Keep Supporting The Club £££

Lambies Lost Doo

15 hours ago, Big Col said:

Just reading about what some other clubs are expected to do. Looks like the shareholders and directors will be digging deep to keep their clubs afloat.

So I imagine we’ll be the same?

That is all well and good. But what if these owners businesses start struggling? The money will dry up. 

On 3/14/2020 at 6:17 PM, Alan Murray said:

If it is 200k then we will need to get some cash flow into the club or we are in trouble, Think the club will be working on something but the problem is we can't hold fundraising events. Might need to be online stuff.

We had £600k Cash reserves per last years accounts and were told we were running a financially responsible and prudent balanced budget.

Times like these are exactly why you need cash reserves, so I am glad we apparently have that buffer.

The problem as I see it is the people that will be asked to contribute will include many who have reduced income themselves.

2 hours ago, jaf said:

We had £600k Cash reserves per last years accounts and were told we were running a financially responsible and prudent balanced budget.

Times like these are exactly why you need cash reserves, so I am glad we apparently have that buffer.

The problem as I see it is the people that will be asked to contribute will include many who have reduced income themselves.

All depends how much of that is left after 2 transfer windows, sacking a management team and paying compo to Ayr for a new manager 

On 3/14/2020 at 6:01 PM, Alan Murray said:

Anybody got a good guess what the remaining 5 home games would have brought in after expenses? 

I always think about £10 net per person attending. So 2500 crowd pulls in £25,000. Probably an underestimation and I see Gerry Britton is talking about a £150,000 hit. I think we could absorb that and if was the difference between the club surviving or not then we would get enough people to donate. If games are played, for example, in June then we are only delaying income received. Biggest worry is if we don't re-start games till after the summer or even know when things will re-commence.  We'll struggle to continue paying player contracts and other outlays by late summer without serious donating. By that time there will be other clubs that will have fallen.

On 3/13/2020 at 2:08 PM, Lambies Lost Doo said:

The club relies heavily on fans through the gates.  With the shutdown we need to keep helping things to tick along.  Season ticket sales will help but here are other ways to help.

Join or increase your subscription to Centenary Fund

http://ptfc.co.uk/fans/centenary-fund/join-the-centenary-fund/

Sponsor a player at a reduced rate.  Could we do a message board collection?

http://ptfc.co.uk/product-category/playersponsorship/

Merchandise

http://www.teamwearscotland.com/category/professional-football-clubs/partick-thistle/

Online Shopping

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/

I'll happily join Centenary Fund and contribute what I save by cancelling my Sky Sports subscription. 

Edited by AirdrieJag

I am sure that every Thistle fan will support the club the best they can. Fans on this forum have contributed a lot like sponsoring players, either  on their own or via Bowen Boys competitions, also some on the forum buy season tickets knowing they will not use them or only get  to a few games in the season. But the next few months or longer are going to be very uncertain for most of us and some sadly could end up in a worst financial position than they currently are and they could suffer health wise as well. Lets hope everybody with connections to Thistle and Thistle as a club come through  this.

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Propco was bought by 3BC

The club owned 49% approx

The club should have been paid for the sale.

Thats not a conspiracy, that’s a fact

Think it’s a lot more complex than that Norge ( Colin Weirs passing , Colin Weirs estate and tax implications into the bargain.)

I’m not sure what Jaqui Lowes input is in all of this

38 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I am sure that every Thistle fan will support the club the best they can. Fans on this forum have contributed a lot like sponsoring players, either  on their own or via Bowen Boys competitions, also some on the forum buy season tickets knowing they will not use them or only get  to a few games in the season. But the next few months or longer are going to be very uncertain for most of us and some sadly could end up in a worst financial position than they currently are and they could suffer health wise as well. Lets hope everybody with connections to Thistle and Thistle as a club come through  this.

Well said AJ

There's a long road ahead, many months of uncertainty. When this all shakes down we will see what needs to be done to support PTFC. Then we'll come out fighting.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Think it’s a lot more complex than that Norge ( Colin Weirs passing , Colin Weirs estate and tax implications into the bargain.)

I’m not sure what Jaqui Lowes input is in all of this

When it was bought (Propco) a value should have been paid over, this was 5 weeks before he passed on. I’m sure the other stakeholders were paid or they wouldn’t have handed over their stake in it.

7 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Propco was bought by 3BC

The club owned 49% approx

The club should have been paid for the sale.

Thats not a conspiracy, that’s a fact

This was something I asked about previously. And was given an answer about guesswork. Was the original deal that 3BC bought the shares in Propco gave the money to all the shareholders AND then returned the property to PTFC? To me that doesn't sound right. Fantastic if it was but sounds improbable. More likely the deal was for 3BC to buy out the other shares and then return the ground to Thistle.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Guys can we get this back on track please?  There are other threads for the ownership debate.  Even selfishly for myself it's given me a wee boost.

2 pledges to join Centenary Fund

7 pledges for player sponsorship

1 additional purchase in club shop

2 Nomads looking to donate 

Any more?

Centenary fund for me today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scotty said:

This was something I asked about previously. And was given an answer about guesswork. Was the original deal that 3BC bought the shares in Propco gave the money to all the shareholders AND then returned the property to PTFC? To me that doesn't sound right. Fantastic if it was but sounds improbable. More likely the deal was for 3BC to buy out the other shares and then return the ground to Thistle.

But the ground also hasn’t been transferred either.

The statement said that 3BC had (1) bought the ground (2) would gift it back to the club immediately 

(1) That requires paying all the shareholders of which the club is the biggest single shareholder. That would mean transferring the £900k to the club.

(2) This still hasn’t happened so the club now owns less of the club than during Propco

For the avoidance of doubt, 3BC whilst being the major shareholder in the club is not the club. That £900k and the ground is owed to the club which is made of many shareholders, including both Trusts and many many fans who are smaller shareholders.

I ask again for any members of either trust what is your stance on this.

One more point, what is 3BC purpose anymore after Colin Weir passed on? It does not donate anymore or make anymore, I wonder if the director of 3BC takes a wage and this has an impact on not passing over the shares, as without holding onto the clubs shares and ground the actual existence of 3BC would likely cease.

None of this impacts on my thoughts to help the club if I can and if it genuinely needs it, but let’s ask where that significant income from sale of assets went first before we scrimp at this hard time

5 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Guys can we get this back on track please?  There are other threads for the ownership debate.  Even selfishly for myself it's given me a wee boost.

2 pledges to join Centenary Fund

7 pledges for player sponsorship

1 additional purchase in club shop

2 Nomads looking to donate 

Any more?

Hi LLD,

Please let me know how and when to pay.

Also, does anyone know if I should be able to download the Centenary Fund Standing Order Form, write to it and email it straight back, without printing it.

The download is a pdf and I can't save as a work sheet.

Working from home and have no printer.

Thanks

Cotter

14 hours ago, CotterJag said:

Hi LLD,

Please let me know how and when to pay.

Also, does anyone know if I should be able to download the Centenary Fund Standing Order Form, write to it and email it straight back, without printing it.

The download is a pdf and I can't save as a work sheet.

Working from home and have no printer.

Thanks

Cotter

Same her LLD re payment.  

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

ways to help the club financially .... just donated 

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/partick-thistle-fc-fans-offer-financial-support/

me too just there - cost of a PATG ticket - will look to donate again as this goes forward month by month 

could have done with the interweb for donations back in the day when we were shaking save the jags buckets in the p*shing rain!

my thanks to all jags fans for setting up online donation vehicles for the club :thumbsup2: