New virtual 50-50 to help raise funds

Third Lanark

14 minutes ago, sandy said:

I’d like a virtual Ian at the top of the hill up towards the JH stand; a man who always brightens your day 

Yes, he's a popular chap. I stood in for him one Saturday. Never seen so many unhappy faces when they realised I wasn't him :)

Haven't seen Ian on the forum for some time.

• Haha 1

Just to remind you that you can still buy tickets up to 3.30pm tomorrow for the draw - let's make it a big first prize for someone!

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/virtual-50-50-draw-results-9th-may/

For those enquiring about Ian, he says the Cayman Islands are nice at this time of year and is enjoying spending your money!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Get your tickets whilst you can, they are £1 each and on sale until 3.30pm on Saturday:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/50-50-half-time-virtual-draw-sat-23rd-may/

The more sold the bigger the prize for someone and it helps our club as well.

Out of interest FT.  Do you think the virtual sales are doing better than an actual ‘live’ match?  Not trying to put you on the dole whenever footie resumes but just wondering if the virtual sales would be a good idea to run concurrently ?

1 hour ago, elevenone said:

Out of interest FT.  Do you think the virtual sales are doing better than an actual ‘live’ match?  Not trying to put you on the dole whenever footie resumes but just wondering if the virtual sales would be a good idea to run concurrently ?

I think it would be a good idea to run it concurrently as there is probably a lot of jags fans abroad or maybe work on a Saturday who can’t make games will likely be buying them online

while additionally there’s maybe people who don’t have internet access etc who go and buy them at ground.

keeping it both online and selling at the ground probably generates even more much needed income for the club.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I think it would be a good idea to run it concurrently as there is probably a lot of jags fans abroad or maybe work on a Saturday who can’t make games will likely be buying them online

while additionally there’s maybe people who don’t have internet access etc who go and buy them at ground.

keeping it both online and selling at the ground probably generates even more much needed income for the club.

I'm not sure whether it would be easy to run two systems for one draw. Running two draws would dilute the prize money and you would probably end up attracting fewer sales.

2 hours ago, elevenone said:

Definitely bigger first prize for the virtual draw. When the games stopped our average first prize was £372 which was down on the previous season but remember we did finish with several midweek or Friday evening games. Also the virtual draw has several days of selling compared to 2 hours on a matchday.

I would be very happy to see tickets being able to be bought online as well as physical tickets on matchday. There would be issues I imagine as the current way it is being done uses the seat buying site which would, I assume, be needed when fans are allowed back to games. Also there would need to be a way for all the tickets to be in the same place for the draw. I don't think any of these issues are without solution though.

The key thing at the moment is to ensure we maximise the amount raised:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

I'm not sure whether it would be easy to run two systems for one draw. Running two draws would dilute the prize money and you would probably end up attracting fewer sales.

Awww come on we ain't living in the dark ages! Are you telling me that a virtual 50/50 that runs until a certain time before kick off cannot be added to the people who buy on the day? I know Thistle are retarded when it comes to money making opportunities but this is simple. If they can do the online and draw a winner 25 minutes later it is all easy peesy lemon squeezy 

Edited by Pinhead

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Definitely bigger first prize for the virtual draw. When the games stopped our average first prize was £372 which was down on the previous season but remember we did finish with several midweek or Friday evening games. Also the virtual draw has several days of selling compared to 2 hours on a matchday.

I would be very happy to see tickets being able to be bought online as well as physical tickets on matchday. There would be issues I imagine as the current way it is being done uses the seat buying site which would, I assume, be needed when fans are allowed back to games. Also there would need to be a way for all the tickets to be in the same place for the draw. I don't think any of these issues are without solution though.

The key thing at the moment is to ensure we maximise the amount raised:

Can't our ticketing provider provide a virtual seating area, should be easy enough for them to knock up a few thousand virtual seats with reference numbers or some other identicator

4 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Can't our ticketing provider provide a virtual seating area, should be easy enough for them to knock up a few thousand virtual seats with reference numbers or some other identicator

I know the new system only started just before the season came to an abrupt end and have not had the opportunity to discuss this with the club. However it is something I will do once we are nearer fans actually going to games.

• Like 1