Club is a disgrace 5 season tickets no more

Bobbyhouston

I haven't really commented on the SPFL shenanigans on the forum as events seem to change daily,  but I'm resigned now  to our fate playing in League 1 next season.

I'm determined though,  that I will give every support to the club that I can , next season and beyond.

The notion that we only visit certain grounds for away matches is one I fully support.  It would great if someone could indicate which games  should be on the 'boycott' list when the league and cup fixtures are published for 2002/21 so we can act in unison and make a real impact which will be noticed.

I urge everyone 'boycotting' to donate their away admission money to our club.  It would be interesting to see how much this accrues over the season.

Please, only apply for a season ticket refund if you really need the money. I know that as a Jags supporter I've often felt like asking for a refund when the games have been played! 

Let's give the team and the management our best support, make Firhill a fortress, and get ourselves back to that top six place - and hold it this time.

Dens park is off my destination list permanently.  Always hated the walk up that hill anyway.

• Like 3

Just now, Harrybriscoe said:

I haven't really commented on the SPFL shenanigans on the forum as events seem to change daily,  but I'm resigned now  to our fate playing in League 1 next season.

I'm determined though,  that I will give every support to the club that I can , next season and beyond.

The notion that we only visit certain grounds for away matches is one I fully support.  It would great if someone could indicate which games  should be on the 'boycott' list when the league and cup fixtures are published for 2002/21 so we can act in unison and make a real impact which will be noticed.

I urge everyone 'boycotting' to donate their away admission money to our club.  It would be interesting to see how much this accrues over the season.

Please, only apply for a season ticket refund if you really need the money. I know that as a Jags supporter I've often felt like asking for a refund when the games have been played! 

Let's give the team and the management our best support, make Firhill a fortress, and get ourselves back to that top six place - and hold it this time.

Dens park is off my destination list permanently.  Always hated the walk up that hill anyway.

This might be controversial, and I touched upon it on a previous post, but my beef is with Doncaster and the SPFL board (and Dundee). I don't really blame small League 1 and 2 clubs, having been held to ransom by the SPFL board for precious funds which could make the difference between them surviving this unforeseen period or not, voting to get their money (admittedly Forfar's chairman has not endeared me to them with his specific motives).

And while we've been one of the victims, I'm under no illusions that we'd have probably voted yes if we'd been 9th, and most of us would have thought it the pragmatic thing to do. I've no appetite therefore, for a boycott of the likes of Montrose and their ilk, surviving on gates of a few hundred, in an attempt to force them to ruin.

I wont ask for a refund, but that is a personal thing, if you are struggling financially and a refund would make a difference then it is simple logic to ask for one.

For PTFC away games I will not participate [no big deal as I attended very few anyway] so perhaps I will spend more time watching Pollok FC

Knowing that ignorant f*ckwits like the character who started this thread will no longer be buying a ST is a relief to the rest of the support. 

1 hour ago, Bobbyhouston said:

Certainly appropriate forename 

Not being personal to yourself, but more a general comment. Why is it that when posters lose the argument they have to start childish name calling ? 

Go on. Convince me that there would be long term benefit To PTFC in spending hard earned cash, possibly costing staff their jobs, going down a legal route and I will call myself a Dick

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Not being personal to yourself, but more a general comment. Why is it that when posters lose the argument they have to start childish name calling ?

it's a fitba forum Richard & you'll get a microcosm of society on here. Unfortunately, as I'm sure that you are aware, as the intelligence quotient tends downwards towards double digits, the ability for reasoned discussion diminishes exponentially.

Edited by gianlucatoni
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Harrybriscoe said:

well said harry.. i got pelters earlier on for saying that i would not be looking for a season ticket refund....

I renewed my season ticket today.

I've also written a letter to the SPFL demanding THEY pay a refund of my 2019/20 season ticket money, citing THEIR decision to terminate THEIR Championship 'product'  and therefore knowingly denying Thistle the opportunity to  play a 28th fixture to match the number of games played by QOS;  while at the same time allowing the Premiership the opportunity to play games up until the end of June, however unlikely that may be.  Never mind the big injustice of the expulsion/relegation, this alone makes my blood boil.

Assuming we are in League 1 whenever football restarts, has anyone given thought to a way of dignified protest at every match from now on?  How about standing up in silence from the moment teams take to the pitch until the ball is kicked off to commemorate the death of sporting integrity?  

The only thing Thistle did wrongly was to put out a crap team that may have been relegated anyway.

