Season tickets will bomb if relegated

Bobbyhouston

43 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

A  club who actually went bust, then reformed as a new club. Do you actually think about what you are posting?

No your right GRE ,  sorry I'll just shut up.

Lets just accept our fate and prepare for life in Division 1.

Whist we are at it - do you still want rid of McCall?  Just checking? There should be loads of spare cash swilling about to pay him and his staff off and then to appoint a new high caliber manager , oh and recruit some smashing players who will be falling over themselves to join a Division 1 club.

4 minutes ago, Emsca said:

No your right GRE ,  sorry I'll just shut up.

Lets just accept our fate and prepare for life in Division 1.

Whist we are at it - do you still want rid of McCall?  Just checking? There should be loads of spare cash swilling about to pay him and his staff off and then to appoint a new high caliber manager , oh and recruit some smashing players who will be falling over themselves to join a Division 1 club.

Ah! Right. Because you've made an arse of yourself over your 'resignation'issue you totally deflect from the issue. What a loser.

51 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Ah! Right. Because you've made an arse of yourself over your 'resignation'issue you totally deflect from the issue. What a loser.

What an aggressive little person you are.

I still think threatening resignation is an option  which should be considered. It might just have more impact than a "strongly worded statement"

I see you body-swerved my question in your usual  delightful manner. A simple yes or no will do.

Just now, Emsca said:

What an aggressive little person you are.

I still think threatening resignation is an option  which should be considered. It might just have more impact than a "strongly worded statement"

I see you body-swerved my question in your usual  delightful manner. A simple yes or no will do.

Your question was irrelevant to what you were going on about. You only asked it to deflect from you making an arse of yourself. And as for resignation ? A mad, daft notion.

3 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Your question was irrelevant to what you were going on about. You only asked it to deflect from you making an arse of yourself. And as for resignation ? A mad, daft notion.

So still no answer to a straight question. Have you ever considered a job in politics?

Maybe it is a mad daft notion, but at least we would be doing something.

Your approach? There's nothing we can do, objecting is a waste of time, where do we sign SPFL and thank you so much for allowing us to play in your wonderful league.

2 minutes ago, Emsca said:

So still no answer to a straight question. Have you ever considered a job in politics?

Your approach? There's nothing we can do, objecting is a waste of time, where do we sign SPFL and thank you so much for allowing us to play in your wonderful league.

As you can't understand plain English I will repeat what I am saying. You only asked a totally different question to the issue you were presenting. So. Pure deflection. All because you took a completely impractical line.

2 minutes ago, Emsca said:

The best plan would be to join with Rangers, Hearts and Falkirk to demonstrate why this is unfair and to come up with an alternative proposal for the distribution of the much needed cash. If it goes to a vote and the SPFL get their 75% then that is probably it, unless Rangers or Hearts were to mount a challenge. We have to face facts and we are not big enough on our own.

• Like 1

Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

The best plan would be to join with Rangers, Hearts and Falkirk to demonstrate why this is unfair and to come up with an alternative proposal for the distribution of the much needed cash. If it goes to a vote and the SPFL get their 75% then that is probably it, unless Rangers or Hearts were to mount a challenge. We have to face facts and we are not big enough on our own.

All of this.

2 hours ago, laukat said:

The back to back promotions under Lambie were great but we had 2 seasons in the 2nd Division before we Lambie got us out of there. At that time we had a board and chairman that we were pretty united behind and who were generally financially competetent. We didn't have a high wage bill or a playing staff on large expensive contracts.

This time around we have J Low and a question mark on ownership as well as a squad on contracts designed to get a return to the premier league. We might also be looking at a scenario where either games are played behind closed doors due ongoing corona virus restrictions or crowds being lower than normal due to being in league 1 and people being nervous due to corana virus in attending football games.

Relegation to league 1 is never great but this time around it could be very problematic for any fulltime club to survive. Whilst resigning from the league is not something we can reasonably do we should be taking forward a joint legal action with Hearts, Falkirk etc to at least sue for compensation/ special parachute payment if this plan goes ahead.

Agree! As I stated before we should mount a joint legal actiont. I forgot about Falkirk and also Brechin. That gives us 7 clubs who might vote against this proposal. We only need 4/5 more to defeat this! What about clubs who miss out because of the absence of play-off games. 

By my reckoning 32 clubs need to vote in favour for this proposal to go ahead so perhaps not as sure a thing as the SPFL hope. 

Thinking of Thistle! I don't know the player contract position or the objectives of Jackie Low but if we do go to League 1 mighten this be an opportunity to overhaul the club from top to bottom and address all the issues we see in the team week in and week out. 

I think McCall has probably got plans already well advanced in the event we were relegated and wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Fox, Bannigan and others leave. 

22 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

All of this.

23 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I agree.

53 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I think Hearts and Rangers will take court action on this , if this happens there is no chance of them implementing their plans IMO

46 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Agree! As I stated before we should mount a joint legal actiont. I forgot about Falkirk and also Brechin. That gives us 7 clubs who might vote against this proposal. We only need 4/5 more to defeat this! What about clubs who miss out because of the absence of play-off games. 

By my reckoning 32 clubs need to vote in favour for this proposal to go ahead so perhaps not as sure a thing as the SPFL hope. 

