Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
West Ender

What if they shut down the season?

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ok....

Livi heard this today... so source from there 

1. season over 

2. Cup semis first games of next season

3. Hearts relegated 

4. Problem with our relegation due to games played 
 

would explain Ann Budge legal threat 

 

The club better be getting ready to fight our corner; I have zero confidence we will not end up getting shafted here.

Will not be happy if we roll over meekly and accept going down for some woolly 'greater good of the game' notion.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, delurker said:

The club better be getting ready to fight our corner; I have zero confidence we will not end up getting shafted here.

Will not be happy if we roll over meekly and accept going down for some woolly 'greater good of the game' notion.

Do we have the finance to mount a legal challenge  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ok....

Livi heard this today... so source from there 

1. season over 

2. Cup semis first games of next season

3. Hearts relegated 

4. Problem with our relegation due to games played 
 

would explain Ann Budge legal threat 

 

so 9th place is safe (or 11th in the Premiership) with no play off? and teams vying for promotion playoff are denied the chance of promotion?

Brechin relegated to non-league? If yes who comes up? If not why not?

I know it's unprecedented times but it's quite unfair, especially when in our position we've played one less game than the team above us. QOS have played 14 home & 14 away, we've played 13 home & 14 away (even though game in hand is away). We need a Duckworth Lewis method :)

Anyway I'm sure we'll get shafted and be relegated just like in 2004 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jaggy said:

so 9th place is safe (or 11th in the Premiership) with no play off? and teams vying for promotion playoff are denied the chance of promotion?

Brechin relegated to non-league? If yes who comes up? If not why not?

I know it's unprecedented times but it's quite unfair, especially when in our position we've played one less game than the team above us. QOS have played 14 home & 14 away, we've played 13 home & 14 away (even though game in hand is away). We need a Duckworth Lewis method :)

Anyway I'm sure we'll get shafted and be relegated just like in 2004 

The authorities only care about two scumbag clubs and they'd love us to disappear.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jaggy said:

so 9th place is safe (or 11th in the Premiership) with no play off? and teams vying for promotion playoff are denied the chance of promotion?

Brechin relegated to non-league? If yes who comes up? If not why not?

I know it's unprecedented times but it's quite unfair, especially when in our position we've played one less game than the team above us. QOS have played 14 home & 14 away, we've played 13 home & 14 away (even though game in hand is away). We need a Duckworth Lewis method :)

Anyway I'm sure we'll get shafted and be relegated just like in 2004 

We have 10 points from 13 home games I think? - I am not sure the home game argument stacks up, at an average over the season of 0.77 points per home match, if they award us that average for the missing game, we still go down.

We have been bottom for much of the season - I cannot recall QOS being bottom much at all? 

We probably deserve to be bottom I am afraid, and only a 'no relegation' solution can save us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jaf said:

We have 10 points from 13 home games I think? - I am not sure the home game argument stacks up, at an average over the season of 0.77 points per home match, if they award us that average for the missing game, we still go down.

We have been bottom for much of the season - I cannot recall QOS being bottom much at all? 

We probably deserve to be bottom I am afraid, and only a 'no relegation' solution can save us.

Were QOS 2nd bottom at anytime last season except after the last game ?

Having said that, I don’t think we would have survived, but we need to be allowed the chance. Clubs should not be penalised for the season not being completed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Were QOS 2nd bottom at anytime last season except after the last game ?

Having said that, I don’t think we would have survived, but we need to be allowed the chance. Clubs should not be penalised for the season not being completed.

 

Exactly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe there's three fixtures outstanding that would at least round off the division at 28 games apiece. I don't know if there's the appetite to play these games behind closed doors. I don't know either how that would balance up on the home and away tally.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sandy said:

It’s all speculation, at the moment. Nobody knows the actual outcome yet. 

Are you talking about the suspended season in particular, or this forum in general ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did think at the time the ref reversing his (correct) penalty award in the last QoS game would have consequences but after 36 games had been played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I did think at the time the ref reversing his (correct) penalty award in the last QoS game would have consequences but after 36 games had been played.

Also Bannigan missing penalties(Alloa and Dunfermline).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Also Bannigan missing penalties(Alloa and Dunfermline).

Yes, but hard to score one that the ref takes off the spot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Are you talking about the suspended season in particular, or this forum in general ?

The outcome of this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2020 at 4:24 PM, Garscube Road End said:

Do we have the finance to mount a legal challenge  

Any legal challenge should not be about the relegation a particular club  but about the principle of sporting integrity. This would then enable all the clubs under threat, that is Hearts, The Jags, Brechin etc to unite and make a joint legal challenge. Any other club who wishes regardless of their league position could join the group of clubs mounting the legal challenge! 

I think that the sensible options, failing the completion of fixtures, are:

1. The season is declared null and void with all the clubs staying in their respective league and all go again next year, so no champions and no relegation, or

2. What I think Gerry Britton is suggesting,  Celtic  declared SPL Champions, no relegation from SPL; 2 clubs promoted from Championship and no relegation, cascade this through leagues 1 & 2 with 2 new clubs joining the professional leagues. 

3 this would result in 4 leagues of 14/10/10/10.

I prefer option 1.

