What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

7 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Dundee, twice in admin, now seeking the moral high ground of integrity..... boak...

IF 3 teams are coming up and we’re going down then the board must fight this. Otherwise they risk alienating and losing more of an already dwindling support.

Sorry I am getting a bit confused.  You don't mean 3 teams coming into the championship, do you? 

10 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

It won’t happen, folk will travel to see a winning team, hell our fans travel in numbers to see a losing team

I'm with Big Col on this Norge & maybe I can be categorised as a stubborn old pr1ck, but I'll be choosing very carefully which clubs to go see away from home in future once the dust settles in this issue in the months to come - and there don't appear to be many at the moment.

We've been outmanoeuvred & shafted yet again- the slimy SPFL @rseholes know the h*ns have fek all on them, Stranraer are skint and - now with hearts silence bought with budge on board - they know we're in a corner and highly likely to sh*t our pants.

Even with legal opinion on our side, the SPFL will have similar legal opinion that will agree with them  & the courts have previous in that they don't want court time wasted with football.

It's a glass half empty night.

16 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

It won’t happen, folk will travel to see a winning team, hell our fans travel in numbers to see a losing team

You might be right Norvge. It is the differebce between bumping your (virtual) gums on a forum and a sober, coherent and robust series of actions that properly expresses the disgust that I hope is felt by every Thistle fan today.  I hope we do do  it if only to show that we really care about what has been done to us today. What about approaching the supporters  buses and asking them to absent themselves for a season. If we sre all keyboard warriors with no teeth then let's have no more from anyone about the board being weak and lacking direction.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Sorry I am getting a bit confused.  You don't mean 3 teams coming into the championship, do you? 

That's the rumour from norge but surely not.

If Hearts don't get relegated then we won't be either, I reckon.

Edited by allyo

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

2 up from Championship this season, no relegation from Premiership to championship. League to split top 6 and bottom 8.  Playoff scrapped 1 up 1 down in future.

1 down from Championship 3 up from 1st division - Format as is, but 1 up and 1 down with 9th 8th and 7th to compete against 2nd 3rd and 4th from new league 1 for 2 places in championship 

1st division and 2nd to join as 1 league of 18 with 36 games.. Top promoted, 2nd 3rd and 4th in playoff league as above. Bottom 2 relegated via pyramid.

As we are now formally relegated I assume the 3 from the championship will be Partick, Raith and Falkirk! 

They can't logically leave Hearts in the SPL and not leave ss in the Championship

Just now, West of Scotland said:

How much would it cost? Can the club afford to pursue something that is 100% guaranteed to fail?

Can they afford not to? If they don’t and just crumble without a fight, that’s it for me and I’m sure for a large number of fans. They need to show backbone on this and not just take it. They did the right thing and took legal opinion which they publicly published. We lose all credibility if we don’t follow that through and the SPFL will continue to do what they want and we will be shat on whenever they feel like it as we’ll be seen to be feeble and weak.

Signing off for tonight with this. 

I have little faith reconstruction will happen and expect us to be in League 1 next season. 

However if it does happen (we should be in the Championship) it's going to be a very  competitive League. 

For this reason and I admit I was all for legal action I now feel we should only persue this if following reconstruction we find ourselves in League 1. If we are in the Championship we should focus all our resources and f**k the SPFL by winning promotion to the SPL! It occurs to me winning the Championship would also show two fingers to the likes of Dundee and all the other Yes voters! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, allyo said:

Does it matter? Does it matter if we get relegated? If Hearts get relegated? Does it f uck.

I’m done. I love Thistle, but what’s the point?!? We’ve all got better things to do that support this farce. If this goes through, in any way, I’m out. I’ll look out for the scores, but not supporting it. Our participation, at any level, perpetuates it, so f uck that. Cheerio. Sooner watch the Juniors.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, allyo said:

From what I was told this will now be a self serving carve up.

Old firm will get their 4 games

Hearts will be saved

All bottom teams will be protected in Premiership to ensure it goes through.

Watch and see Colt teams being mentioned

12 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Can they afford not to? If they don’t and just crumble without a fight, that’s it for me and I’m sure for a large number of fans. They need to show backbone on this and not just take it. They did the right thing and took legal opinion which they publicly published. We lose all credibility if we don’t follow that through and the SPFL will continue to do what they want and we will be shat on whenever they feel like it as we’ll be seen to be feeble and weak.

We need to help with the funding of this and I mean everyone who can afford to. Otherwise what are we?

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Hearts will be saved

Cheerio. Sorry, but if this happens it’s the end for me. 

1 minute ago, Thistle88 said:

Time for everyone who supports Thistle to reappear IMO. If we get put down we should show we are enough of a Club to get ourselves back. Time to show what Thistle are all about.

Nope. Been there, done that. Now we’re here. 
Unless we fight hard & fight dirty, we don’t deserve to survive. We’re having the piss ripped out of us - if we want support, we need to deserve it. 

12 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Hearts will be saved

I think your pal's winding you up. :)

Honestly, I reckon I've been about as reasonable as you could be about this stuff. To the point that it's probably annoyed some people. I accept (but don't like) that we have a structure where clubs are getting to decide on this. I accept that they will vote to suit themselves. I accept that finishing the season was going to be difficult and therefore shutting it down and relegating us was always a possibility. I could have accepted that on the basis that it had been voted for. I didn't go for any of the talk of corruption, or recriminations.

However the Dundee situation was immediately dodgy. What you are suggesting takes it to another level, where the leagues are being manipulated specifically in order to relegate Thistle. That's beyond the pale.

But we'll see 

Edited by allyo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

2 up from Championship this season, no relegation from Premiership to championship. League to split top 6 and bottom 8.  Playoff scrapped 1 up 1 down in future.

1 down from Championship 3 up from 1st division - Format as is, but 1 up and 1 down with 9th 8th and 7th to compete against 2nd 3rd and 4th from new league 1 for 2 places in championship 

1st division and 2nd to join as 1 league of 18 with 36 games.. Top promoted, 2nd 3rd and 4th in playoff league as above. Bottom 2 relegated via pyramid.

Falkirk appear to be backing down https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52304190 perhaps further evidence that Norgethistle is correct.

If we are the only ones to be relegated as a by product of this proposal the club has to puruse the legal route and if that fails ask the supporters clubs to not put on buses for away games. We need to make a stand if we are uniquely disadvantaged. Is joining the English pyramid at the bottom rung a better option than being in the bottom run of the SPFL?

7 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Nope. Been there, done that. Now we’re here. 
Unless we fight hard & fight dirty, we don’t deserve to survive. We’re having the piss ripped out of us - if we want support, we need to deserve it. 

Too many people giving up too easy. **** them we are a bigger team than we care to show, it’s about ******* time we are together against this shambolic decision.