Thinking of Thistle! I don't know the player contract position or the objectives of Jackie Low but if we do go to League 1 mighten this be an opportunity to overhaul the club from top to bottom and address all the issues we see in the team week in and week out. 

I think McCall has probably got plans already well advanced in the event we were relegated and wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Fox, Bannigan and others leave. 

Unless sacked - which I think extremely unlikely McCall will definitely not leave.

although was never in his contract to do so he took a wage cut when he previously managed us and there was a problem with the amount of money we were losing when Cowan and Hughes were running the club. In addition to mccall, maxwell, Donnelly and McNamara all took wage cuts.  I think mccall will take a wage cut if required.

the situation with players will be completely different of course. I suspect we would hang onto niang and Lyons. I would hope we could hang onto Rudden- due to injury he hasn’t had a settled spell either with us or Plymouth and I suspect that he would be quite happy to settle in league 1 and regain his confidence. Would love to hold onto Graham but don’t know if we could.

if Banzo, fox and oware decided to leave I wouldn’t be overly gutted, as don’t think any have been great shakes this season 

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Unless sacked - which I think extremely unlikely McCall will definitely not leave.

although was never in his contract to do so he took a wage cut when he previously managed us and there was a problem with the amount of money we were losing when Cowan and Hughes were running the club. In addition to mccall, maxwell, Donnelly and McNamara all took wage cuts.  I think mccall will take a wage cut if required.

the situation with players will be completely different of course. I suspect we would hang onto niang and Lyons. I would hope we could hang onto Rudden- due to injury he hasn’t had a settled spell either with us or Plymouth and I suspect that he would be quite happy to settle in league 1 and regain his confidence. Would love to hold onto Graham but don’t know if we could.

if Banzo, fox and oware decided to leave I wouldn’t be overly gutted, as don’t think any have been great shakes this season 

Regards players. Would Docherty still come from Ayr?

6 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

You are an utterly clueless cretin

So what’s the difference in my reply to the poster than to his post , that’s right nothing the same wording with same sentiment, what you want to do is look at the response from majority of our fans , they couldn’t give a fxck wither we get relegated to the junior leagues that sums them up as far as I’m concerned and your shit reply sums you up 

no wonder our club has been shafted previous we have a majority of spineless fans and board members 

1 minute ago, Garscube Road End said:

Regards players. Would Docherty still come from Ayr?

Good question and alas I don’t know the answer.

i would be hopeful that there maybe a few factors in our favour though equally I could be completely wrong, but for what it’s worth here they are:

even relegated I still think we could pay higher wages than Ayr.

there are a couple of teams that have applied for furlough already - Queen of the south and Dundee United.  So far we are guaranteeing to pay full wages till at least end of May - not sure Ayr are.  Even then the uncertainty of COVID19 is still going to affect clubs, we at least appear to have some cash in reserve. Don’t know about Ayr

lastly the mccall factor. He clearly has a good relationship with docherty. Granted mccall has been poor as manager this season for us(while there’s been some factors in this) he hasn’t set the Heather alight for sure. However he was very successful at Ayr and now with a summer and able to ditch some of the underwhelming loans he signed he gets more of a chance to sign his own players and try and create the fighting spirit her had at Ayr.  Kerr is very much an unknown as manager he has relied on McCalls squad, a lot of whom will be away in the summer so he has to sign his own players. He has a mixed bag of results, they were top when he took over though still in playoffs.  He did accumulate 7 defeats in a row in December where a lot of fans were beginning to turn on him.

but truth be known I’ve honestly no idea and would not be too surprised if he didn’t join us

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

Brechin are saved by this proposal. They stated that there will be no relagation or promotion into the SPFL so Brechin will vot quite happily for this.

As far as I can see the only definte no votes are us, Hearts, Stranraer and Falkirk. Rangers will only vote no if the know it will pass despite public statements.

4 minutes ago, Bobbyhouston said:

So what’s the difference in my reply to the poster than to his post , that’s right nothing the same wording with same sentiment, what you want to do is look at the response from majority of our fans , they couldn’t give a fxck wither we get relegated to the junior leagues that sums them up as far as I’m concerned and your shit reply sums you up 

no wonder our club has been shafted previous we have a majority of spineless fans and board members 

I think you confuse "giving a fxck" with being realistic about what we can do. 

6 hours ago, Emsca said:

So for the 3rd time I ask ( respectfully) What is your Plan?

he has no plan he’s just another hipster who thinks it’s hip to follow the Jags , our fan base since 70s, 80s and early 90s has become absolutely laughable, majority could not give a toss what league we played or if we won a game 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Bobbyhouston said:

he has no plan he’s just another hipster who thinks it’s hip to follow the Jags , our fan base since 70s, 80s and early 90s has become absolutely laughable, majority could not give a toss what league we played or if we won a game 

As I said, you are a clueless cretin. Hip to follow Thistle? Fair enough I've been hip for 51 years now. Some going.

8 minutes ago, Bobbyhouston said:

Absolutely nonsense 

In reply to the original poster I’m not convinced season tickets will bomb at all. If we end up being shafted there’s a good chance more of our fans will buy tickets to ensure we survive, climb back up the leagues and hopefully wave at clubs who voted to relegate us  as we go up and they go down like Clyde, Morton, Ayr etc (oh and wouldn’t it be lovely to pinch some of ayrs better players again as icing on the cake)

• Like 1