Gofund donations... Amazing

wrighty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just £680 to go to hit the first target of £30,000 !

Great company to be in alongside Firhill great, Freddie Frans who continues to the support the Jags and I'm guessing David Thomson QC was either working pro-bono or he's been gifting his fee(s) back to the cause (a couple of times).

On 4/4/2020 at 6:11 AM, Jaggernaut said:

I read somewhere that Raith Rovers fans had already raised more than 40 Grand.

Well done to them!

They are of course on a roll. Straight to the Championship ..do not pass GO.  There supporters will be on a high from a league win and promotion so it stands to reason the till will be ka-chinging.   Well Gel but I suppose they have done there time down the leagues. Hopefully we will collect enough to survive and join them in a few years. Lets get that last £600 sorted by the weekend Jags fans.

On 4/20/2020 at 5:22 PM, AlgarveJag said:

Just £680 to go to hit the first target of £30,000 !

Great company to be in alongside Firhill great, Freddie Frans who continues to the support the Jags and I'm guessing David Thomson QC was either working pro-bono or he's been gifting his fee(s) back to the cause (a couple of times).

Thank you very much Mr Thomson

11 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Considering our playing staff are still being paid, it would be nice if they popped some money in!

I know for a fact that players have made donations as well as ex-players, Ian McCall (on more than one occasion) and other employees.

They have their troubles too with at least half a dozen of them out of contract and the possibility that their income will dry up entirely in a few weeks time with restricted opportunities out there.

We each have to do what we can ourselves.  

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Out of interest, is this being drip fed to the club or will it be handed as a big lump sum at a time when either club needs it or a significant target is met 

Also is the Working group still running and TFE still taking donations, surely now is the time to start pushing forward and change pledges to a pot of cash

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Out of interest, is this being drip fed to the club or will it be handed as a big lump sum at a time when either club needs it or a significant target is met 

Also is the Working group still running and TFE still taking donations, surely now is the time to start pushing forward and change pledges to a pot of cash

No no and no again, the worst thing we can ever do and will do will be a fan owned club. If we wish to be one we need to accept we will be League 1 and Championship at most. The one thing this virus has shown is we need business people in charge with financial clout and muscle to dig us out as and when required.

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

No no and no again, the worst thing we can ever do and will do will be a fan owned club. If we wish to be one we need to accept we will be League 1 and Championship at most. The one thing this virus has shown is we need business people in charge with financial clout and muscle to dig us out as and when required.

We have 2 options

Option 1 allow 3BC to keep control

Option 2 take control for ourselves 

22 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

We have 2 options

Option 1 allow 3BC to keep control

Option 2 take control for ourselves 

Both options are bad IMO - 3BC is run by an egomaniac and taking control will keep that egomaniac in control and bankrupt us. If we were fan controlled right now and didn't have money in the bank from years past that the 3BC egomaniac tried to spend last season on her pal Caldwell, before she was sacked and spending was reigned back in we would be on our knees just now with the covid crisis. And we may still yet be.

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Both options are bad IMO - 3BC is run by an egomaniac and taking control will keep that egomaniac in control and bankrupt us. If we were fan controlled right now and didn't have money in the bank from years past that the 3BC egomaniac tried to spend last season on her pal Caldwell, before she was sacked and spending was reigned back in we would be on our knees just now with the covid crisis. And we may still yet be.

‘Pessimism of the intellect, optimism of the will’  Gramsci 

2 minutes ago, allyo said:

What I'm not clear on is how fan ownership excludes having business people in charge with financial clout and muscle. Does it?

I would hope part of the “model” would be to allow X percent of the shares to be available to an investor. Otherwise it’s 2500 fans that will need to raise any and all the funds when an expansion to budgets is needed, the stadium needs fixing, or wages need paying when no income.

The model needs to be flexible and allow for a change in the future if situation dictates. The current status quo with 3 Black Cats owning the majority of the club and half the ground will not progress the club and leaves us very exposed financially, as I don’t believe Lowe has the financial clout to bail us out if an emergency happens

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

I would hope part of the “model” would be to allow X percent of the shares to be available to an investor. Otherwise it’s 2500 fans that will need to raise any and all the funds when an expansion to budgets is needed, the stadium needs fixing, or wages need paying when no income.

The model needs to be flexible and allow for a change in the future if situation dictates. The current status quo with 3 Black Cats owning the majority of the club and half the ground will not progress the club and leaves us very exposed financially, as I don’t believe Lowe has the financial clout to bail us out if an emergency happens

Basically.  We are fecked. 

2 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Basically.  We are fecked. 

Not if we get the shares, the ground and have a flexibility within the setup. Follow Stirling Albions set up and yes we are, it is basically impossible to allow external investment in return for shares, and impossible to change the set up, hence why they do sponsored car washes etc to make ends meet