Interview with Ian Wright , Chair of Working Group

javeajag

it is lazy but sadly that's the nature of journalism these days - it took a whole month to get it written up and/or published and it still wasn't checked for veracity.

I did wade through it and found some of Ian Wright's comments interesting.

"My vision of the future is involving all of the Partick Thistle fans in a community structure, getting them to feel and realise that this is their club," he said. "That’s what Colin Weir has left us, he’s left us a football club. That will be his legacy. What we have to do is convert somebody who turns up to watch Thistle now and again to believe fully that Thistle is their club, that ‘We Are Thistle’ could not be any truer.

then consider Ian McCall quoted elsewhere in the same rag (...concerned SPFL will be unable to complete season)...

"Some clubs are worried about the financial future, but I feel in these situations, if you have a group of fans who boo and shout abuse, they are the ones who gather round when there is trouble. They are on the phones wanting to help and rally around. I think it is an irony that the unhappy ones are the ones wanting to help and it is fantastic."

We are in incredibly interesting and unusual times as a football, sorry, family club.

How we react to fan ownership and how we pull together in the coming months may well define the future of PTFC.  The fans, as always, have a massive role to play and the idea that we can criticise our team and boo them on the park yet support them to the hilt as they are part of our family is very important.

We can no longer sit back and complain about Us v Them.  This truly is OUR club and it's time for everyone to take responsibility for that.

Hi guys, I’m the lazy journalist who wrote the piece. Sorry, but I don’t see what the problem is with my intro? We were relegated in 2017/18 and stayed up on the final day of the season last year. If we had went down, that would have been back-to-back relegations. We didn’t, so we survived that outcome. What’s the issue?

James

Hi guys, I’m the lazy journalist who wrote the piece. I’m sorry to hear you had problems with it but I’m a little confused. We were relegated in 2017/18 and spent much of last season fighting another relegation. We stayed up on the last day of the season, but if we had gone down then that would have been back-to-back relegations. We didn’t do that, so we survived that outcome. What is the issue?

James

On 4/7/2020 at 12:04 PM, JAGSMAN1968 said:

Starts off with : "The last 12 months have been remarkably eventful for Partick Thistle, to say the least. In that time the Firhill club have survived back-to-back relegations."

Stopped reading there and then! usual lazy journalism.

Why is it lazy ? It is less than 12 months ago that we beat QotS and in doing so avoided back to back relegations.

• Like 1