New Forum Members Verification

Yellow & Redneck

Long standing forum member, so not a problem for me, but of course sorry to hear about the delays others are experiencing. I am mystified by what takes so long. What is actually being verified?

I am sure that many of us work in situations where anti-money laundering  (AML) and/or protecting vulnerable groups (PVG) clearance is required, but even that can be processed much more quickly by comparison.

I imagine the problem dates back to the outbreak of WCPH-19 (more commonly known as Whocanpeehigher) that has contaminated a few threads over the past few months. It was thought it had been contained when the "New Owner" thread was shut down but it's inexplicably spread to other non related threads.  The Forum's thus had to self isolate itself .

The cure as always is to meticulously wash your hands off any of these threads. Twenty seconds should be more than enough time to do so.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, CrimeWriterJag said:

I had been waiting for months and kept thinking there was a problem. I posted on the Pie and Bovril thread and was approved soon after that. Glad to have the opportunity to take part now. 

Welcome CWJ. You must get plenty of material watching the jags. As a famous Glasgow detective said it is murder at Firhill every week.:getmecoat:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Welcome CWJ. You must get plenty of material watching the jags. As a famous Glasgow detective said it is murder at Firhill every week.:getmecoat:

Other Thistle players with crime writing connections:

Agatha Christie Elliott

Kenny Arthur Conan Doyle

Irvine Sean Welsh

Peter James Craigen

John Jamie Buchan

I first tried to join the forum in 2014. I had lots of problems getting through the verification, took months. When I was eventually sent my starting password no matter what I did I couldn't get it to work. I gave up at this point! 

Early last year I tried again to join, got through Pie and Bovril with no problem, and again  stumbled through verification. 

When I finally got through, guess what - turns out according to my profile  I have been a member since 2014!!!