Woman and Academy Teams will they survive

Bobbyhouston

This was posted on the Academy Facebook page on 21st March:

Academy Director Update:

‘It’s been just over a week now since all football in scotland was put on hold for the foreseeable future. This has presented numerous challenges for everyone, and we are no different at the academy.

Following the advice of the governing bodies all academy group activity is currently cancelled until further notice but we have been working behind the scenes to ensure all of our staff, players and families will remain active and connected in the weeks ahead.

I contacted all of our staff in the early part of last week to inform them there will be no changes to our staffing or financing in the months ahead and all coaches will remain active (and paid) as we move to an innovative new way of working. We will look after our people as much as we can.

We have also been busy developing a new, innovative online learning resource that will be launched on Monday. Our players and their families will have access to online coaching, training resources and group challenges so our academy community stays connected.

We have had great input from several first team players who will be contributing to our new structure while they continue to train at home. Thanks to all of the guys who have bought into the ideas and contributed so far.

It’s a challenging time for us all but sticking together and staying connected is one way we can all support each other through these challenges.

Our new way of working will be launched on Monday and all players & families will be contacted with further details.

Look after yourselves, your families and those who need support in your local communities. Hopefully see you all soon!

Best wishes,

Scott

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandy said:

I would expect the Academy and Women’s team to re-start when the health outlook improves and sport comes back.

I think that both of these will be necessary for the health and well-being of communities when we come out the other side of this pandemic. Football, at all levels  has been in need of a shake-up for a long time. So, like many areas of society, we should be looking at getting things right from the ( re) start and the womans' and youth set-ups need to be part of this.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, scotty said:

I think that both of these will be necessary for the health and well-being of communities when we come out the other side of this pandemic. Football, at all levels  has been in need of a shake-up for a long time. So, like many areas of society, we should be looking at getting things right from the ( re) start and the womans' and youth set-ups need to be part of this.

Gordon, I agree with what you say, this virus is ripping up the rulebook in many ways, and it would be nice to think that something good might come out of something so destructive. Perhaps the obvious [IMO] would be an opportunity to rearrange football in Scotland better to serve communities, and perhaps one of the more obvious one is the ideas coming from the Juniors / Lowland leagues to establish a functioning pyramid system for men's football and woman's football, this is something I think could benefit the Scottish game massively and move us away from leagues of only 10 teams ………………… or will just end up with the bigots from Govan and the bigots from Parkhead calling the shots?