Welcome Ross Docherty

Third Lanark

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

I found that pretty interesting. But, has somebody got guys collecting this kind of information on every player in the Championship in every match? Or do they analyze videos of the matches?

The comparisons with Bannigan threw up some food for thought. Bannigan might make more passes, as the stats show, but the "recycle" description of those passes simply camouflages the mostly useless short sideways or backward passes that have become our trademark over the years. The "heat maps" show that Docherty should provide balance in midfield, maybe with more through balls for forwards to run onto. Looks like a good new member of the squad.

Last season we lost 2-3 to Ayr at Firhill. Gordon and Bannigan were red-carded for what I saw as careless, not malicious challenges. In that game a certain Ayr player committed two tackles which to my eyes were intended to hurt the opponent. Referee gave free kicks but no  card was shown. Who was that player? (Refer to thread title).