Why are we in this Position

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

He didn’t leave under mysterious circumstances he left because the Partick Thistle managers post was vacant. So please stop rewriting history.

He left his boyhood club QotS before he was sacked after costing the club a "significant amount" for fielding an ineligible player. The Thistle job came at a convenient time, so please stop rewriting history.

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

If we do play 1st division football next year , there should be no pressure to go up straight away, we need to have a template which looks to the future not just 1 season, get an infrastructure in place that’s going to last for the next 10/15 yrs , get our Club known for giving players a chance or promoting youth .

Whether we’ve got the right personnel in place is another debate .

Bollocks to that. If we are not pushing for promotion from the off then heads must roll. (I'd rather they rolled before)

2 minutes ago, McCall Out said:

Bollocks to that. If we are not pushing for promotion from the off then heads must roll. (I'd rather they rolled before)

Ok , this season at this moment we’re bottom of the league, we’ve spent approximately 200k on wages for players who were done at this level Miller and Harkins , before you look at the rest of the squad . 

Bottom line it didn’t work , this season we’ve brought through nobody from the Academy.

There has got to be change in our thinking, in less you know lots of great players who want to play for PTFC for £200/300 per week and achieve promotion at the first attempt 

Time to get a reality check. 

3 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Ok , this season at this moment we’re bottom of the league, we’ve spent approximately 200k on wages for players who were done at this level Miller and Harkins , before you look at the rest of the squad . 

Bottom line it didn’t work , this season we’ve brought through nobody from the Academy.

There has got to be change in our thinking, in less you know lots of great players who want to play for PTFC for £200/300 per week and achieve promotion at the first attempt 

Time to get a reality check. 

The reality is that by the time football restarts, there are going to be a lot of players desperate to find clubs and wages offered will be significantly lower than current player demands. We absolutely must be pushing for promotion at the first attempt. 

2 minutes ago, McCall Out said:

The reality is that by the time football restarts, there are going to be a lot of players desperate to find clubs and wages offered will be significantly lower than current player demands. We absolutely must be pushing for promotion at the first attempt. 

Take that on Board but the negative to that is we’ve still got a lot of players who have got us relegated still under contract Fox , Mansell, O, ware , Bannigan etc  , some of them will have to be moved on , hopefully there will be clauses for relegation in their contracts .

2 hours ago, Whitelees jag said:

We need to stop looking back.same people posting the same boring shit.

Think we have already shown which route we were going down next season..young players with hunger and something to prove..Lyons..Brownlie think there was possibly a couple more not sure how that will work out now..

Lets pull together and make sure our club whatever league they are in are still here when we come out the other side..

Agreed- well said Sir. 

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

My Views on things are pretty much a matter of Public Record and have been consistent for some time - therefore not sure what your getting at 

You obviously think there is No change required - so good luck with that  

Ok - so what exactly would you do to recify the situation and put us on the road to imporovement?

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So are you suggesting that if we continue to do the same thing-  with the same people then it will all work out ?  

You dont see any need for change on how and  who is Running the Club ? 

The thing is we have had 3 different boards and 3 different managers in those 3 years. 
Maybe it is some stability we need ?

22 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

C'mon, man, even Dick Campbell managed that.

He did , got us relegated, got us promoted , there was nothing to build on when we got promoted and that’s why we stayed in the Championship for 7 years , it was only when Jackie Mac came in and changed things was when it all started to happen for us again.

1 hour ago, McCall Out said:

He left his boyhood club QotS before he was sacked after costing the club a "significant amount" for fielding an ineligible player. The Thistle job came at a convenient time, so please stop rewriting history.

Is the responsibility for player eligibility/registration not the club secretary/admin team ?

32 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

If we do end up in league 1, we need to get back up first attempt. If not we could end up stagnating, like a number of other teams, who have found themselves in the third tier of Scottish football at best for a number of years now.

I would expect that. But nothing ever guaranteed. Big challenge with Falkirk in the league 

For goodness sake. We have, at least three players that we are likely to lose to Premier Clubs. Not necessarily as 'first choices' in their teams but.. at least as substitutes.

You all know who they are.

This is likely to be a fire sale.

This is a terribly sad time.

No income, no squad and a rebuilding from the bottom up.

