Accept we are down and look forward to next season

Happyjag

I've long accepted now we are down no matter what hearts next move is to try and drag it out and cling on. It's not great and like the rest of us I'm pissed off we get shafted again. But for so long now it's been an effort dragging myself to firhill on a saturday. Hopefully we get this next season up and running soon and we can look forward. It's all been doom and gloom for so long I want to look ahead and with the team we have and the couple coming in I'm hopefull of a good season this time. We have a good forward line especially at this level if we keep as it sounds like we will Graham and rudden. The boy lyons knows the way to goal at this level sena looked decent at this level. That's just a few so I think we could end up winning a lot of games have a good season and end up with a winning mentality again. Even end up looking forward to the football on a Saturday again. It could end up being a good thing in the long run to just start over get a new mentality and that enjoyable feeling going to the football again. No had that for a while. I know theres still a lot of shit to get sorted before hand. I just wanted a positive post it's all been negative at firhill for so long now. So hopefully sooner rather than later get it back on and I'm looking forward to winning games in lge 1 and trying to win a title again.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Happyjag said:

I've long accepted now we are down no matter what hearts next move is to try and drag it out and cling on. It's not great and like the rest of us I'm pissed off we get shafted again. But for so long now it's been an effort dragging myself to firhill on a saturday. Hopefully we get this next season up and running soon and we can look forward. It's all been doom and gloom for so long I want to look ahead and with the team we have and the couple coming in I'm hopefull of a good season this time. We have a good forward line especially at this level if we keep as it sounds like we will Graham and rudden. The boy lyons knows the way to goal at this level sena looked decent at this level. That's just a few so I think we could end up winning a lot of games have a good season and end up with a winning mentality again. Even end up looking forward to the football on a Saturday again. It could end up being a good thing in the long run to just start over get a new mentality and that enjoyable feeling going to the football again. No had that for a while. I know theres still a lot of shit to get sorted before hand. I just wanted a positive post it's all been negative at firhill for so long now. So hopefully sooner rather than later get it back on and I'm looking forward to winning games in lge 1 and trying to win a title again.

I think your right.  We need to get the 'buzz' back into Firhill and all things Thistle! I said on one of the threads some time ago that League 1 gives us the opportunity to overhaul the club from top to bottom.  On the playing side we need to off load all of the players whom we know have struggled to make the grade in the championship and get a team together that has a better balance of youth and experience.

Above all we need a team with pace throughout and which plays with power and purpose!  We need a team that excites the fans. I think Graham, Lyons, Rudden, Docherty, Gordon,  Penrice & Sneddon represent a good start. I still think O'Ware, Williamson, and possibly Mansell could be worth persevering with and I would like to see Kakay return. There was a player inside there! I don't know enough about the young players but Sena appears to be a prospect!  And above all we need to start winning games convincingly!! 

Whether or not we act in conjunction with Hearts I suspect Legal Action will be a costly blind alley! 

• Like 2

Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath on anything other than us being down. I really agree though a fresh start now all over. Let's start looking forward to going to the football again. These last 2 seasons, last 3 really have been some of the worst times I remember following us. I think in the long run we could come out of this much better off. Clean start, new mentality and a much fresher looking squad.  I seen some clips of senas games on the website he looked decent. Him coming in or back anyway alongside docherty and lyons that's 3 basically new players who we know have what it takes at this level. It's not always better players you need in lge 1 its grit and a togetherness, another reason I wouldn't mind us getting rid of a good few players we have currently. That lack of effort pissed me off way way more than lack of talent. 

On 6/3/2020 at 10:22 PM, allyo said:

I saw the thread title and came on ready to be cynical.  But you're right. If we can get the season up and running it has potential to be really enjoyable.

When possible we just need to get on with it. It's a kick on the balls no mistake, no surprise thistle on the end of a shafting again that pisses me off. Now I just want next season started and I'm looking forward to looking forward to going to the games again, home games anyway.

46 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Enjoyable?  With the Chairman,  board and manager we have?

I think we have a start of a side that's capable of winning that league. Still some dead wood to shift, I'd agree the board are part of that. Mcall has previous of taking teams up out of this league that for me and the players coming in Lyons, Sena and  docherty I'm confident we could win that league.... well hopefull anyway lol.

5 hours ago, Happyjag said:

I think we have a start of a side that's capable of winning that league. Still some dead wood to shift, I'd agree the board are part of that. Mcall has previous of taking teams up out of this league that for me and the players coming in Lyons, Sena and  docherty I'm confident we could win that league.... well hopefull anyway lol.

I would say that top 4 is realistic,  but with the likes of Falkirk and Cove in it, I certainly wouldn't be ultimately confident of winning it.

On 6/3/2020 at 11:22 PM, allyo said:

I saw the thread title and came on ready to be cynical.  But you're right. If we can get the season up and running it has potential to be really enjoyable.

It of course will be enjoyable to get back to going to the football initially, how long that “joy” lasts will depend on how we perform on and off the park.  When we were relegated, their was a lot talking of it going to be good to see us winning regular whilst challenging to win the league, the season was a disaster. The same last year.

This season, when it starts, will also be tough.

