Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Jaggernaut

Lockdown Amusements and Diversions

Recommended Posts

People might get fed up with tv, Netflix, Youtube, other web surfing, Cluedo, Monopoly, Dragons and Dungeons etc. etc.

Why not post something for people to do here?

To kick it off: the Beatles split up 50 YEARS AGO (Jeezus!!). In this picture there are the titles of 30 Beatles songs. How many can you get?

 

FB_IMG_1586520857060.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly I have too much time on my hands on a Saturday afternoon these days! 

I think I have found 26, 27 if counting 'Cold Turkey' by John Lennon.  The bottom half left segment is doing my head in, just not getting them!

Tried to order in them from the top left to bottom right.

1. She Climbed in the Bathroom Window   2. Blackbird   3. Here Comes the Sun   4. Norwegian Wood     5. Helter Skelter    6. The Fool on the Hill   7. The Long and Winding Road.  8. Glass Onion   9.  Taxman    10. Lovely Rita (Meter Maid)  11. Back in the USSR (Merry-go-round)   12.  Maxwell's Silver Hammer    13. Strawberry Fields    14. Baby You're a Rich Man    15. When My Guitar Gently Weeps   16. Let it Be    17. Ticket to Ride    18. Hello Goodbye   19. Octopus's Garden   20. Yellow Submarine   21. Help   22. Twist and Shout   23. Come Together   24. Penny Lane  25. I Am The Walrus  26. Here There and Everywhere  27. Cold Turkey

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You got a few that I didn't get first time, Jagsfan58. I just couldn't fathom  Baby You're a Rich Man and Let It Be.:worship:

I think bottom left is 27. I'm Only Sleeping, and 28. Fixing A Hole.

Instead of Cold Turkey I think it's just 27. Birthday (from the White Album)

On the helter skelter is 29. Her Majesty

Top left: the doctor could be 30. Dr. Robert, and 24/8 shop sign could be 31. Eight Days A Week.

I was told there were 30 songs.....

What's the object to the left of the yellow car near the top, and do these two together mean something? Maybe just 32. Drive My Car?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good shouts Jaggernaut , can't believe I missed 'Eight days a Week', so obvious now that you have pointed it out.

It will be 'Birthday' with the present, just could not remember that one.  Saw the Turkey and  got stuck on Lennon's 'Cold Turkey'.  

Re 32. Drive My Car,  stumped with this.. looks like a Yellow car in front of what looks like a TV.  Cannot make out the symbols on the side, so that may be part of the clue. 

Also think the bottom left, girl with the stick must mean something. Still stumped though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good shout on She's Leaving Home!

The guy stretching, beside the "not dead" guy: could also be "I'm So Tired" (White album).

Beside that yellow car, is it a tv (I also thought that), or a lorry going in the other direction?

And with the Russians on the roundabout: "Revolution" ?

Guy at bottom left carrying all those tools: Carry That Weight.

Anyway, seems clear that we can find more than 30 titles!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like you have hit on another  three,  agree on "Carry that Weight", "Revolution" is a great shout too, could be two in one with the Russians on the merry-go-round. "I'm so tired "is also a great shout.

I also think you are right, that it is  a lorry going the other way.  Just saw it as a TV!  Still don't have the bloody track though!

Breaking the pic down, think we have most, though possibly there is another if the woman with the baby, next to "Baby you're a Rich Man" is a different track. Then again, possibly some others, hiding in plain sight.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that lorry is a mystery, as is the woman with the baby.

Not to worry...... some of the ones we've already got are also in this one, but there are plenty of new ones here too!

thumbnail_FB_IMG_1586717288086.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are allegedly 70 titles in the 2nd photo! 

Starting top left and going right: 1. Rain, 2. Sun King, 3, The Inner Light, 4. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, 5. Help, 6. Because, 7. Flying (aeroplane), 8. Rocky Raccoon, 9. Across the Universe.

