Funniest Firhill Shoutouts

CrimeWriterJag

With the current lack of action on the pitch, I wanted to celebrate the action off the pitch with your funniest Red and Yellow army shout outs at a game. This is why I love this club so much. Mine is as follows...

A through ball is played for striker Quinton Jacobs (may have been from Albert Craig) but hit too hard and the ball goes out for a goal kick. The guy behind me jumps up and shouts out ‘He’s from Namibia, not f*****g Kenya!’ 

Brilliant . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, CrimeWriterJag said:

A through ball is played for striker Quinton Jacobs (may have been from Albert Craig) but hit too hard and the ball goes out for a goal kick. The guy behind me jumps up and shouts out ‘He’s from Namibia, not f*****g Kenya!’ 

Brilliant . 

Despite Namibia having had faster sprinters than Kenya, sonit must have been a very very long ball if a Kenyan would have got their quicker.

May 2017. The horsing by Aberdeen on the last day of the season

As Scott Wright meandered through what passed for a Thistle defence that day - David Amoo at RWB FFS - for Aberdeen's third, a guy in the JHS howled in anguish

'Aaaaww Thistle get a grip - this is RISIBLE!!!'

Edited by Barney Rubble
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

May 2017. The horsing by Aberdeen on the last day of the season

As Scott Wright meandered through what passed for a Thistle defence that day - David Amoo at RWB FFS - for Aberdeen's third, a guy in the JHS howled in anguish

'Aaaaww Thistle get a grip - this is RISIBLE!!!'

:D"Thistle are risible again!"

On a bad day for Dennis at Tynecastle " McQuade you're no' even funny any mair!!"

I can remember the winger getting harangued for twenty minutes and a fellow fan turning round and saying to the guy "McQuade's no' playin' the day! " to which he strangely got the reply, "Ah well, he SHOULD be!!".

The  fickleness of football supporting.

Not AT a game but still funny. Bertie Auld before an evening fixture had been going on at the press that he would be playing the old 2, 3 ,5 system. 

The beginning of the game turned out truly awful for the Jags prompting Ian Archer to observe in the Herald that "Thistle were at their more usual formation of sixes and sevens!

We have all seen that too often over the years!

Not at Firhill and very recently. Blackpool Jag's shout out comment at the Maryhill Juniors v Jags All Stars fundraiser. As usual for games involving retired ex players revolving substitutions were employed. Our then manager Gary Caldwell played in this game. Younger and fitter than most of his teammates, Caldwell was playing down the right wing when BJ yelled out "For Christ's sake, Gary. You're even playing yourself out of position!!!!"

• Like 3

Not a shout out. Before disabled were allowed to use the North stand/John Lambie stand, wheelchair users  used the enclosure at the front of the old main stand. So with Robert being a wheelchair user this is where we always went. For years i used to take a radio and keep in touch with other scores. On a number of occasions the subs warming up stopped and asked me scores from other games. 

One of the many sponsors of the League Cup was CIS Insurance, with a knock-out format from the start. Thistle were dumped out of the cup at Firhill in July by Alloa Athletic. On the way out, a fan shouted "yer insurance is rubbish, anyway!"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, marcia blaine said:

“Fulton, you’re a waste of two jerseys!”

And more recently in the John Lambie stand from an apoplectic punter: “This is PATHETICAL!”

Bloody loved the fact that we had such a waster as Fulton. Cheers Bunnet

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sivad said:

One of the many sponsors of the League Cup was CIS Insurance, with a knock-out format from the start. Thistle were dumped out of the cup at Firhill in July by Alloa Athletic. On the way out, a fan shouted "yer insurance is rubbish, anyway!"

That was similar to Almondvale, as Livingston went through their umpteenth administration, despite having apparently wealthy backers.

Intelligent Finance, you're having a laugh!

Rugby Park about 40 years ago so the references might be "of their time" and have not aged well but, warm late April day a nothing to play for game, Killie already relegated and we were safe, tiny crowd -about 1,300 everyone sitting on the terracing steps. Finished 1-0 with George Clark scoring our winner but crowd had to make its own entertainment as it was a dreary game. 

First Thistle fan "Here, that ambulance man looks like a spy"

His pal retorts quick as a flash "Aye, Tinker, Tailor,  Soldier,  Ambulance man"  

Later on the ball bounced onto the terracing and rolled down to the track where a policeman picked it up and dutifully returned it to the field of play accompanied by the comment from a reclining Jags fan " I'm convinced this is a major step forward in road safety" - older supporters might get that reference I suppose!

I guess you had to be there but the comments have stayed with me all this time as they were by far the  most entertaining part of the day.

• Like 1