I look to how Motherwell have brought players through, play good football, have excellent pr, and are fully transparent on the pro’s and cons of fan ownership, as a benchmark for where we should be aiming. There is a huge amount of positivity around them, we need to aim for that as a similar sized club under the shadow of the Old Firm.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Enjoyable?  With the Chairman,  board and manager we have?

It’s going to be a really hard sell to be enthusiastic about going to see the might of Forfar, Peterhead , Cove , Montrose and East Fife etc , not sure enjoyable is the word I would use either .

• Like 1

Just now, jlsarmy said:

It’s going to be a really hard sell to be enthusiastic about going to see the might of Forfar, Peterhead , Cove , Montrose and East Fife etc , not sure enjoyable is the word I would use either .

I genuinely look forward more going to these sides than to watch us play the Old Firm, sadly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

If we are winning it’s enjoyable 

1 hour ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Walking up the hill in the pishing rain, never winning 50/50, getting a rogue pie both cold and scalding, sitting on a broken seat, cold water taps in the toilets. In the December dark and cold.

I WILL GENUINELY HAVE A LUMP IN MY THROAT AND A TEAR IN MY EYE WHEN THE ABOVE HAPPENS

Can i also add being hit in the face with the ball twice, during the warm up.

• Haha 1

While the acceptance is there I still have a glimmer of hope.

I will be in firm support when we get back up and running - although that still looks months away - and hope we can finally give a good account of ourselves which for the most part has been lacking for 3 years.  Still so much uncertainty, it is hard to get enthused.

7 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Walking up the hill in the pishing rain, never winning 50/50, getting a rogue pie both cold and scalding, sitting on a broken seat, cold water taps in the toilets. In the December dark and cold.

I WILL GENUINELY HAVE A LUMP IN MY THROAT AND A TEAR IN MY EYE WHEN THE ABOVE HAPPENS

That'll be the pie. 

Did you know that unsold pies at Premier league games are sold the following week in the Championship games and so on until League Two.  It largely explains why the crowds are smaller in the lower leagues.

It’s really depressing reading comments about how people hope we can be in top 4, how they hope we can be competitive in League 1. League 1!!!
How far were have fallen in 3 years and yet somehow some of the culprits are still at the club. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

I would say that top 4 is realistic,  but with the likes of Falkirk and Cove in it, I certainly wouldn't be ultimately confident of winning it.

No disrespect to the other teams in league 1, but its shameful how far we have dropped with regards to the above comment by GRE.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mulguy jag said:

No disrespect to the other teams in league 1, but its shameful how far we have dropped with regards to the above comment by GRE.

That is the nub of all our frustrations as supporters.

Separately i see a report suggesting the ugly sisters may be seeking inclusion of b teams in any  league reconstructions . Seems there is no end of sucking oxygen out of the rest of Scottish football from these 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peaty FC said:

That is the nub of all our frustrations as supporters.

Separately i see a report suggesting the ugly sisters may be seeking inclusion of b teams in any  league reconstructions . Seems there is no end of sucking oxygen out of the rest of Scottish football from these 2.

Nothing would shock me with those 2. Teams will go to the wall all teams will take massive hits, but these 2 will see it as an opportunity. They've wanted b teams in the leagues for years now.  Everyone else suffers those 2 benefit.  We need to stop having the 4 old firm games a season as our main selling point to sky to even begin to gain some power back from those 2 stains on our game.  

3 hours ago, Big Col said:

It’s really depressing reading comments about how people hope we can be in top 4, how they hope we can be competitive in League 1. League 1!!!
How far were have fallen in 3 years and yet somehow some of the culprits are still at the club. 

Your spot on there Big col, any other club on the country probably the world anybody associated with that kind of rapid decline would be gone. It seems at firhill total failure is acceptable especially if your seen as a jags man. We need to shake the blind loyalty we show. Bannigan for me is an example of that loyalty it massively debatable whether theres been a player in there for the last few seasons. Most other teams would've got rid not thistle though. Same with archie for me the relegation season, that defeat from killie the pumping should've been his last game. But people were happy to be relegated as long as we kept him. What other club would even for a second contemplate that. Think about that could you imagine any team or teams fans saying that. If I was sitting with a Falkirk fan and he said he was ok with relegation as long as they kept so and so or whatever manager I'd think hes lost the plot. We need to be more ruthless more harsh get some pride back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Happyjag said:

Your spot on there Big col, any other club on the country probably the world anybody associated with that kind of rapid decline would be gone. It seems at firhill total failure is acceptable especially if your seen as a jags man. We need to shake the blind loyalty we show. Bannigan for me is an example of that loyalty it massively debatable whether theres been a player in there for the last few seasons. Most other teams would've got rid not thistle though. Same with archie for me the relegation season, that defeat from killie the pumping should've been his last game. But people were happy to be relegated as long as we kept him. What other club would even for a second contemplate that. Think about that could you imagine any team or teams fans saying that. If I was sitting with a Falkirk fan and he said he was ok with relegation as long as they kept so and so or whatever manager I'd think hes lost the plot. We need to be more ruthless more harsh get some pride back.

As long as we have low and britton we will always be pish, they want a wee cuddly wuddly all inclusive club for their pals and snowflakes! We ceased being a business when beattie and co left. They came back briefly and took the required decisions and then the lunatics came back to the asylum

Edited by Pinhead