I cant figure out the cloud shapes (with the dollar sign, the face, or the lamp with a moon and stars

Second "row", left to right: 10. Twist and Shout, 11. For No-One, 12. The Long And Winding Road, 13. Fool On The Hill,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some others, just tracks not mentioned before from the first one, as a lot of duplicates:

14. Yesterday ( Today is Tomorrow)  15. Michelle ( Girl with Beret next to Eiffel Tower)  16.  For no One ( 4 with 1 scored out) 17. Golden Slumbers ( Golden  dog sleeping) 18. Revolution (Rise up poster with fist) 19. Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (The Club, Heart and big drum)

 

Some guesses...  20. Paperback writer (Open book) ;  21. Can't Buy me Love (I.O.U. Present); 22. From Me to You (U2 sign);  23. Hello Goodbye (Hello sign)

I'm thinking some clues are to  lyrics which will lead to the title,  as the ones your mention re the dollar sign, , lamp moon and stars just not coming to me as a track., unless some of the more obscure tracks.   

PS. Would never have got: Summer Light.  Where is Rocky Raccoon and Because  as still not seeing them!

 

As struggling I have  found a complete lyrics list. 

https://drbeat.li/album/Bücher/beatles_complete.pdf

As this will be cheating,  I will not post anything I may find until it is clear no one will be adding to the list.  I'll create a left to right list from the top.

 

 

Edited by Jagsfan58

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2020 at 12:01 AM, Jaggernaut said:

There are allegedly 70 titles in the 2nd photo! 

Starting top left and going right: 1. Rain, 2. Sun King, 3, The Inner Light, 4. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, 5. Help, 6. Because, 7. Flying (aeroplane), 8. Rocky Raccoon, 9. Across the Universe.

I cant figure out the cloud shapes (with the dollar sign, the face, or the lamp with a moon and stars

Second "row", left to right: 10. Twist and Shout, 11. For No-One, 12. The Long And Winding Road, 13. Fool On The Hill,

Mr. Moonlight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Mr. Moonlight

Brilliant.

 

13 hours ago, Jagsfan58 said:

Some others, just tracks not mentioned before from the first one, as a lot of duplicates:

14. Yesterday ( Today is Tomorrow)  15. Michelle ( Girl with Beret next to Eiffel Tower)  16.  For no One ( 4 with 1 scored out) 17. Golden Slumbers ( Golden  dog sleeping) 18. Revolution (Rise up poster with fist) 19. Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (The Club, Heart and big drum)

 

Some guesses...  20. Paperback writer (Open book) ;  21. Can't Buy me Love (I.O.U. Present); 22. From Me to You (U2 sign);  23. Hello Goodbye (Hello sign)

I'm thinking some clues are to  lyrics which will lead to the title,  as the ones your mention re the dollar sign, , lamp moon and stars just not coming to me as a track., unless some of the more obscure tracks.   

PS. Would never have got: Summer Light.  Where is Rocky Raccoon and Because  as still not seeing them!

 

As struggling I have  found a complete lyrics list. 

https://drbeat.li/album/Bücher/beatles_complete.pdf

As this will be cheating,  I will not post anything I may find until it is clear no one will be adding to the list.  I'll create a left to right list from the top.

 

 

You mean The Inner Light? Top left, dark guy with bulb inside. Rocky Raccoon: look at the head made of rocks just below and right of the yellow aeroplane.

 

I can also see Piggies, Blackbird, Hey Bulldog, Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey (Phew!), Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the help of the songbook,  I think I have 62 of the 70  though a few are guesses that may not be right.  Not posting atm in case anyone is trying to work them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

18 hours ago, Jagsfan58 said:

With the help of the songbook,  I think I have 62 of the 70  though a few are guesses that may not be right.  Not posting atm in case anyone is trying to work them out.

Hope you prepare the list for when we throw in the towel (which will be soon....)!

I'll Be Back (Terminator pic on the right.)  Love You To

Edited by Jaggernaut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be Back is one of the 62,  beforehand I was wondering how  "The Terminator"  fitted in until I came across the song title.   You worked it out, I didn't! 

I have the list in ordered as best I can across and down the pic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized: the blue bird leaving its cage on the right could be both "Free As A Bird" and "Blue Jay Way."

These ones are really stumping me:

Middle: the two guys with masks and taped mouths

Lower right: The sleeping dog, the guy hiding something or taking it from under a clod of grass, and the tankard thing.

Front right: those three cats!

Front middle: the guy drinking tea

Top left: those cloud formations (especially the dollar sign)

Maybe also the four Beatles' heads sticking out of the submarine......

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×