Ex-Jags playing at a higher level than us

Jaggernaut

If and when football in Scotland gets underway again. To start the ball rolling:

Ricky Little, James Craigen: Arbroath

Mark Ridgers: ICT

AaronTaylor-Sinclair, Stevie Lawless: Livingston

Aidan Nesbitt, Kris Doolan: Morton

Kevin Nisbet: Dunfermline

There are no doubt (more than?) a few others......

9 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

If and when football in Scotland gets underway again. To start the ball rolling:

Ricky Little, James Craigen: Arbroath

Mark Ridgers: ICT

AaronTaylor-Sinclair, Stevie Lawless: Livingston

Aidan Nesbitt, Kris Doolan: Morton

Kevin Nisbet: Dunfermline

There are no doubt (more than?) a few others......

SOD, Czerny ?

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Although we have been expelled/relegated to div 1, who knows how many leagues there will be and which one we will be playing in when we eventually start playing again. Gordon Strachan very scathing when talking about part time teams in Scotland. 

Not sure why Gordon Strachan wasn’t as vocal when John Nelms decided to do his U turn .

If Nelms had kept to his original vote , the resolution would have been defeated and there would have had to have been different resolutions on the table which could have been a catalyst for real change in Scottish Football.

Instead of trying to be the guru of Scottish Football, maybe he should look closer to home and ask why John Nelms reneged on his original decision.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Liam Lindsay (Stoke)

What about the likes of Dan Seabourne, Freddie Frans, David Amoo, Ade Azeez etc (lost track of them all)?

Originally I was keeping it to players playing in Scotland.... but nobody can control the direction that threads go in......

18 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Although we have been expelled/relegated to div 1, who knows how many leagues there will be and which one we will be playing in when we eventually start playing again. Gordon Strachan very scathing when talking about part time teams in Scotland. 

Job with the Tayside Administration Regulars. Glass houses and stones come to mind

Although I have no great liking for him he does have a point, how can you be professional if you are part time. For years we have said there’s to many teams. I don’t want any club  to die, but every club has to find its level, if they are a ‘community’ Club with only a few hundred supporters then that is what they are, my only concern is that is the way Thistle are  going, but hopefully not. What worries me more are the idiots in charge at the SPFL, they are going to discuss reconstruction at a divisional level, turkeys voting for Christmas again. They are only discussing what suits them and not consider the big picture. Time for everyone to get together and realise for once that unless things change nobody is going to survive this, including the ugly sisters.

Edited by Odd Fellows

There are some excellent players mentioned above who were good for Thistle (Lawless, SOD, T/S and of course our 2 legends).

However this thread shows how atrociously Thistle have been managed since finishing 6th.

Some of the players mentioned were considered (at least by me) absolute haddies. I was delighted to see the back of them. They now play at Alloa and Arbroath FFS.

Respect to them for making a career out of the game. But it begs the question that if they had stayed and been managed better, could we have avoided relegation? Nisbet should never have been allowed to leave for instance.

I was quite happy when we signed most of the players still contracted. But they have played a big hand in relegating us.  Perhaps if they can have a similar attitude to the likes of Little and the Alloa guy we can escape the 3rd Division if it ever starts, and they too could have a future in the game.

McCall has a helluva job with that lot. They are proven losers.