Keep Supporting The Club £££

Lambies Lost Doo

3 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Looked to buy a season ticket yesterday, but £310 for a season ticket in the 3rd tier. That seems extreme 

I assume they're hoping reconstruction will keep us in 2nd tier.

I'm not holding my breath.

6 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I thought it was £290. Do you think reconstruction will fail

I have always thought reconstruction is almost certainly doomed to fail.

Too many conflicting self-interests to arrive at a compromise.

Plus the Prem clubs just don't want it, and neither do the SPFL board and execs, as revealed now in one of the details in Rangers' dossier.

40 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

surely a man of your means won't quibble over 20 notes, that is the price of a pint in Norway lol

As reconstruction is now off the table, £310 for a ST is excessive 

Oh and I get a pint for £6 in Norway as I know the bar staff 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Looked to buy a season ticket yesterday, but £310 for a season ticket in the 3rd tier. That seems extreme 

First of all we shouldn’t be in the third tier only in Scotland would these decisions be considered appropriate.  We can’t stand back and accept this and in my opinion need to respond in two ways firstly support the club financially as much as we can ( I suggest not getting hung up up over £20 quid as a start) and secondly boycotting the rest of the SPFL ie not attending away matches league or cup or supporting paid channels (Sky, Virgin etc) and probably the hardest if fortunate to win SPFL league 3 refuse to accept the league trophy or flag (players can collect medals as individual rewards).  We will need to petition the club to accept this but by not doing so we are approving of our fate by default.

We have been s**t on too many times in recent years to just accept this and need to make a stance.

8 hours ago, Metz said:

First of all we shouldn’t be in the third tier only in Scotland would these decisions be considered appropriate.  We can’t stand back and accept this and in my opinion need to respond in two ways firstly support the club financially as much as we can ( I suggest not getting hung up up over £20 quid as a start) and secondly boycotting the rest of the SPFL ie not attending away matches league or cup or supporting paid channels (Sky, Virgin etc) and probably the hardest if fortunate to win SPFL league 3 refuse to accept the league trophy or flag (players can collect medals as individual rewards).  We will need to petition the club to accept this but by not doing so we are approving of our fate by default.

We have been s**t on too many times in recent years to just accept this and need to make a stance.

Measured and good post. Particularly like

1. Not attending away games. 

2. Not accepting championship flag or medal (if we win) - we shouldn't bother attending presentation.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Measured and good post. Particularly like

1. Not attending away games. 

2. Not accepting championship flag or medal (if we win) - we shouldn't bother attending presentation.. 

While i will be very angry if we do find ourselves in the third tier of Scottish football, i do feel not accepting championship flag or medal is a bit like cutting of your nose to spite your face. The best way to get back at the teams who voted us down is to get up the leagues and get back to being a strong and competitive team at the highest level possible.

To put an optimistic slant on our current predicament, it gives us the chance to win another league championship or two.

An opportunity that has been denied to all the self-preserving, serial mid-table mediocrity clubs like Aberdeen, Motherwell, St. Johnstone, etc. in many decades.

These clubs will never see a league flag unfurled, unless they go to Parkhead or, less likely, Ibrox.

How their fans motivate themselves at the start of yet another season they can't possibly win utterly defeats me.

Let's get it right up the lot of them!

7 minutes ago, Rid Skwerr said:

To put an optimistic slant on our current predicament, it gives us the chance to win another league championship or two.

An opportunity that has been denied to all the self-preserving, serial mid-table mediocrity clubs like Aberdeen, Motherwell, St. Johnstone, etc. in many decades.

Yeah I'm sure they'd swop their Scottish Cup wins / European appearances for the chance to win a league comprising Forfar, Cove Rangers, Peterhead etc.

If ever a statement summed up a tinpot club that's it.

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

While i will be very angry if we do find ourselves in the third tier of Scottish football, i do feel not accepting championship flag or medal is a bit like cutting of your nose to spite your face. The best way to get back at the teams who voted us down is to get up the leagues and get back to being a strong and competitive team at the highest level possible.

My view expressed a few times in recent weeks has been just that. Win League 1, and get back to winning games in the championship on our way back to the SPL. However McLennan's open targeting of PTFC for comment (see club"s statement) I feel deserves a response and winning but not accepting the title flag seems appropriate to me. 

I accept your point about nose and face but at least the above action would be a way of saying by demonstration:

1. We should not have been in this League, and

2. The fact that we are is due to your partial, manipulative and shambolic mis-management of Scottish Football. 

I agree wholeheartedly with you and the PTFC Board statement that the best response is to come back a stronger and bigger football club, and soon before the SPL lock us out completely! 

1 hour ago, Rid Skwerr said:

These clubs will never see a league flag unfurled, unless they go to Parkhead or, less likely, Ibrox.

How their fans motivate themselves at the start of yet another season they can't possibly win utterly defeats me.

Let's get it right up the lot of them!

This I totally agree with. Putting my anger to one side our current predictament gives us the opportunity to overhaul the club from top to bottom, clear out the deadwood  and build a squad reminiscent of our last promotion winning squad! A squad that can play agtecking football with pace and purpose throughout the team! 

Oh where did it all go wrong? 

Just bought home and away shirts as a present for my nephew. Good value at a tenner each, for a ten year old kid in Belgium who has no idea what the current kit is. :)

Just wondered though, do you reckon Thistle get any cut from these sales, or have the rights all been sold off?

11 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

If we would have been relegated after 36 games or via play off, fair enough. This is the cost of an unjust expulsion. For those fans who say we would have went down anyway , in the last 10 games before the cancellation of the league QOS got 3 points, Thistle 8 points. So no it was not a forgone conclusion that we would go down.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

If we would have been relegated after 36 games or via play off, fair enough. This is the cost of an unjust expulsion. For those fans who say we would have went down anyway , in the last 10 games before the cancellation of the league QOS got 3 points, Thistle 8 points. So no it was not a forgone conclusion that we would go down.

Naw naw we deserved it cause we are bleeding heart apologists. 100% agree with what you say. If we had been equal games it would still have been hard to swallow but to go down with a game less is astronomical.