Season tickets will bomb if relegated

Bobbyhouston

18 minutes ago, Bobbyhouston said:

We simply cannot accept a 2nd relegation due to rule changes we simply cannot 

We are not accepting it, but on our own we can't do anything. We will need to join forces with other teams. I still think league reconstruction is the way they will go.

2 hours ago, Big Col said:

We’ve shafted ourselves by not being good enough to be higher in the league. If we were sitting mid table this wouldn’t be an issue. It’s our fault that we’re staring relegation in the face.

I can’t believe any fan is ok with us getting relegated without having the chance to finish the season. We have 9 games left - thats 1/4 of the season.

But look at what we’ve done in the season so far. It’s been a shocker and there is no evidence to suggest that we would be playing any better, keeping clean sheets, defending better or scoring more goals than we did in the previous quarter. We had a chance to get off bottom spot when we played QoS and the players shat it. Again. Just like they have so many times this season.

If it were Morton or QoS  that were bottom, I wonder how many people would be on here saying it was unfair to relegate them? I’d wager that it would be very few, if any.

Edited by Big Col

2 hours ago, Big Col said:

We’ve shafted ourselves by not being good enough to be higher in the league. If we were sitting mid table this wouldn’t be an issue. It’s our fault that we’re staring relegation in the face.

What about Hearts they are four points behind with no games in hand should they also not be relegated.

what about Motherwell who has played 36 games saved by the10,000 seats rule that was forgotten about the following season at our expense and look at them now

tge Authorities are deliberately hanging us out to dry because they think they can get away with it. That they are not doing it to hearts tells it’s own story

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

What about Hearts they are four points behind with no games in hand should they also not be relegated.

what about Motherwell who has played 36 games saved by the10,000 seats rule that was forgotten about the following season at our expense and look at them now

tge Authorities are deliberately hanging us out to dry because they think they can get away with it. That they are not doing it to hearts tells it’s own story

Agree. If Hearts are bottom because the league cannot be completed, there will be league reconstruction to save Hearts imo. Of course that would save us as well.

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Yes they should. Worst team in the league and therefore should go down. If that doesn’t happen then Scottish football loses all credibility. 

5 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Yes they should. Worst team in the league and therefore should go down. If that doesn’t happen then Scottish football loses all credibility. 

So last season, with one game to go we should have been in the playoff ?

It doesn’t matter where you are after 1, 10, 27 or 35 games - it’s where you are after 36 that counts.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

The Low affect and relegation could kill us!

When you factor in that there would be Falkirk and us in a league with one automatic promotion spot then your statement has seems more than plausible.

Even if we didn't die we could be in the footballing wilderness for a long time.

2 hours ago, elevenone said:

I don’t necessarily think season ticket sales will plummet, the chip on our soldier mentality might actually galvanise the support.  A lot will depend on how the club handle this so nice to see a statement today.

Agree. Only make a game a season these days, but will be buying a ST for definite if we go down this way.  

2 hours ago, elevenone said:

I don’t necessarily think season ticket sales will plummet, the chip on our soldier mentality might actually galvanise the support.  A lot will depend on how the club handle this so nice to see a statement today.

That is just the usual weak statement we always get, we will do as we are told as we always do!

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

That is just the usual weak statement we always get, we will do as we are told as we always do!

So what do you think we should or can do? Legal? We have little money? Joint legal case with Hearts? Maybe. The bottom line is we are virtually powerless in this situation. 

24 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

So what do you think we should or can do? Legal? We have little money? Joint legal case with Hearts? Maybe. The bottom line is we are virtually powerless in this situation. 

We should grow a pair and actually challenge the authorities, every time we have been ****** over in the past we have released a strongly worded statement and them crawled back into our corner where we belong. What make it worse is our limp wristed fans who say ach well we are bottom we deserve what we get. We are our own worst enemy, just look at Partick Thistle Family Club pish for how weak we are. Utter ******* drivel to sook up the suckers in our support.

7 hours ago, Pinhead said:

We should grow a pair and actually challenge the authorities, every time we have been ****** over in the past we have released a strongly worded statement and them crawled back into our corner where we belong. What make it worse is our limp wristed fans who say ach well we are bottom we deserve what we get. We are our own worst enemy, just look at Partick Thistle Family Club pish for how weak we are. Utter ******* drivel to sook up the suckers in our support.

‘spot on our limp wristed fans are a bloody disgrace when it comes to defending our club, they should stay in and watch repeats of university challenge or go the church fetes 

Edited by Bobbyhouston

I'll be buying one regardless.  With everything going on I really don't care if relegated or not.  We have been terrible for a long time.  More importantly we will be in lockdown for another 4 weeks at least and then over months restrictions will come and go.  Firhill will be a godsend to go to.  To get out the house and with the ability to perform social distancing due to crowd v stadium.   I've been lucky as I have not been severely impacted by the pandemic but it makes you look at things differently.  Don't get me wrong when this ends I'll go back like everyone else to living my own self obsessed life worrying about things that are not that important.  However at this time I have realised  how important the club is to me and I cannot wait to get back to Firhill.  I don't care what league.  I just want to get back.  McCall will get us back up and then we look to push on.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Big Col said:

But look at what we’ve done in the season so far. It’s been a shocker and there is no evidence to suggest that we would be playing any better, keeping clean sheets, defending better or scoring more goals than we did in the previous quarter. We had a chance to get off bottom spot when we played QoS and the players shat it. Again. Just like they have so many times this season.

If it were Morton or QoS  that were bottom, I wonder how many people would be on here saying it was unfair to relegate them? I’d wager that it would be very few, if any.

But its not Morton or QoS , its us and we need to stand up for ourselves , not bend over.