brian graham

Jagsman

He's certainly a leader and good example but even if he stays I don't think he should be captain. Reasons twofold. Firstly he doesn't play in a position ideal to captain the side and secondly you want your captain to be on the pitch for ninety minutes. Just my guess on the latter but I don't think that'll be the case.

30 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

He's certainly a leader and good example but even if he stays I don't think he should be captain. Reasons twofold. Firstly he doesn't play in a position ideal to captain the side and secondly you want your captain to be on the pitch for ninety minutes. Just my guess on the latter but I don't think that'll be the case.

I agree. I like one of the central defenders to be captain as they have a view of what is happening in front of them. That said there have been some strikers who were very good captains

11 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I agree. I like one of the central defenders to be captain as they have a view of what is happening in front of them. That said there have been some strikers who were very good captains

Agree with this. Still think O’Ware will come good. 

13 hours ago, Emsca said:

Dont think it matters who is given the Title captain.

What matters is having leaders and winners on the pitch. You gain respect by example , not by being given a Title.

Conversely when you don't have the leaders on the park effective captaincy is all the more important. We were largely lacking in winners and leaders last season. I thought the signing of Darian MacKinnon would address that situation to a certain degree, if only on a very short term. That of course didn't work out.

I don't have an opinion re whether O'Ware makes a good captain/leader or not. He was struggling so much with his own game it was a secondary issue.