Centenary Fund - May's Results

Fawlty Towers

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an idea btw @Fawlty Towers if you have any influence over centenary fund. See instead of signed footballs, why not give a £5 voucher for the club shop. This would benefit because people are likely to go into the shop with their £5 voucher and spend more thus making the club money. A ball albeit nice is probably of no use to most adults.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Here is an idea btw @Fawlty Towers if you have any influence over centenary fund. See instead of signed footballs, why not give a £5 voucher for the club shop. This would benefit because people are likely to go into the shop with their £5 voucher and spend more thus making the club money. A ball albeit nice is probably of no use to most adults.

You are pushing at an open door as I have suggested this on several occasions but I don't have influence.

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Agreed, I’ve accumulated a few of these and still have 2 lying about the house with no idea what to do with them. I usually donate to my mate’s son’s football team for raffles, but who wants to buy a ball signed by some of the jokers we’ve had in the past few years

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

How will that work for those paying by card and abroad?  A cheque is useless outside the UK 

Have European countries stopped using cheques completely? When I lived in France there was no problem getting cheques from the US and Britain paid into my account there. But that was donkeys ago.

4 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

How will that work for those paying by card and abroad?  A cheque is useless outside the UK 

Good point. Not sure what the club are doing with regard to that.

I think this would be a good time for them to review things and make some tweaks to what has been in place. As Pinhead has pointed out the signed football is not the prize it once was, at the moment we don't know when hospitality will be back. Also, as a money saving exercise surely it would be easier to make payments electronically rather than sending a letter with a cheque in an envelope to a group of people each month?

They have listened and changed how people can sign up so hopefully they will look at the other areas as well.