Idiots in Jags Strips

Aliballibee

I agree this looks bad and hope the club are decisive in awarding this guy a life ban! 

I would like to think that in general there has been enough positive news about PT Family Club etc to offset any damage to the image of the club and people associated with it  caused by this incident! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pinhead said:

He must have some history with the law i would imagine, 12mths is excessive when people get less for actual GBH.

That's my thinking too. A disgusting thing to do but:

Nobody got hurt.

There was no intention to hurt (just to both disgust and scare).

People get lesser sentences for much more serious crimes.

But it might help him to sober up, dry out and deal with his issues.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

we just have less of them in proportion to the size of their support 

That's not what I was getting at. Our neighbours (in one guise or another) for over a century propagated bigotry and religious intolerance for their own self interests. I don't recall PTFC ever stoking similar fires for their own end.

Beside I would never accept we've got anything like an equal share of knuckle-draggers on a proportional scale. If that was so it would be like accepting that all that bigotry and sectarianism had no effect on the size of their support.  

17 hours ago, exiledjag said:

I agree this looks bad and hope the club are decisive in awarding this guy a life ban! 

I would like to think that in general there has been enough positive news about PT Family Club etc to offset any damage to the image of the club and people associated with it  caused by this incident! 

On what basis should he get a Life Ban - it didnt involve the Club nor was it anywhere near the Stadium - like all Clubs we have a Broad Spectrum of Fans - including idiots  

• Like 6

I like to treat all stories like this now with the thought ..lets not be hasty. Reporters will always make headlines sound as dramatic as possible. To rush to say this guy is scum is trial by twitter. 

Nobody knows the character of the person. Maybe it was a one off that the guy will have to live with for a long time.  The high premium sentence was due to the high alert and current status of the coronavirus at this time. It would have been the same when AIDS virus first came out.  What would have been the sentence for being drunk and spitting at an officer 6 months ago. Probably a lot less. 

Its dispicable what he did but we need to be careful how we demonise.  There have been far to many situations were a person wakes up to a twitter storm and death threats who you find out later was totally innocent.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, allyo said:

I think the BBC would have tried harder to get an alternative picture if it had been a Celtic or Rangers* strip, for fear of backlash.

Call me paranoid.

Begs the question - how or where did they get that picture, and was it the only one available from whatever the source was? I suggest NOT!