Funniest Firhill Shoutouts

CrimeWriterJag

15 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Talking of great goals. As a youngster I used to marvel at Ronnie Glavin's free kicks. Scotland's answer to Rivelino.

Glasgow Cup - October 29 1974 - Clyde at Shawfield.  Ronnie took a free kick about 25 yards out - smashed it against the bar - rebounded to R.G. himself who touched it before anybody else but the ref. (I think Ian Foote) didnae realise that that should have resulted in a free kick to the opposition. That was the same game (5-3 for the Jags) when Eddie Prudham terrorised poor wee Willie McVie. For those who don't know, McVie was generally regarded as a dirty big B. Anyway as the teams left the pitch at half-time McVie was complaining to the ref. about Prudham's treatment towards him. Absolutely priceless!

14 minutes ago, QXBoy said:

Glasgow Cup - October 29 1974 - Clyde at Shawfield.  Ronnie took a free kick about 25 yards out - smashed it against the bar - rebounded to R.G. himself who touched it before anybody else but the ref. (I think Ian Foote) didnae realise that that should have resulted in a free kick to the opposition. That was the same game (5-3 for the Jags) when Eddie Prudham terrorised poor wee Willie McVie. For those who don't know, McVie was generally regarded as a dirty big B. Anyway as the teams left the pitch at half-time McVie was complaining to the ref. about Prudham's treatment towards him. Absolutely priceless!

Ah. Prudham. One that got away.

Edited by Garscube Road End

I don't think he was as one that got away GRE. More like one they didn't try hard enough to get.  Auld was in negotiations with Sheffield Wednesday when his loan deal was up. Glavin had just been sold to Celtic for a reported fee of £80k.   Prudham went back to Wednesday and signed for Carlisle United the following day for a reported fee of £35k. I suppose it depends on how much he was given to spend. Either that or we matched the bid but the player wasn't keen to come back up North.

10 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I thought Prudham was fantastic in the few games he played for us, and remember being dejected when we lost him. But.... Joe Craig was hitting good form, and then Dougie Somner slotted in. So in retrospect, I'm happy with the way it turned out! 

Felt the same way at the time but have a feeling we didn't sign Dougie till just after Prudham was recalled. Eddie P didn't exactly set the heather on fire after he left. If I'm right about the timeline then just maybe we wouldn't have signed Somner. 

11 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Felt the same way at the time but have a feeling we didn't sign Dougie till just after Prudham was recalled. Eddie P didn't exactly set the heather on fire after he left. If I'm right about the timeline then just maybe we wouldn't have signed Somner. 

And that would have been a disaster 

Dougie Somner.  What joy he gave us all!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

Donald Dewar told a story told to him by Tony Higgins. 

As Higgins went to take a throw-in from in front of the Shed, fan 1 shouts" C'mon Tony gie us some magic"

As Higgins ran forward, fan 2 shouts " Aye f........... disappear"

I think the original version of that one concerned a certain erratic player, namely one Bobby Houston.

Can Robphil confirm?

• 2 weeks later...

Ross County away.... Erskine on the halfway line facing towards our goal, receives a pass and lets just say it gets away from him, eventually gets the ball under control just outside our box.  Expecting to hear the …' you could not trap a bag of cement', but as the game was around xmas,  some wag (not his wife) suggested that someone should get him a sat-nav for xmas. 

• Like 1

Watching the KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken?) game reminded me of another 5-2 victory. OK not at Firhill but who else remembers Tynecastle. We're singing "5-1 to the Thistle, 5-1 to the Thistle, 5-1 to the Thistle" - Hearts score - No pause in the singing - "5-2 to the Thistle, 5-2 to the Thistle, 5-2 to the Thistle," A happy day.

I remember at Firhill v scumdee when Jim Duffy was manager.

A Dundee defender when down on the pitch holding his head....

someone shouts “wake him up and told him he’s Jim Duffy” Dundee bench were laughing.

At Brockville Park wee Kelvin ‘ crunchie’ McAllister was taking a throw in as a wags shouts...

”Oi McAllister ur a f@#kin mutant...” he nearly fecked up by laughing.....

That was the same game where they had a goalie (Tony Parks) who had a wee drink problem (allegedly)

A guy spent the whole 2nd half shouting out drinks orders at him....

” Two pints of larger and a gin and tonic “
“ aaaaa  pint of heavy and a half”

”Two vodka and coke”     Brilliant timing 

• Haha 1