Ex-Jags playing at a higher level than us

Jaggernaut

1 hour ago, Weebaw1 said:

There are some excellent players mentioned above who were good for Thistle (Lawless, SOD, T/S and of course our 2 legends).

However this thread shows how atrociously Thistle have been managed since finishing 6th.

Some of the players mentioned were considered (at least by me) absolute haddies. I was delighted to see the back of them. They now play at Alloa and Arbroath FFS.

Respect to them for making a career out of the game. But it begs the question that if they had stayed and been managed better, could we have avoided relegation? Nisbet should never have been allowed to leave for instance.

I was quite happy when we signed most of the players still contracted. But they have played a big hand in relegating us.  Perhaps if they can have a similar attitude to the likes of Little and the Alloa guy we can escape the 3rd Division if it ever starts, and they too could have a future in the game.

McCall has a helluva job with that lot. They are proven losers.

To be fair not many could have predicted what Nisbet has done over the last couple of seasons.

9 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Sandy. Your memory serves you ill. Remember that season in League 1 in 2005-2006 which culminated in our fortunate escape at Peterhead!

Doh! Of course. I was there at the game too...

I think I’d conveniently erased the Campbell years from my mind. 

9 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

To be fair not many could have predicted what Nisbet has done over the last couple of seasons.

Anyone who saw him destroy Anderson at St Johnstone could see the potential of that boy. He was quick and strong.

Sure he had some poor performances but mainly off the bench. It was obvious he needed managed to fulfill potential.

10 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

I think it depends when you made that decision. As said above he showed what he could do up at McDiarmid when he applied himself. He was living up to the potential we saw in the lad the two or three seasons previously when he played at Firhill. Nisbet by his own admission tho' didn't apply himself and he was very poor out on loan. McCall's forte is man management and he couldn't get anything out Nisbet. Looks like he took his one last chance at Raith and has completely turned round his game and attitude. One thing he's always been excellent at is taking up good positions right across the width of the park.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2020 at 9:01 AM, Weebaw1 said:

Anyone who saw him destroy Anderson at St Johnstone could see the potential of that boy. He was quick and strong.

Sure he had some poor performances but mainly off the bench. It was obvious he needed managed to fulfill potential.

We have had loads of players with potential that just fizzled to nothing though. 
Nisbet admitted himself that he wasn’t applying himself properly at Thistle and it was only going to Raith that gave him a wake up call that it was last chance saloon for him.

On 7/6/2020 at 8:50 AM, a f kincaid said:

Debatable if Norwich U-23s is a higher level than Thistle  (have we sunk that low?) but, just as an aside, Adan Fitzpatrick signed for them a year ago yesterday.

Makes you wonder if we would be in the situation we are in, if he had stayed ?

12 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Would any team not realise the irony with putting round the begging bowl with one hand and then spending a lot of money on a transfer with the other.:thinking:

No but this is different. The begging bowl is purely for the noble pursuit of justice and fair play.

• 1 month later...