SPFL Restructuring Document

javeajag

33 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

What the hell is that overthought convoluted pish all about? Please tell me that is a joke haha

Making sure they get 4 bigot derbies in. They will probably try and get their colt teams in as well.

Edited by Auld Jag

Whit - So finish 9th in the Premiership before the split then you just start from scratch again on parity again with the rest and another 2 teams from the league below? I can't be bothered reading below that.

Edit : 'Further two to be added from same or Colt teams'.  Aye right.

Edited by One t in Scotland

So we could have the scenario, based on this season, that after split DU and AU go up to play send half of season with bottom 6 from PL, absolutely bomb and DU end up bottom and  AU lose the playoff and get relegated to the league they were in after 14 games, while ICT 'win' post split league, get a trophy and Dungdee win playoff and go up after having the benefit of playing arguably 2 weaker teams after the top 2 leave the set-up. Sporting integrity...…..

40 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Leaving aside the ludicrously convoluted top two divisions- why on earth have 2 regionalised bottom divisions of 10 playing each other 4 times rather than a single bottom division of 20 playing each other twice. We're not exactly a huge country. I suspect I know what the fans would prefer.

I can understand the north south split. It is a hell of a journey for a part time  Stranraer to goto Brora for a midweek game in January. Players would also need to take extra time off work from their day jobs.

57 minutes ago, Jaggydave said:

So we could have the scenario, based on this season, that after split DU and AU go up to play send half of season with bottom 6 from PL, absolutely bomb and DU end up bottom and  AU lose the playoff and get relegated to the league they were in after 14 games, while ICT 'win' post split league, get a trophy and Dungdee win playoff and go up after having the benefit of playing arguably 2 weaker teams after the top 2 leave the set-up. Sporting integrity...…..

or a scenario where Ayr play ICT in the final game pre split, where the winner goes to join the PL bottom 6 and the loser stays to challenge for the Championship. Both are scoring own goals trying to lose and therefore have the better chance of promotion next season.

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

Is this document in any way official, or has somebody just cobbled it together to get a reaction?

Of course these are not mutually exclusive possibilities.

"Laughing stock" is an overused cliche, but it doesn't even come close to what Scottish football would be if this came to pass.

Yes it’s a consultation document from the spfl ....doesn’t mean it will be accepted 

I can understand the League 1 split between north and south as this would help with travel for teams who are a majority of part time players, but the idea that splitting the Championship in the same manner as the Premier would have us assume the present Premier League 'top six / bottom six' split is popular and makes for good quality football. It's not popular and it doesn't produce quality football.

• Like 1