Patrick Thistle Family Club

wrighty

1 hour ago, a f kincaid said:

Just an observation. Would it not be better if the word "family" was actually readable?  Looks like my doctor's signature! Different font perhaps?

Agree. That design by BB with ‘Family’ in a different font 

54 minutes ago, Emsca said:

Well done BB.

Personally , I prefer this design- less obvious / more understated- just like myself!

Would definitely buy  a t shirt with this on it.  

The genesis of this idea was a couple of years ago. I wanted to create a design that was understated, not the usual football top. I came up with the Red/Yellow idea. I think I even showed an early design on the forum. But then fundraising fatigue hit me.
When Lambies Lost Doo started the Keep Supporting The Club £££ thread, I dusted it off. I changed the design adding the legend 'STJ2020'. It stood for Support The Jags with an obvious nod to Save The Jags in '98. I even ordered a sample t shirt printed with the logo to see what it looked like. The next morning the club announced that it would now be called Family Club which rather changed things.
So the new design is less understated (more stated?) than before but befitting of the time.

16 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

The genesis of this idea was a couple of years ago. I wanted to create a design that was understated, not the usual football top. I came up with the Red/Yellow idea. I think I even showed an early design on the forum. But then fundraising fatigue hit me.
When Lambies Lost Doo started the Keep Supporting The Club £££ thread, I dusted it off. I changed the design adding the legend 'STJ2020'. It stood for Support The Jags with an obvious nod to Save The Jags in '98. I even ordered a sample t shirt printed with the logo to see what it looked like. The next morning the club announced that it would now be called Family Club which rather changed things.
So the new design is less understated (more stated?) than before but befitting of the time.

Happy with either BB, just let us know where to send the £.

Well done again.

32 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

BB, I wonder if sometime down the line there might be someone making those enamel pins? I think your design would be a winner

PTFC- pin.jpg

I agree, would look nice. I have made enquiries.

Because of the detailed design they would not be traditional enamel badges but printed and resin coated onto metal. Again, because of the detail, they would be quite large 25x75mm. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jaggy said:

Ok, first I’ve ever uploaded and shared on YouTube so give it a try and let me know if it works or not

Jags on News at 10

Thanks for doing this Jaggy :worship:. After spending all of yesterday afternoon and going to 3 different supermarkets, just to try and get the basics and seeing so many empty shelf's , it shows how selfish people can be. Seeing Thistle doing this shows the other side and i am extremely proud of our club for doing this. :fan::worship:

• Like 1

Ok, take a look at these. 

Have simplified option1. I'm an amateur at this and it's hard to create something that looks good with the crossing out thing.

PTFC2crop.thumb.png.08ffa6de205cdc7ddfd9b60dd3158e3f.png

Have reduced the size of the club logo in option 2

PTFC1crop.thumb.png.0bda239a2d07fdfd5c3a9e31022e03d4.png

For what it's worth, I'm in favour of Option 2.  I think that Option 1 is very pertinent right now. By the time we can actually go out in public wearing it, it will be a symbol of dark times that we would rather put behind us. Option 2 is also linked to today but that fact is much less prominent. 

That's one opinion but I need your views. I need to know if this is viable at all and if so, which one will sell.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Have simplified option1. I'm an amateur at this and it's hard to create something that looks good with the crossing out thing.

For what it's worth, I'm in favour of Option 2.  I think that Option 1 is very pertinent right now. By the time we can actually go out in public wearing it, it will be a symbol of dark times that we would rather put behind us. Option 2 is also linked to today but that fact is much less prominent. 

That's one opinion but I need your views. I need to know if this is viable at all and if so, which one will sell.

I think option 2 on a good quality black cotton tee would be excellent. I could see long and short sleeved versions being popular.

Edited by ARu-Strathbungo
grammar ..... again!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Both great but option 1 for me. 

This emergency will be with us for a while ansd although it will remind us of tough times - my wife and I are just starting a 12 week isolation because, although in good health she has a medical condition that if she became infected would put her at risk - it will remind us of other things. 

It will remind me of how people pulled together to help others. It will remind me how our club and fans were in the vanguard of this 'help' movement. It will remind me of how proud I am to be part of a group of people - football fans in the proper sense who did all this - for club and others. 

GOT TO BE OPTION 1.

4 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Option 1 for me but happy with either and would buy whichever is decided,great work.

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

Both great but option 1 for me. 

This emergency will be with us for a while ansd although it will remind us of tough times - my wife and I are just starting a 12 week isolation because, although in good health she has a medical condition that if she became infected would put her at risk - it will remind us of other things. 

It will remind me of how people pulled together to help others. It will remind me how our club and fans were in the vanguard of this 'help' movement. It will remind me of how proud I am to be part of a group of people - football fans in the proper sense who did all this - for club and others. 

GOT TO BE OPTION 1.

All the best to you and Mrs ej. Get the Monopoly  out, you might just finish it in 12 weeks.

5 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Could you do option 2 with Red & Yellow Family, all in the font of option 2?