The only thing the club has is you. And me. Lets keep supporting the club!

Let's make the best of this.

6 hours ago, douglas clark said:

For goodness sake. We have, at least three players that we are likely to lose to Premier Clubs. Not necessarily as 'first choices' in their teams but.. at least as substitutes.

Who is going to sign any players without some indication of when football will restart. I don’t see how closed door games would be financially viable for the liked of Hamilton, Livvy, Ross and St.Mirren and without them there is no Premier League

14 hours ago, jaf said:

We are supposed to be on the cusp of change.

That change is fan ownership.

Hopefully at that point, everyone will coalesce around a common goal and, if they have something to offer, step forward to ensure the fans organisation, and ultimately the Board, feature a broad church of views and skills. It will only be what we make of it.

You need to decide what you dislike less Jim - democratic fan ownership (lets just assume it ticks all the boxes you would want it to, rather than get into that debate for the moment), or the status quo.

I think this is key. We are on the cusp but for how long (Yes I know COVID has impacted it), once a time-frame and template for this comes out then we have a goal, something to push for and, if doesn't seem robust, a way to influence and change. My fear is the longer the lockdown, the longer the transition the lower the buy in

• Like 1

15 hours ago, McCall Out said:

He wasn’t sacked at all from QOS and you know it

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

He wasn’t sacked at all from QOS and you know it

From his wikipedia page ....

Despite narrowly avoiding relegation, Ian McCall was sacked by Queen of the South, with his assistant Gordon Chisholm taking over. His departure from Queen of the South was in bitter circumstances. McCall fielded an ineligible player in Jamie Adams in a Scottish Cup run early in 2007. Queens were fined £20,000 by the SFA. Chairman Davie Rae described the fine as, "A considerable sum".[6] McCall's departure from Queens was at the season's end

9 minutes ago, McCall Out said:

From his wikipedia page ....

Despite narrowly avoiding relegation, Ian McCall was sacked by Queen of the South, with his assistant Gordon Chisholm taking over. His departure from Queen of the South was in bitter circumstances. McCall fielded an ineligible player in Jamie Adams in a Scottish Cup run early in 2007. Queens were fined £20,000 by the SFA. Chairman Davie Rae described the fine as, "A considerable sum".[6] McCall's departure from Queens was at the season's end

Wikipedia.

The same page you get a mention on

9 hours ago, douglas clark said:

The assumption seems to be other clubs will be unaffected by what’s going on ? Some premier clubs will have financial challenges as well .....it’s not just us 

17 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

If they're a matter of public record and haven't changed any then you're not adding anything new to the debate.

Ergo, you're a bore. 

Your view pretty much boils down to 'no-one can hold a candle to my pals when it comes to running/managing a football club'.

The guys you hitched your wagon to initiated one of the most divisive periods in the recent history of PTFC. To what end and to whose benefit?

We've gone full circle. Sorry, no, we're actually in a worse position than we were prior to their intervention.

As I said, feel free to list who's responsible and why, starting with the current manager. But if you aren't proposing a solution then who really gives a sh*t?

No what Im stating is that despite the PR - we are not in this position because of the SPFL - we are here because of decisions taken over the last Three Years both on the Park and Off it - Im stating we have lacked direction and a cohesive strategy for some time - the Current Manager is at the end of the Line - the problems were well set in before he was appointed - Relegation Zone Three Seasons on the Trot - Three Different Managers - it suggests we have issues beyond who the Manager is 

As for your infantile petty insults - Grow Up - your not a Wee Boy  

My Solution - we have enough competent people who have run Businesses within our Fan Base - what we have clearly isnt Working - we are going to have to have change - the next 12 Months will be make or break for the Club      

17 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

Agreed.

Another point I'd make is that I'm far from happy to see the current Chairman back at the helm. I said before - and my position remains unchanged - that her presence could suffocate the chances of fan ownership succeeding. But you could argue that the previous board's machinations have ultimately cemented her position, at least in the short term.

And that's partly because she's really lucky to have been able to cede control of club communications to a competent operator this time around (hope that's evidence of lessons having been learned). That's one appointment I'd congratulate Beattie and co on.

I know this will worry you -but I agree with all of that 

• Like 2