What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

5 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Three black cats have no income or access to funds anymore,  sole income came from Colin Weir, that stream stoped when he passed.

latest financials

- Net Worth minus £180k

- Total current assets £4.5m

-Total current liabilities £7.6k

Just to add to that J-Low resigned her directorship of 3BC on 27th of April

Was she not appointed chairman because she was on the board of 3BC

7 hours ago, allyo said:

I'm with you, with caveats.

There is no need to include both Kielty and Brora. There were never two places available to them. So a playoff and one in at best.

And I think the premier would have to split after two round of games. Otherwise you'd have them playing a 41-42 game season.  Maybe too much?

But in principle I absolutely think it is the best short term solution and I'm surprised not to have seen it mentioned anywhere.

Perhaps it's just postering but as each day passes I am becoming less hopeful of reconstruction and more resigned to playing in the championship next season

Reasons:

- all League 2 Clubs saying they will vote against any model that isn't 3x14

- Ross County, Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Livingston saying they will vote against any proposals that are temporary

Too many pieces to fall into place for reconstruction to happen and as a consequence, for us to remain in the championship! 

Hope I am wrong but think we better gear up for League 1!

15 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Perhaps it's just postering but as each day passes I am becoming less hopeful of reconstruction and more resigned to playing in the championship next season

Reasons:

- Ross County, Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Livingston saying they will vote against any proposals that are temporary

Too many pieces to fall into place for reconstruction to happen and as a consequence, for us to remain in the championship! 

Make up your mind...

6 hours ago, javeajag said:

Really?  Sweden was late getting the pandemic and has already soared past Norway, Denmark and Germany in cases per 1million population and deaths per 1million population, it is fast approaching France.

The important things to check is not numbers but % and the R value 

Sweden are going for herd immunity hoping their health service is capable, the cases there are still doubling every 5 days

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

Reasons:

I think you're right. We can discuss what is right and fair and workable (more to pass the time than anything else) but in the end we're screwed by the system that requires the turkeys to vote for it.

Having said that I also agree that it's all a bit like shifting deck chairs right now. There are far greater unknowns than what the league structure is going to be.

28 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Really?  Sweden was late getting the pandemic and has already soared past Norway, Denmark and Germany in cases per 1million population and deaths per 1million population, it is fast approaching France.

The important things to check is not numbers but % and the R value 

Sweden are going for herd immunity hoping their health service is capable, the cases there are still doubling every 5 days

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Sweden have adopted a different approach ( it’s based on science and  they believe they can keep  What they are doing for a king term whereas lockdowns can’t ) and in terms of outcomes they are worse than their neighbours but better than say the U.K. or Belgium which have lockdowns  why? .....phase 2 for us will look at lot like Sweden ( they also have  the benefit of reduced economic harm to their economy )

Germany update ....

Premier League restart may be trickier than anticipated... this from a Bundesliga club - all players/staff being tested, 3 positive, put into quarantine for 14 days... idea of German league returning a week tomorrow already dashed by Govt...

3 hours ago, jagfox said:

Make up your mind...

I am not sure I follow this "make your mind up" stuff! 

I was very positive (and hopeful) that reconstruction would actually happen and that as a result we could be saved from relegation! 

However over the past two weeks the momentum has swung in the opposite direction.  The League 2 Club's set out their positions and one by one other individual clubs have done the same. 

I admire Lady Isobel for her optimism (and hope she is right) and agree with Allyo about the fact there are a lot unknowns, My mind hasn't changed I want us playing in the Championship next season but the evidence is starting to suggest otherwise! 

Personally I don't see what's wrong with modifying a position or changing it completely if this is based on evidence! 

BBC Breakfast showed an interview with a former chief executive of the Football Association, discussing the various options for bringing the season to a close. "One thing you can't do, is relegate teams when the fixtures have not been concluded." He forgot to add, unless you're in Scotland.

And here lies one of the problems. No test is 100% accurate, so some who test negative will still be carrying the virus. Let say that the test is 99% accurate when it comes to false positive result (which would be extremely good) and lets say that each of the premier league teams have an average of 25 people involved in training (player, coaches). That would be 300 tests and therefore 3 who slip through the net and could infect anyone in the training session who they come into contact with. 

How long until they are retested and the error in the test comes to light ? And how many people will have been infected in the interim ?

If I was a professional footballer, I would not be at all happy about restarting training.   

Edit to add. Unless there is a dedicated lab on the site of the test, the results will also only show if you had or didn't have the virus 3 days previously. A lot can happen in 3 days when it comes to virus transmission.

Edited by Dick Dastardly

12 hours ago, allyo said:

I think you just have to look back at the bold text to see what the make up your mind was about.

I think you said championship when you meant league 1

Your right... apologies to jagfox. I must be in a touchy mood just now! 

• Like 1

Just my opinion but I don't think organised contact sports (and for that matter indoor sports) will get a green light anytime soon. I imagine in the next month or so there might well be relaxation of lockdown to allow golf, tennis, fishing and the likes, but even then there'll be stern restrictions. I can't see the logic in allowing closed door professional football to be played when kids are not permitted to have a kick about in the park. Besides it would send out the wrong signals.

Furthermore the practicalities make any early restart highly unlikely. Evidently a handful of top tier clubs would struggle to put out a side due to a lack of players contracted to their club. It's fair then to assume that sort of difficulty will be more prevalent as you go down the divisions. Then there's the pre season requirements. Two or three decades ago, when players reported back all they did was running and more running followed by a handful of friendlies. Far more complex these days. 

Further down the road I think three leagues of 14 could be advantageous if football does restart later this year. That leaves an option to finish early after 26 fixtures and before any "splits". That's also based on the assumption that the current half way stage of 22-18-18-18 games is deemed too little.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett