Can we and others survive

Bobbyhouston

So for training to restart on 11th June, we would need to recall our our players and coaching staff from furlough and set up all of the testing and isolation facilities, but still we don't have any published fixtures for an August restart. Unless something dramatic happens in the next week, I just don't see that happening even for Premier League clubs.

39 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

So for training to restart on 11th June, we would need to recall our our players and coaching staff from furlough and set up all of the testing and isolation facilities, but still we don't have any published fixtures for an August restart. Unless something dramatic happens in the next week, I just don't see that happening even for Premier League clubs.

Reported this morning we will be starting in October .....11 June might be premier 

1 hour ago, Dark Passenger said:

Can you provide a link, please?

From pie and bovril on Twitter 

More encouraging news with the Championship now apparently considering a return to action in October. That seems to be directly related to the proposed James Anderson donation, assuming it will give clubs funds to carry out the necessary testing.

Jim Mcinally also quoted saying October is realistic 

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

Reported this morning we will be starting in October .....11 June might be premier 

You have deduced this from a post on P&B. A post that talks about the Championship. Apparently, considering, assuming.

How's the Oxford vaccine coming along?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

You have deduced this from a post on P&B. A post that talks about the Championship. Apparently, considering, assuming.

How's the Oxford vaccine coming along?

Actually I didn’t say it came from a post on pie and bovril  nor did I say is was a post about the championship you did....so you assumed , made up and invented ....I said it came from p and b which is not the same thing  and posted the tweet ... unnecessarily unpleasant 

update on Oxford below they are in phase 2 and 3 of human trials ....

https://news.sky.com/story/human-guinea-pig-why-i-volunteered-for-the-covid-19-vaccine-trial-11999505

need any other help ?

8 hours ago, javeajag said:

CE Neil Doncaster describes the James Anderson consortium money as “extremely generous” and “could make a significant difference” to the Scottish game. Am told the donation is well over £4m...

So that is £3 millions split between the old firm and the other million to Premiership clubs. There will be a few hundred thousand left for the rest

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

Actually I didn’t say it came from a post on pie and bovril  nor did I say is was a post about the championship you did....so you assumed , made up and invented ....I said it came from p and b which is not the same thing  and posted the tweet ... unnecessarily unpleasant 

update on Oxford below they are in phase 2 and 3 of human trials ....

https://news.sky.com/story/human-guinea-pig-why-i-volunteered-for-the-covid-19-vaccine-trial-11999505

need any other help ?

So this is not the text from the post on P&B?

5 hours ago, javeajag said:

From pie and bovril on Twitter 

More encouraging news with the Championship now apparently considering a return to action in October. That seems to be directly related to the proposed James Anderson donation, assuming it will give clubs funds to carry out the necessary testing.

Jim Mcinally also quoted saying October is realistic 

Confusing.

6 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

So this is not the text from the post on P&B?

Confusing.

Not really 

It’s a tweet that’s why it’s says it’s from twitter .....it’s a tweet from the guy who runs p and b not a post in the p and forum which I’m not on anyway

your welcome 

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Not really 

It’s a tweet that’s why it’s says it’s from twitter .....it’s a tweet from the guy who runs p and b not a post in the p and forum which I’m not on anyway

your welcome 

Ok. So it does talk about the Championship. I'm not assuming or making it up.

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

What does this say about the future of fan ownership, if anything ? 
Assuming that about 1/2 of this amount is from fans not asking for a refund on ST’s is 25K a month extra enough for fan ownership to be sustainable?

9 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

What does this say about the future of fan ownership, if anything ? 
Assuming that about 1/2 of this amount is from fans not asking for a refund on ST’s is 25K a month extra enough for fan ownership to be sustainable?

I would say no, not if we want to be successful or ever compete again in top league. And myself and probably others who have donated want no part of fan ownership.

28 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I would say no, not if we want to be successful or ever compete again in top league. And myself and probably others who have donated want no part of fan ownership.

Leaving aside the fan ownership bit, if fans continued to contribute, how  much extra per month do you think we would  need to be able to compete.

£25K a month is an extra £ 250  a week per player or there abouts.

Edited by Lenziejag