1 down with 9th 8th and 7th to compete against 2nd 3rd and 4th from new league 1 for 2 places in championship 

1st division and 2nd to join as 1 league of 18 with 36 games.. Top promoted, 2nd 3rd and 4th in playoff league as above. Bottom 2 relegated via pyramid.

I find it almost impossible to believe that they would relegate us in an unfinished season just so they could promote the third placed team in League 1, a league which only had a maximum of two promotion places when it started.

After everything that's happened I could say that nothing would surprise me. But that would. I just can't see it.

Just now, allyo said:

I find it almost impossible to believe that they would relegate us in an unfinished season just so they could promote the third placed team in League 1, a league which only had a maximum of two promotion places when it started.

After everything that's happened I could say that nothing would surprise me. But that would. I just can't see it.

They will do whatever Celtic tell them to do. That’s where the power and influence is. 

2 minutes ago, Big Col said:

They will do whatever Celtic tell them to do. That’s where the power and influence is. 

I agree. But why would Celtic care about that? It's such an own goal. Scrap relegation  and many of their problems go away. Media etc. Relegate us to promote a team in third makes no sense and leaves them wide open.

Edited by allyo

16 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

We'll have to see how many clubs still exist in, say, August, to see what sort of leagues we can have.

Unless someone can bribe the government to declare football an "essential service"

I think this is the point. The idea that the new leagues wiill,start as normal in August may be fanciful. Social distancing is likely to continue long after lockdown finishes. Some clubs may have gone to the wall by the time football actually kicks off again. I would always say that I would never want any club to go bankrupt because i thought at root, underneath all the slagging and the banter we were all a part of  a community. It doesn't look like that today. At a time when every other walk of life is coming together in unprecedented adversity Scottish football shows itself to be mean spirited and venal.

2 minutes ago, allyo said:

I agree. But why would Celtic care about that? It's such an own goal. Scrap relegation  and many of their problems go away. Media etc. Relegate us to promote a team in third makes no sense and leaves them wide open.

But they get declared champions and get 9 in a row. That’s why they wanted the leagues ended early. Let’s wait and see how many Celtic players end up on loan at Dens next season and if Dundee have a pre season friendly against them.

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

From kheredine at bbc....

I understand @PartickThistle are now considering their options but we won’t hear anything from them tonight re the @spfl resolution being passed , and Thistle being relegated from the Championship.

Quote from kherdine at bbc...16/04/20 thistle have shat the bed and accepted there fate

6 minutes ago, Big Col said:

But they get declared champions and get 9 in a row. That’s why they wanted the leagues ended early. Let’s wait and see how many Celtic players end up on loan at Dens next season and if Dundee have a pre season friendly against them.

That's not my point. Celtic get their title. No arguments. I'm asking why they'd relegate Thistle to promote Airdrie.

2 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Ah! You dont have an answer? As usual.

I am not in the mood  for your shite this evening.

A person who thinks Partick Thistle got what they deserved because they were bottom of the league 8 games to go. 

25 minutes ago, Big Col said:

I think Celtic would prefer a non asterix title to show they won it fair and square. It will always be tarnished in the gloating war ( not that I care ).  I'm surprised the other half cant see that....actually I'm not. Back to Thistle. As long as we dont go down im relatively happy. Time to put our interests to the front.