The difficulty though will be that the authorities will approach the problem from the perspective of "how can we get Dundee Utd into the SPL" rather than "how can we come up with a outcome that is as fair as possible to every club while protecting the integrity of football"!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Any legal challenge should not be about the relegation a particular club  but about the principle of sporting integrity. This would then enable all the clubs under threat, that is Hearts, The Jags, Brechin etc to unite and make a joint legal challenge. Any other club who wishes regardless of their league position could join the group of clubs mounting the legal challenge! 

I think that the sensible options, failing the completion of fixtures, are:

1. The season is declared null and void with all the clubs staying in their respective league and all go again next year, so no champions and no relegation, or

2. What I think Gerry Britton is suggesting,  Celtic  declared SPL Champions, no relegation from SPL; 2 clubs promoted from Championship and no relegation, cascade this through leagues 1 & 2 with 2 new clubs joining the professional leagues. 

3 this would result in 4 leagues of 14/10/10/10.

I prefer option 1.

The difficulty though will be that the authorities will approach the problem from the perspective of "how can we get Dundee Utd into the SPL" rather than "how can we come up with a outcome that is as fair as possible to every club while protecting the integrity of football"!! 

I think if we were in DU position we would view it somewhat differently. Albeit I would be chortling if option 1 did come to pass.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Any legal challenge should not be about the relegation a particular club  but about the principle of sporting integrity. This would then enable all the clubs under threat, that is Hearts, The Jags, Brechin etc to unite and make a joint legal challenge. Any other club who wishes regardless of their league position could join the group of clubs mounting the legal challenge! 

I think that the sensible options, failing the completion of fixtures, are:

1. The season is declared null and void with all the clubs staying in their respective league and all go again next year, so no champions and no relegation, or

2. What I think Gerry Britton is suggesting,  Celtic  declared SPL Champions, no relegation from SPL; 2 clubs promoted from Championship and no relegation, cascade this through leagues 1 & 2 with 2 new clubs joining the professional leagues. 

3 this would result in 4 leagues of 14/10/10/10.

I prefer option 1.

The difficulty though will be that the authorities will approach the problem from the perspective of "how can we get Dundee Utd into the SPL" rather than "how can we come up with a outcome that is as fair as possible to every club while protecting the integrity of football"!! 

I think in our set up there could be more than just the 3 or 4 relegation threatened clubs. Every club that has a chance of reaching the playoffs/top 6/Europe may well throw their hat in the ring as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Any legal challenge should not be about the relegation a particular club  but about the principle of sporting integrity. This would then enable all the clubs under threat, that is Hearts, The Jags, Brechin etc to unite and make a joint legal challenge. Any other club who wishes regardless of their league position could join the group of clubs mounting the legal challenge! 

I think that the sensible options, failing the completion of fixtures, are:

1. The season is declared null and void with all the clubs staying in their respective league and all go again next year, so no champions and no relegation, or

2. What I think Gerry Britton is suggesting,  Celtic  declared SPL Champions, no relegation from SPL; 2 clubs promoted from Championship and no relegation, cascade this through leagues 1 & 2 with 2 new clubs joining the professional leagues. 

3 this would result in 4 leagues of 14/10/10/10.

I prefer option 1.

The difficulty though will be that the authorities will approach the problem from the perspective of "how can we get Dundee Utd into the SPL" rather than "how can we come up with a outcome that is as fair as possible to every club while protecting the integrity of football"!! 

No the authorities will be concentrating on :-

1) Making sure Celtic are crowned champions so that the 9/10 in a row saga is prolonged.

2) Any solution maintains the maximum number of OF games.

3) Hearts and Dundee Untd are playing in the top division .

Sporting integrity , fairness , what is just etc will come way down the list after making sure  firstly  that the Ugly sisters then the TV companies are on board with what is agreed.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea that someone came up with of finishing the season on FIFA 20. A representative for each team (fan or player) to play the remaining fixtures.

Get the Xbox out lads and get practicing !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fully expect sporting integrity & fairness as Emsca says to come way down the list. That said it looks to me that there is NO way a satisfactory and fair to all outcome can come about. Even playing this season to conclusion (from summer or whenever after deemed possible) will not produce a level playing field as each club's playing squads will differ considerably from the current contracted squads. Even allowing for short extended contracts, which club does a pre-contract player turn out for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Norwegian football teams have started to temporary lay off players coaches and staff

Only a matter of time before it starts here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Emsca said:

No the authorities will be concentrating on :-

1) Making sure Celtic are crowned champions so that the 9/10 in a row saga is prolonged.

2) Any solution maintains the maximum number of OF games.

3) Hearts and Dundee Untd are playing in the top division .

Sporting integrity , fairness , what is just etc will come way down the list after making sure  firstly  that the Ugly sisters then the TV companies are on board with what is agreed.

 

 

 

Spot on.

I'm sure they are spending every waking moment right now trying to come up with some formula that will meet those 3 goals but still relegate us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Emsca said:

No the authorities will be concentrating on :-

1) Making sure Celtic are crowned champions so that the 9/10 in a row saga is prolonged.

2) Any solution maintains the maximum number of OF games.

3) Hearts and Dundee Untd are playing in the top division .

Sporting integrity , fairness , what is just etc will come way down the list after making sure  firstly  that the Ugly sisters then the TV companies are on board with what is agreed.

 

 

 

Very pleased to see you do irony, Emsca!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×