I understand that some st holders have little alternative, due to the most appalling hardship taking place but to ask for a refund and the Club should honour this.

Clubs up and down the country will be in the same position. But the SPFL should reimburse every penny to the clubs, morally if not legally. Due to their ineptitude I wonder if they have a legal responsibility too.

I and my son will certainly be renewing very soon as we are Jags to the bone. Saturday afternoons are a waste of time right now.

Imagine if we had been in QOS’ or Alloa or Morton’s position. Would we have voted no? Probably not. So talk of a boycott is not justified. It was the basis of the proposal  that skewed in favour of nearly all teams and especially those concerned about slipping into the relegation zone.

The proposal was flawed, biased and possibly fraudulently completed. Not Thistle’s fault.

I like following our team on most Saturdays. I’ll go to Montrose, Peterhead, Forfar.

We are all hurting. We’ve been shafted again. Fair enough if some fans feel they cannot return, and it sure has been a tough shift.

But please don’t shout and swear about it and those who do shouldn’t come running back looking for Cup Final tickets in a few years’ time.

I have always boycotted Dundee United. I shall boycott Dundee too but that’s it.

We’ve probably arrived at where we’d have been anyway so for those who can afford it, let’s get behind the team.

50 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

The only thing Thistle did wrongly was to put out a crap team that may have been relegated anyway.

I understand that some st holders have little alternative, due to the most appalling hardship taking place but to ask for a refund and the Club should honour this.

Clubs up and down the country will be in the same position. But the SPFL should reimburse every penny to the clubs, morally if not legally. Due to their ineptitude I wonder if they have a legal responsibility too.

I and my son will certainly be renewing very soon as we are Jags to the bone. Saturday afternoons are a waste of time right now.

Imagine if we had been in QOS’ or Alloa or Morton’s position. Would we have voted no? Probably not. So talk of a boycott is not justified. It was the basis of the proposal  that skewed in favour of nearly all teams and especially those concerned about slipping into the relegation zone.

The proposal was flawed, biased and possibly fraudulently completed. Not Thistle’s fault.

I like following our team on most Saturdays. I’ll go to Montrose, Peterhead, Forfar.

We are all hurting. We’ve been shafted again. Fair enough if some fans feel they cannot return, and it sure has been a tough shift.

But please don’t shout and swear about it and those who do shouldn’t come running back looking for Cup Final tickets in a few years’ time.

I have always boycotted Dundee United. I shall boycott Dundee too but that’s it.

We’ve probably arrived at where we’d have been anyway so for those who can afford it, let’s get behind the team.

Cup final tickets?????

2 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

For your information the subject of attending away matches is discussed in some depth in the "what if they end the season ' thread!

You might consider adding Ayr to your list given the comments made by their chairman in a local newspaper interview the other day "we shouldn't be restructuring the leagues to appease clubs like Hearts and Partick Thistle". 

Forfar might be a good addition as well. 

The other element to consider is keeping the Jags in a strong financial position not only to build a strong playing  squad but also to keep non-playing staff in jobs. 

A way of doing this is by donating the gate money you would have spent attending an away game to the club. 

That is what I intend to do! 

6 hours ago, Harrybriscoe said:

For your information the subject of attending away matches is discussed in some depth in the 'what if they end the season' thread. Perhaps better focusing related comments there. 

You make a number of interesting point especiay identifying a list if matches/teams we may wish to avoid. 

I am coming around to the view that once we know which league we are playing in we might be better opening a specific thread on this subject. This would be the best way of pulling the different views together, forming lists, coordinating action etc. 

I'm not addressing the wider issue of fan ownership. The pros and cons have been discussed relentlessly elsewhere on this forum. With that in mind one thing that fan ownership should bring is a heightened ability to influence its Board on issues of protocol. As a specific refusing to accept the hospitality offered at certain away matches. In other words no freebies, no show. If they attend, they pay at the gate like everyone else. That should go for our current "Interim Board" as well.

Away support will likely be down at most games due to economic influences as it is. So a lot of these clubs that individual Jags fans won't travel to won't be able to gauge the full extent of any "boycotts*".  Gestures, albeit symbolic, like our Board refusing the directors box may not upset the host club to any great degree but it would go some way at least towards galvanising our support.

* boycott is not really the right word as it suggests organised action

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 4:29 PM, Big Col said:

Will the club automatically issue refunds to season ticket holders for the missing games left of the season, or will we need to write in?

Looks like the club have addressed this in there latest statement..wonder how many other clubs will do this....think some premiership clubs will be hoping to play out the rest of the season..