Season Tickets - Now On Sale

AlgarveJag

I hope we dont end up using a lot of the cash that comes in from the s.t. sales to get us through this time and end up with a smaller budget next season. I suppose needs must I just hoped we are better equipped than most to deal with this. Most other teams of our size I mean.

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

Oh my! Not even got full value for this season and they are on sale already? Cringe.

I understand how you feel GRE (we don't even know who we'll be playing) but I'll be renewing mine, as today (for me) it's about supporting my club and the people employed there that are giving back to the community at this very difficult time.  And I accept that I'm fortunate enough to be able to do this ahead of the time that I'd have done it anyway (and I won't be paying for flights for a few months either :no:).  

Proud to be a Jag at the moment (and not just because we're undefeated since Valentines Day) :fan:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AlgarveJag said:

I understand how you feel GRE (we don't even know who we'll be playing) but I'll be renewing mine, as today (for me) it's about supporting my club and the people employed there that are giving back to the community at this very difficult time.  And I accept that I'm fortunate enough to be able to do this ahead of the time that I'd have done it anyway (and I won't be paying for flights for a few months either :no:).  

Proud to be a Jag at the moment (and not just because we're undefeated since Valentines Day) :fan:

Haha. Undefeated since Valentine's Day. Good one.  Of course it is a personal thing to buy/ renew the season ticket and I fully respect that. After all, what people do with their money is their business. I for one won't be renewing 

Edited by Garscube Road End

I see other teams are following suit now with Motherwell announcing that their 20/21 season tickets are now available with free entry into either their first UEFA or Scottish Cup game included depending on what happens to league conclusion and European football.

Caramel wafer, anyone?

Edited by AlgarveJag
typo

Too many unknowns for me to make that financial commitment right now. We’ve no idea what league we’ll be in , we’ve no idea what clubs we’ll be playing, we’ve no idea what the squad will look like, we’ve no idea what Scottish football will look like. Will there still be 42 cubs? Will PTFC still be there?

I have never been a season ticket holder. Earlier in my life it was a question of being able to afford one and later a question of time and living away from Glasgow. I have also not been a regular contributer to any of the club's revenue streams. The  exception is the purchase of club merchandise for my grandsons and myself and a financial contribution years ago when we were in danger of going out of business. So  basically I was just a fan who went to games. 

This national crisis is extreme and is not only a challenge for us all but also a time for reflection. As a result I have decided to follow the example of fans on this thread and make a bigger financial commitment to the club I love and have followed all my life.  I am of course fortunate that I can do this but compared to others my commitment hasn't over the years been enough. 

In additional to joining the Centenary Club (still to be finalised) I have decided to buy a season ticket. All the uncertainties mentioned by Big Col and others are of course valid but for me AlgarveJag has got it right - it's about supporting our club. It's also about doing our bit to make sure, at the end of this crisis, there is a club still to support! 

Thank you all for helping me make up my mind about this. I can look forward to a 12 hour round trip for every home game + lots Jags wins!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased, but oh, they don't half make it difficult! Such a reluctant interface, and unwilling to yield until after several attempts. For anyone thinking of buying but not renewing - seriously, wait until you can get someone on the phone. The online graphics look nice, but they don't correspond to the position you might be aiming for.