Patrick Thistle Family Club

wrighty

Bowen boys your doing great but to be fair to you and the time your spending on this, think it's time to bring this to a conclusion! 

We should now go for a vote which I think comes down to the following! 

Option 1: Red and Yellow with Logo

Option 2: Partick Thistle Family Club with logo (legible 'Family' version) 

Option 3: Red and Yellow Family (a reasonable compromise between options 1 & 2)

Is everyone happy these are the correct options? 

I vote for option 2 as IMO it really captures the spirit of the 'family' initiative and achieves a good balance between focus on the club and Family! 

I intend buying whatever design we end up taking forward. 

Cheers All. 

I thought BB's first design was a cracker, but wondered what it would look like with the colours wrapped around the family crest. Then got thinking about other options as well.....

image.png.1cc333cbd6366733f0252e50ee9fccea.png

image.png.736b6bf5892272d146b5dd5360ab3e88.png

image.thumb.png.0d2bd90735f04112dbe5ee94d1d19083.png

image.thumb.png.7e5b34b01a5323a5884e50576dc92371.png

Happy to go with BB's original, or any others!

Edited by Jagged Edge

2 hours ago, Jagged Edge said:

I thought BB's first design was a cracker, but wondered what it would look like with the colours wrapped around the family crest. Then got thinking about other options as well.....

image.png.1cc333cbd6366733f0252e50ee9fccea.png

image.png.736b6bf5892272d146b5dd5360ab3e88.png

image.thumb.png.0d2bd90735f04112dbe5ee94d1d19083.png

image.thumb.png.7e5b34b01a5323a5884e50576dc92371.png

Happy to go with BB's original, or any others!

I wish you had said you could do this stuff. Would have saved me a lot of work! :)

Now my head is spinning with all this.

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

Great stuff BB.... I'd happily buy both..... After all costs any idea how much and how much we could get to the club.....

. The gofund page is amazing... Nearly £10,000 after only three days!! 

I have found two ways to do this.

One model is companies such as Teemill where an e-shop is set up on their site. Customers then go to that e-shop and order and pay Teemill directly. The order is then processed and product sent direct to customer. I then receive the money with costs and overheads deducted. I then forward to the club. 

The other company I'm looking at are called Inkthreadable (I know). Customers order through me and I forward orders to Inkthreadable. Processing and dispatch as above. How the payment works I'm not clear about. I have emailed them but don't expect a reply before Monday. I think I just send the cost of printing and postage and retain the balance.

The overheads with Teemill are high. for a t shirt selling at £20 the club would get £3. With Inkthreadable I think the club would get £7 but I will be able to confirm that once I have spoken to them.

With both models it would be a good quality 100% cotton black t shirt. It will be possible to offer both designs (or any design). Could also print onto other apparel, hoodies for instance, and with Inkthreadable on other items too; phone cases, mugs, bags. Designs would have to be tweaked to suit format of each of these items though.

Edited by BowenBoys

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

The club getting 3 quid out of 20 seems doesn't seem like the best way to try to give money to the club... Seven isn't much better, it could be argued, but it's a bit better.

Take the point and it's well made. 

I think though that given the time and energy already devoted to this subject we should go forward.  I also think we should rely on and support BBs judgement here. 

Its likely all of the contributers to this thread help the club in other ways so to some extent the tee shirt is not principally about raising money but just as much about demonstrating (by wearing the tee shirt) our faith and belief in our Family Value and all that these entail. 

For example and in response to the current emergency my main support for the club will be through the Centenary Fund which I decided last week to join.

16 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

I have found two ways to do this.

One model is companies such as Teemill where an e-shop is set up on their site. Customers then go to that e-shop and order and pay Teemill directly. The order is then processed and product sent direct to customer. I then receive the money with costs and overheads deducted. I then forward to the club. 

The other company I'm looking at are called Inkthreadable (I know). Customers order through me and I forward orders to Inkthreadable. Processing and dispatch as above. How the payment works I'm not clear about. I have emailed them but don't expect a reply before Monday. I think I just send the cost of printing and postage and retain the balance.

The overheads with Teemill are high. for a t shirt selling at £20 the club would get £3. With Inkthreadable I think the club would get £7 but I will be able to confirm that once I have spoken to them.

With both models it would be a good quality 100% cotton black t shirt. It will be possible to offer both designs (or any design). Could also print onto other apparel, hoodies for instance, and with Inkthreadable on other items too; phone cases, mugs, bags. Designs would have to be tweaked to suit format of each of these items though.

Why not a Glasgow firm to help a local business keep their staff employed during this time?

3 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

The club getting 3 quid out of 20 seems doesn't seem like the best way to try to give money to the club... Seven isn't much better, it could be argued, but it's a bit better.

The two problems with this initiative are stock and distribution.

When jagfox and I did the Doolan scarves it was a much easier model than this. Firstly, the scarves were one size. Therefore, we could order a large batch and get a good discount. With t shirts there is the problem of sizing. It is possible to order a large batch of mixed sizes but in what proportion would you order? You risk being stuck with excess M or XL stock. This would eat into the profit. Secondly, and this is a big one, distribution. With the scarves we were able to carry large bags of scarves to Firhill to distribute to those who had purchased. It was easy*. When the t shirt idea became serious (seems like weeks ago but it's probably days),  I thought of enlisting the help of a few folk in different areas to act as distribution points. Right now that is just not going to happen. I could have all the shirts delivered here and post out individually. I did that for a few Nomads with scarves. On a large scale it is a big deal. Pre-paid postage, printing labels, getting them to Post Office, dealing with problems of missing orders. I don't have headspace for that at the moment.

Therefore, the idea of each person placing an individual order (either directly or via me) and dispatch being handled by the printer seems like the best option at the moment.

It would be possible to increase the amount the club receive by printing on to poorer quality garments and still charging £20. Of course, the whole point of this is fundraising for the club but I see this particular part of the initiative as more than that. People get a nice piece of kit that they would actually want to wear and the club get some money too. Folk are being really generous with their funding of the club by various means at the moment. This is one more option with the bonus of having something to wear on those long summer evenings stuck in the house :blink:

There are advantages too. We are not stuck with just one design (and the creative juices are well and truly flowing on WAT at the moment :fan:) or one garment.

* It wasn't really :)

23 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

Why not a Glasgow firm to help a local business keep their staff employed during this time?

I completely agree. Unfortunately, I haven't found a local company that operates in the way I think this needs to be done (see above).

18 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Many things are possible

hoodie.thumb.png.882917a55367d1e4a07d9a07fa4b94e8.pnghat.thumb.png.f1270c74d6e421bd0aa5c66373c73acc.png

mug.thumb.png.f5f91d5da40741cd93d0dfe401722d2d.png

1809203923_Phonecase.thumb.png.e3c95d30f622843224cba36e819a91f1.png

bag.thumb.png.ddeab04b83a546cba32ed1de9848f46d.png

We seem to be developing a whole new brand of products. 

Would be good to patent these and also produce same for ugly sisters. Wouldn't that be satisfying getting the ugly sisters to fund the revival and growth of PTFC!!

Apoligies if this is considered sacrilegious - just a thought. 

• Like 1

Hi guys I run a youths football academy

In Glasgow 

We get t / shirts embroidery done and mostly anything else you want done in a shop in shettleston road  

Sports and leisure wear 

Is the name of the shop 

T/shirts  . bags  etc 

Tommy macmillan does the badges used to be £1 a badge + set up fees 

Although that was a while ago 

Hope this helps